The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Follow Your Heart

GREAT NEWS !

I know you want to and were so disappointed last time.

Ella will be Aunty (1/2) to this little litter and I see Ritchie's daughter Daisy is the same colour as Ella, was her mum a brindle? will 2 fawns produce a brindle ? they might because Jill's dad was parti brindle

:luck: :luck: :luck: hope Jill doesn't keep you waiting this time :D

I thought Jill was a Collooney bitch but then when people said you'd gone back to the breeder and Russ had suggested Ritchie I got confused.

What's Jill's pedigree again?

I like Ritchie a lot - he's got a touch of that old style about him. Very classic.

Best of luck Keith. I am in favour because you've done all the right things and talked to the breeders and let them guide you with pedigree choices. They would not encourage you if they didn't think she was worthy of breeding from.

However it is true - I have seen others on this board shouted down because they wanted to breed from their beloved pet so that they could own a son or daughter, and told that that was not a good enough reason to breed. (Generally I would agree that that reason ALONE is not enough). But who's to say they also wouldn't be guided by people in the know, do all the right things before, during and after the bitch's pregnancy and also have a waiting list of buyers that they know or have carefully screened?

What I don't like is people who buy a pet, don't indicate they intend to breed at all, then go and breed a number of litters to any "whippet" they can find, they don't do research, they don't get a kennel name, they don't do all the necessary vet work or pay all the necessary dues and THEN they go and advertise the pups as PUREBREDS and sell them (to anyone - no screening done here) for the same price as the experienced breeders ask for theirs. OR, people same as just listed, who advertise the pups as PUREBRED and ask a bit less than the experienced, registered breeder and we can't sell our pups because we are being undercut by undesirables. :rant: Rant over. I'll get down off my soap box now.

aslan said:
I thought Jill was a Collooney bitch but then when people said you'd gone back to the breeder and Russ had suggested Ritchie I got confused.
What's Jill's pedigree again?

I like Ritchie a lot - he's got a touch of that old style about him.  Very classic.

Best of luck Keith.  I am in favour because you've done all the right things and talked to the breeders and let them guide you with pedigree choices.  They would not encourage you if they didn't think she was worthy of breeding from.

However it is true - I have seen others on this board shouted down because they wanted to breed from their beloved pet so that they could own a son or daughter, and told that that was not a good enough reason to breed.  (Generally I would agree that that reason ALONE is not enough).  But who's to say they also wouldn't be guided by people in the know, do all the right things before, during and after the bitch's pregnancy and also have a waiting list of buyers that they know or have carefully screened?

What I don't like is people who buy a pet, don't indicate they intend to breed at all, then go and breed a number of litters to any "whippet" they can find, they don't do research, they don't get a kennel name, they don't do all the necessary vet work or pay all the necessary dues and THEN they go and advertise the pups as PUREBREDS and sell them (to anyone - no screening done here) for the same price as the experienced breeders ask for theirs.  OR, people same as just listed, who advertise the pups as PUREBRED and ask a bit less than the experienced, registered breeder and we can't sell our pups because we are being undercut by undesirables.  :rant:   Rant over.  I'll get down off my soap box now.

Mummy n daddy of my looney collooney KNOCK ON WOOD my ickle sweetheart

Sire uk ch, Irish int ch collooney silver jigolo

Dam Hillsdown chic @ veredon

keith very proud and happy owner of my best friend jillypops

Ah! Now i'm with you! Thanks for that! :D

I love the breeding of this planned litter and look forward to seeing the puppies in due course.

Jenny

Last edited by a moderator:
good luck keith and jill. :luck: :luck: :luck:

looking forward to seeing the pups (w00t) :thumbsup:

good luck keith carnt think of a better reason and to me the best reason .should be a good match.look forward to the pics. :luck:

midlanderkeith said:
And so i will, ive been wanting another whippet pup fer yonks, not just any whippet, but one of jills, im sure you can understand that, i dream of seing one of her pups run along side of mum, man i would be the proudest bloke, i will do my damn best to find homes for the pups, im sure i will, by my reckoning she's due in season this April, and i know fer a fact she'd be a fantastic mum.                        keith

Well pleased at the response to my post, with yet another possitive enquiry this very day, for one of Jill's pups, a one off mating never to be repeated.

Back