The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Follow Your Heart

:)) I think am I right in saying the reason Keith decided not have a litter from Jill on her last season was due to nobody asking to go on the waiting list for a puppy. I can only assume that now Keith has homes lined up for the pups or will have by the time they are born :thumbsup:

We are having a litter from one of our bitches on her next season, and we have had a waiting list for the past 6 months now, with more enquiries about the puppies coming in every week. I think this is because of the excellent pedigree and breeding behind both dogs and that the sire has excelled in his field.

We have thoroughly vetted all these homes and know that our pups will only be given the very best. I am sure Keith will be just as stringent in his vetting procedure too.

I do think however, ppl struggle to find homes for pups when the parents aren't renowned in their particular field.

Keith, hope you don't mind me asking, why did you choose this particular dog for Jill?

Last edited by a moderator:
FOR GOD SAKE :rant: IF PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHY HE IS BREEDING FROM HIS DOG WHY DONT YOU FLAMING WELL ASK HIM AS RLS22 HAS DONE YOU COULD HAVE PMD HIM INSTEAD OF REPLYING ON THE BOARD I KNOW HE WOULD BE GLAD TO TELL YOU :thumbsup:

rls22 said:
I think am I right in saying the reason Keith decided not have a litter from Jill on her last season was due to nobody asking to go on the waiting list for a puppy.  I can only assume that now Keith has homes lined up for the pups or will have by the time they are born  :thumbsup:
We are having a litter from one of our bitches on her next season, and we have had a waiting list for the past 6 months now, with more enquiries about the puppies coming in every week.  I think this is because of the excellent pedigree and breeding behind both dogs and that the sire has excelled in his field. 

We have thoroughly vetted all these homes and know that our pups will only be given the very best.  I am sure Keith will be just as stringent in his vetting procedure too.

I would just like to make it clear i was not questioning keiths decision to breed Jill.My question was why is he any different to other people who will be just as stringent and carefull when breeding and homing pups.Also as Kris pointed out there are alot of whippets about at the moment.Now I love my whippet Grace very much and would really have loved pups from her,but she is not the best example of the breed and I thought that just because I wanted a MINI GRACE that was not a good enough reason to bring a whole litter of pups into the world.Best of luck with your pups :thumbsup:

I completely agree with you, I was just trying very hard to be diplomatic as I like you didn't want to be jumped on!! :(

affieluver said:
FOR GOD SAKE  :rant: IF PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHY HE IS BREEDING FROM HIS DOG WHY DONT YOU FLAMING WELL ASK HIM INSTEAD OF GETTING PERSONAL :(
As I clearly said this is not personal and I was not questioning why he was breeding her,my question was why is this any different to other people wanting a litter and them being criticised for doing so.At no point have I been obnoxious or rude about anyone.

i hope it happenes for you keithy, i know how sad you were when you cancelled last time :huggles:

:luck:

graciepup said:
Can someone please tell me why its ok for Keith to breed from his lovely dog Gill when if   anyone else says about breeding their whippet they get all sorts of abuse :- " Now this is nothing personal but it never ceases to amaze me how one rule for one and not for others.Gill is lovely im sure but what is so different from other posts when they want to breed their pet that they love dearly too??? :blink: Even if they have got homes lined up.I noticed that someone on another post said there were far too many whippets at the moment.Now im sure because I have dared to question Keith you will all give me what for.But its a shame people cant be more honest :( If anyone can explain why it is ok then I would like to know.This is a genuine question and not intended to upset anyone,im just curious.
As I was the first one to respond in a negative manner on a recent thread of a similar nature, I guess this response may be in part aimed at me.

I haven't responded negatively this time as I feel it's a bit different in Keith's case, as he has contacted Jill’s breeder and sought his advice about a suitable sire and breeding lines (if I remember correctly) so the breeder knows and approves of what Keith is doing and is offering his help. Keith has given this a lot more time and consideration.

I hope I've got my facts right and sorry to have caused any previous upset :oops: Sometimes when you feel strongly about something you have to voice your opinion.

i think the difference is that some people just have whippets to breed from .

with keith and no doubt other people , Jill is first and foremost a pet , he didnt come on here constantly asking about breeding like some recent people have , he has let jill have a wonderfull life and has decided to breed from her , with research and help from her breeder and the stud dog owner.

NOW I AM NOT SAYING that everyone who breeds a litter just for themselves is wrong , all im saying is that keith thinks more of Jill than a money making brood bitch :D

if people JUST come on here and talk about when they are breeding there dogs with no other interesting topic you ( well i do ) do think they are only in it for the puppies and prehaps making a bob or two , i know its not always the case and things do tend to get confusing as its just "written" so things can and do come across the wrong way .

im not having a dig at anyone and if i offend anyone then im sorry :huggles:

affieluver said:
FOR GOD SAKE  :rant: IF PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHY HE IS BREEDING FROM HIS DOG WHY DONT YOU FLAMING WELL ASK HIM AS RLS22 HAS DONE  YOU COULD HAVE PMD HIM INSTEAD OF REPLYING ON THE BOARD I KNOW HE WOULD BE GLAD TO TELL YOU :thumbsup:

i think youre a little confused here hun. :) noone is asking why he is breeding,he has already stated why.cos he wants to have another dog.what is being queried is why different people are treated differently when it comes to breeding.if you go back and read graciepups post youll see that. ;) tbh i think a lot of it is down to what they say and how they say it.if you just join a board and say ive got a 15 month old bitch and my 13 month old dog wont mate it what am i doing wrong? thats a whole different scene to someone who is a regular contributor on the board,people have got to have a feel for them and think they have the best interests of their dog at heart.of course all of this is perception and not proof that they are a good owner or breeder,its just what we perceive of them.also its got to do with WHY they want to breed.me personally i dont think 'just cos i can' is a good enough reason. :- " but im old fashioned and the world has changed a lot since we used to breed dogs.then breeding tended to be kept in the hands of the experts,most pet owners didnt have any intention of breeding and usually if they did then the breeder they bought their dog from would give them help and advice,AND THEY WOULD LISTEN TO IT :thumbsup: .nowadays everyones an instant expert and noone wants to listen to advice especially if its not what they want to hear.(this hasnt got anything to do with keith its just my view on things in general)i think also that a lot of the problems start cos of the pics on the site of beautiful, healthy, happy puppies that experienced breeders post as they are rightly proud of their babies but i think pet owners (when i say pet owners im talking about inexperienced people who have never bred a litter and im not using the term disparagingly)can see these and think wouldnt it be nice to have a litter from my bitch so the dye is cast so to speak.i dont breed whippets but if i did id be worried cos a top breeder isnt mating her dogs BECAUSE of the over breeding thats going on.its a wake up call :(

kris said:
affieluver said:
FOR GOD SAKE  :rant: IF PEOPLE WANT TO KNOW WHY HE IS BREEDING FROM HIS DOG WHY DONT YOU FLAMING WELL ASK HIM AS RLS22 HAS DONE  YOU COULD HAVE PMD HIM INSTEAD OF REPLYING ON THE BOARD I KNOW HE WOULD BE GLAD TO TELL YOU :thumbsup:

i think youre a little confused here hun. :) noone is asking why he is breeding,he has already stated why.cos he wants to have another dog.what is being queried is why different people are treated differently when it comes to breeding.if you go back and read graciepups post youll see that. ;) tbh i think a lot of it is down to what they say and how they say it.if you just join a board and say ive got a 15 month old bitch and my 13 month old dog wont mate it what am i doing wrong? thats a whole different scene to someone who is a regular contributor on the board,people have got to have a feel for them and think they have the best interests of their dog at heart.of course all of this is perception and not proof that they are a good owner or breeder,its just what we perceive of them.also its got to do with WHY they want to breed.me personally i dont think 'just cos i can' is a good enough reason. :- " but im old fashioned and the world has changed a lot since we used to breed dogs.then breeding tended to be kept in the hands of the experts,most pet owners didnt have any intention of breeding and usually if they did then the breeder they bought their dog from would give them help and advice,AND THEY WOULD LISTEN TO IT :thumbsup: .nowadays everyones an instant expert and noone wants to listen to advice especially if its not what they want to hear.(this hasnt got anything to do with keith its just my view on things in general)i think also that a lot of the problems start cos of the pics on the site of beautiful, healthy, happy puppies that experienced breeders post as they are rightly proud of their babies but i think pet owners (when i say pet owners im talking about inexperienced people who have never bred a litter and im not using the term disparagingly)can see these and think wouldnt it be nice to have a litter from my bitch so the dye is cast so to speak.i dont breed whippets but if i did id be worried cos a top breeder isnt mating her dogs BECAUSE of the over breeding thats going on.its a wake up call :(

MUST HAVE BEEN POSTING AT THE SAME TIME KRIS :p

GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE BUT I THINK YOU PUT IT ACCROSS BETTER THAN I DID :*

:cheers: Quite agree with you Kris . :cheers:

We do have the odd `poster` who only come on K9 to tell about litters due or arrived .

K9 is a discussion forum and even though they dont put `for sale ` on the post we get the general idea of why they are posting, when they never, hardly if ever join in any of the other threads. :rant:

I know our moderators do a good job of spotting these :cheers:

keith what a lovely thing to look forward to carnt wait to see whats going to happen next .... (w00t)

will you put a photo of the daddy to be on so I imagine what the babys will be like I am soooooo jellouis is it ok if I start working on the OH or is your list off new homes 4 miles long as I can imagine it to be :huggles:

sue

P.S. dont tell Jade there wont be living with her you no Jill is her no 1 wippy

midlanderkeith said:
And so i will, ive been wanting another whippet pup fer yonks, not just any whippet, but one of jills, im sure you can understand that, i dream of seing one of her pups run along side of mum, man i would be the proudest bloke, i will do my damn best to find homes for the pups, im sure i will, by my reckoning she's due in season this April, and i know fer a fact she'd be a fantastic mum.                        keith

Dearest Keith, I can't think of a better reason to breed from your gorgeous Jill than you wanting to have one of her babies, and see them running together. Anyone in their right mind can see how much you love her, and spend time with her. She has a wonderful life. No breeder, be it show or racing has any better a reason for breeding than you. You are a man after my own heart - you want one of her pups, the same as some people yearn to have grandchildren (not me :eek: ), but I did want my whippets babies :thumbsup: To breed because you are besotted with Jill is wonderful. I wish you all the best, and I have no doubt that you will have plenty of people queuing up for one of the lovely Jill's little darlings. Keep us updated.

Good luck Keith and Jill, I hope everything goes to plan for you this time :thumbsup: :luck: :thumbsup: :luck:

These babies will be gorgeous, with a very pretty Mum and a very handsome Dad :wub: :wub: :huggles: :huggles: :wub: :wub:

Oh, good luck keith !! Jill is just so beautiful and we all know you will take the greatest care of her. It will give you such joy and us too.

How I would love one of her pups but hubby says we have enough ... and we do ...but I can still dream . :) sighs......

Looking forward to seeing all the pictures !!! Good luck. :huggles:

June Jonigk said:
midlanderkeith said:
And so i will, ive been wanting another whippet pup fer yonks, not just any whippet, but one of jills, im sure you can understand that, i dream of seing one of her pups run along side of mum, man i would be the proudest bloke, i will do my damn best to find homes for the pups, im sure i will, by my reckoning she's due in season this April, and i know fer a fact she'd be a fantastic mum.                        keith

Dearest Keith, I can't think of a better reason to breed from your gorgeous Jill than you wanting to have one of her babies, and see them running together. Anyone in their right mind can see how much you love her, and spend time with her. She has a wonderful life. No breeder, be it show or racing has any better a reason for breeding than you. You are a man after my own heart - you want one of her pups, the same as some people yearn to have grandchildren (not me :eek: ), but I did want my whippets babies :thumbsup: To breed because you are besotted with Jill is wonderful. I wish you all the best, and I have no doubt that you will have plenty of people queuing up for one of the lovely Jill's little darlings. Keep us updated.

Goodnes me June, i read this post last neet afore i went to bed, and could i drop off, i lay there thinking of you with the most loveliest of thoughts, ive really taken to you i have, :huggles: will this turn out to be a brief encounter type of relationship, Trevor howard and Celia johnson :lol: very few peeps have walked into my life and managed to touch my heart (w00t) but you with the above post my dearest friend, you have touched my very soul :eek: :lol: :huggles:

LOVE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

rls22 said:
:)) I think am I right in saying the reason Keith decided not have a litter from Jill on her last season was due to nobody asking to go on the waiting list for a puppy.  I can only assume that now Keith has homes lined up for the pups or will have by the time they are born  :thumbsup:
We are having a litter from one of our bitches on her next season, and we have had a waiting list for the past 6 months now, with more enquiries about the puppies coming in every week.  I think this is because of the excellent pedigree and breeding behind both dogs and that the sire has excelled in his field. 

We have thoroughly vetted all these homes and know that our pups will only be given the very best.  I am sure Keith will be just as stringent in his vetting procedure too.

I do think however, ppl struggle to find homes for pups when the parents aren't renowned in their particular field. 

Keith, hope you don't mind me asking, why did you choose this particular dog for Jill?

Rachel, ask me anything you like my friend, the reason is simple, i went back to the breeder, and he suggested Ritchie, now can i ask you summat if you dont mind, why are you asking me :cheers:

keith x

I'm just interested in pedigrees etc. And also Ritchie is not a dog who I have seen shown very much

And we are currently going through this process even if it is 18 months ahead of us and was interested in your approach to it too :thumbsup:

It's not just a question that I have asked you, but others I know who are planning litters in the future

Flowerpot said:
Oh, good luck keith !! Jill is just so beautiful and we all know you will take the greatest care of her. It will give you such joy and us too.
How I would love one of her pups but hubby says we have enough ... and we do ...but I can still dream . :) sighs......

Looking forward to seeing all the pictures !!! Good luck. :huggles:

Oh I'm sure if you really want a puppy from your namesake, you can get round your husband - we women have our ways eh? :eek: Go fot it :D

Good luck Keith, :luck: :luck: hope it all works out well for you and Jill. Keep us posted :thumbsup:

Back