The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Highgate Bend Derby - 1st Feb 2009

:lol: Will be glad to leave Cornwall tomorrow, it's peeing down hear and very dark, :( no fun trying to load the van in this weather, :thumbsup: Di

The dogs have started getting excited now, they know we are going away. :D

Just had Dave Myers on the phone , the owner of Highgate, and he says that if this Derby is well attended, he will spomsor it again next year :thumbsup:

given frost for saturday night, i hope it dont freeze the track to much. ..anyone know if it is salted ?

Just had Dave Myers on the phone , the owner of Highgate, and he says that if this Derby is well attended, he will spomsor it again next year :thumbsup:
It'll be well attended Geoff everybody is looking forward to it :thumbsup:

just wondering the scratch public draw will the railers be only in the draw as it is really for the dogs that want the red. not to clever or safe if a o/s runner gets the red . not trying to be funny but could doggy ????????

If unseeded gets drawn first it gets red, if inside runner drawn second then first drawn shifts to blue and seeded gets red, if another inside seeded drawn third then inside runner drawn before it keeps red box, that dog gets blue and unseeded moves to white ;)

Getting excited now! Going to clean up my camera kit this afternoon so I'm ready for the action!

Oh and I'd better win best turned out cos I've dyed me hair especially! :D Trust me you won't miss me! (w00t)

Getting excited now! Going to clean up my camera kit this afternoon so I'm ready for the action!
Oh and I'd better win best turned out cos I've dyed me hair especially! :D Trust me you won't miss me! (w00t)
Please don't tell me it's green (w00t) :x

Stupid question time!!!!!!!

Does Highgate show the football on the big screen while the racing is on.

Newcastle V Sunderland tomorrow just wondering if they show it???????

If unseeded gets drawn first it gets red, if inside runner drawn second then first drawn shifts to blue and seeded gets red, if another inside seeded drawn third then inside runner drawn before it keeps red box, that dog gets blue and unseeded moves to white ;)

This is discimination against other dogs that dont seed ! If you draw for traps it should be the owners decision whether they change --or how can you call it a fair draw ? This is anything but fair ---drawing red trap--- and just because you dont seed you could end up on wide outside---- if you have four that are seeded in same race as yourself -----

this surely cant be called fair in anyones book ---------what is fair about that having to run futher ? Nothing i believe!

steve

This is discimination against other dogs that dont seed ! If you draw for traps it should be the owners decision whether they change --or how can you call it a fair draw ? This is anything but fair ---drawing red trap--- and just because you dont seed you could end up on wide outside---- if you have four that are seeded in same race as yourself -----

this surely cant be called fair in anyones book ---------what is fair about that having to run futher ? Nothing i believe!

steve
News to me when I've been at scratch draws whichever dog was drawn out first kept the red trap no matter what dog was drawn out next. What a load of rubbish :angry:

chris

Good Evening everyone just like to let you all know the track is in perfect running condition the current temperature is 2 degrees. The track has been salted just in case. Also a new trip has been made and the top bend has been extended like everyone wanted would like too wish everyone the best of luck for tomorrow and a safe journey to highgate. Both cafés will be open tomorrow for food and drinks. All the best

See you all soon

Daniel & James :)

Can't wait....... :luck: Good Luck everybody, hope everyone has a brilliant day and all the dogs come off sound

Back