The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Highgate Bend Derby - 1st Feb 2009

If unseeded gets drawn first it gets red, if inside runner drawn second then first drawn shifts to blue and seeded gets red, if another inside seeded drawn third then inside runner drawn before it keeps red box, that dog gets blue and unseeded moves to white ;)
mmmm, news to me

Good Evening everyone just like to let you all know the track is in perfect running condition the current temperature is 2 degrees. The track has been salted just in case. Also a new trip has been made and the top bend has been extended like everyone wanted would like too wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow and a safe journey to highgate. Both cafés will be open tomorrow for food and drinks. All the best
See you all soon

Daniel & James :)
Can't wait :thumbsup:

Good Evening everyone just like to let you all know the track is in perfect running condition the current temperature is 2 degrees. The track has been salted just in case. Also a new trip has been made and the top bend has been extended like everyone wanted would like too wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow and a safe journey to highgate. Both cafés will be open tomorrow for food and drinks. All the best
See you all soon

Big thanks to Highgate works and owner/s :thumbsup: looking forward to tomorrow good luck everyone :luck:

theres not another track in the country that wants to help whippet racing as much as these folks a masive thankyou to highgate owners your brill :thumbsup:

See you all soon

Will be there bright and early for brekkie in the cafe :thumbsup: :D Thanks for all your hard work :D Will we need thermals tho?? lol

chris

See you all soon

Will be there bright and early for brekkie in the cafe :thumbsup: :D Thanks for all your hard work :D Will we need thermals tho?? lol

chris
Did Ena Sharples wear thermals Chris :lol:

See you all soon

chris
Did Ena Sharples wear thermals Chris :lol:
She wore them under her hair net!!

chris

good luck :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: to one and all, well done to highgate staff sponsering such an event, hopefully i will have a dog to run soon

I bet the owner's and the worker's didn't get up as early as me :- -_-

3.48am...bloody hell geoff, you shit the bed this morning or what? :lol:

If unseeded gets drawn first it gets red, if inside runner drawn second then first drawn shifts to blue and seeded gets red, if another inside seeded drawn third then inside runner drawn before it keeps red box, that dog gets blue and unseeded moves to white ;)

This is discimination against other dogs that dont seed ! If you draw for traps it should be the owners decision whether they change --or how can you call it a fair draw ? This is anything but fair ---drawing red trap--- and just because you dont seed you could end up on wide outside---- if you have four that are seeded in same race as yourself -----

this surely cant be called fair in anyones book ---------what is fair about that having to run futher ? Nothing i believe!

steve
News to me when I've been at scratch draws whichever dog was drawn out first kept the red trap no matter what dog was drawn out next. What a load of rubbish :angry:

chris
Well now I'm confused Chris because how do you explain how inside runners gets the inside boxes and the outside runners get the outside ones ? I'm yet to attend an open and see a wide runner in the red, an inside runner in the black and everyone else in blue, white and orange :wacko:

As for whether it discriminates against unseeded dogs, well that's not up to me. Maybe this will be the first race meeting where dogs seeding is irrelevant to the draw, it will be interesting to see different race results. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I didn't bother getting my dogs ready to race today, they've just come in season this morning :angry: 5 months after the last one :- , except for Moany Moany, with the inujuries she sustained at the club meeting the rest would have done no harm. GET WELL SOON BLAZE :luck:

This is discimination against other dogs that dont seed ! If you draw for traps it should be the owners decision whether they change --or how can you call it a fair draw ? This is anything but fair ---drawing red trap--- and just because you dont seed you could end up on wide outside---- if you have four that are seeded in same race as yourself -----

this surely cant be called fair in anyones book ---------what is fair about that having to run futher ? Nothing i believe!

steve
News to me when I've been at scratch draws whichever dog was drawn out first kept the red trap no matter what dog was drawn out next. What a load of rubbish :angry:

chris
Well now I'm confused Chris because how do you explain how inside runners gets the inside boxes and the outside runners get the outside ones ? I'm yet to attend an open and see a wide runner in the red, an inside runner in the black and everyone else in blue, white and orange :wacko:

As for whether it discriminates against unseeded dogs, well that's not up to me. Maybe this will be the first race meeting where dogs seeding is irrelevant to the draw, it will be interesting to see different race results. :thumbsup:

I'm glad I didn't bother getting my dogs ready to race today, they've just come in season this morning :angry: 5 months after the last one :- , except for Moany Moany, with the inujuries she sustained at the club meeting the rest would have done no harm. GET WELL SOON BLAZE :luck:
Fleesh, I don't want to fall out with you, but please don't don't answer anymore quires on the Highgate Derby or even Highgate wrc meeting, leave it to the persons who run it :thumbsup:

Regarding Moany Moany getting injured at our club race night, I'm very sorry for her :( but dogs get injured all the time, open racing club racing, trialing, free running.

ps get well soon Blaze :luck:

Hazel will put the full results in 20 mins :thumbsup:

steve

chris

Fleesh, I don't want to fall out with you, but please don't don't answer anymore quires on the Highgate Derby or even Highgate wrc meeting, leave it to the persons who run it :thumbsup:

Regarding Moany Moany getting injured at our club race night, I'm very sorry for her :( but dogs get injured all the time, open racing club racing, trialing, free running.

Whoops sorry didn't realise it was a direct enquiry about a specific event I thought it was a general enquiry as to how a scratch draw generally works as re: seeded dogs. :thumbsup:

I know dogs get injured all the time Geoff so I don't see why you feel you need to defend the club as re: Blaze's unfortunate race :blink: , I just mentioned she was injured, it was a bad one and where it happened, she has never had a bad muscular injury in her career and at six years of age I'm sure you can appreciate I am concerned about her. :wub:

Just hope the event went off with no hitches, was well supported, there were no major injuries and everyone went home happy. Other than that I have my own concerns rather than it being misunderstood that I am trying to interfere with other peoples.

Had a really pleasant day today some great banter with an old lad(Peter) I think who was with (John with Comet) about years gone by---give Mr Meades his usual slagging off----Jolly Joe's Owner got a shock whilst trying to wind me up he never saw it comming ------Gary Bailey still smells of an old PRAWN -----or rough old shrimp--or maybe even a whelk--Peter Winter is going to be a dad i hear some old bird he had in his Taxi who he was singing Crazy too--

that just about covers the social side of this meeting apart from so silly bugger calling Vicky a lady --Well she tries hard but Lady? i just had to put him Right ---Mark is trying to iron out the rough bits but hes not on a winner there --lol must be a patient lad ---

Thanks to all the management and staff at Highgate---plus all the helpers and a special thanks to Hazel /Geoff and also to all the racers for a enjoyable day ---Just Sorry poor old Charlie was not there--

Steve

well done all the winners it was a good days racing :) well organised evnt really enjoyed it well done highgate owners and highgate whippet club thank you all :thumbsup: special well done to lorain and jimmy with inshala

thanks to highgate whippet club, and all the highgate team, for a very well ran event....spot on. :thumbsup:

and thank you for the £110. prize money, and the 2 beautiful jackets,for fastest time, and suprime, and a very nice trophy too.....spot on. :D :thumbsup:

steve

chris

Whoops sorry didn't realise it was a direct enquiry about a specific event I thought it was a general enquiry as to how a scratch draw generally works as re: seeded dogs. :thumbsup:

I know dogs get injured all the time Geoff so I don't see why you feel you need to defend the club as re: Blaze's unfortunate race :blink: , I just mentioned she was injured, it was a bad one and where it happened, she has never had a bad muscular injury in her career and at six years of age I'm sure you can appreciate I am concerned about her. :wub:

Just hope the event went off with no hitches, was well supported, there were no major injuries and everyone went home happy. Other than that I have my own concerns rather than it being misunderstood that I am trying to interfere with other peoples.
Just didn't want you getting into a argument on our behalf :thumbsup:

You haven't got the laptop in the bath there have you :eek:

:p

Thank you all for coming and supporting this Derby :thumbsup: it was nice that we put the past fall outs behind us :thumbsup: and got on with what we all love, racing our dogs and having the crack :thumbsup:

Thank you to the Myers family for the £1000 :thumbsup:

A big thank you to all the sponsors who helped pay for the trophies and the lovely jackets :thumbsup: thank you to everyone who donated the raffle prizes.

I'm sure you'll all join me in saying a very special thank you to the gang of workers that made the event run smoothly, Vicky and Mark, Chris Brecon, Graham and Marie, Craig Lynch, Vanessa and mum Jeannie, and Dennis Cockram working down at the traps in the freezing cold, and the apple of my eye, our Hazel :thumbsup: :wub:

I hope you all enjoyed your racing as much as we enjoyed putting it on for you.

Geoff

Back