The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Fireworks

sherry

Registered
Reaction score
dont know wot everyone elses dogs r like with fireworks but out of 5 i now have 2 thats terrified. @ the mo mickey whizz ( scared) is in his cage next to whisper whizz 4 company with a poratble tv on blasting. im in the living room with brandy kez and nikki, nikki9 is looking around every time one goes off then looking @ me the tv is blasting in here too. gud job im in a detached house now im practially deafened by the tellys but theres bloody fireworks going off in the back gardens ffs! it stops 4 about 10 mins then it starts again. i wish it wud pour down :rant: :rant: :rant: :(

We have a big field at the back of our house and they have a bonfire and fireworks going on, it doesn't seem to bother our two dogs, they are watching the football on the TV with Bill my husband.

By the way Manchester United are down 1.0 to Celtic.

Doreen

these may as well b in my garden they r that loud was like a bloody firwork display b4 its gone quiet now but prob 4 10 mins and it will start again :rant:

sadie here and gotta say my 4 dont mind one bit about the fireworks which is good really cos having kid's they love em haha Mums dogs dont mind either which is also good as we have just got in out the back from having fireworks haha

They have been going of all evening and i have three out of five that hate then , and l get no sleep and l am on nights tonight :rant:

its stopped :thumbsup: wonder if they heard me screaming ffs shut up lol :p

i'm ashamed to admitt that i have been swearing out of my kitchen window too... my poor bitch is barking with fear, poor thing....the only good thing is it's now pouring with rain... (w00t) There is a God!!! :- "

lol shay is enjoying them ..he's been looking out the window all night watching them go off :p

i have been lucky my 3 have been ok,slept through them

ours are not bothered, but sadie cannot settle pacing around will not settle beside you,shaking in fear.really stressed ,even this morning when she went out did nowt just wanted to get back home.only problem they will be going off until after the w/e :rant:

they will be going off till newyears eve,they should be taken off the shelves,and just put on at organised events,eli and abbey was frightened,sky was asleep flat out all night,,and the bangs seem to get louder each year,it was wistles and bangs till the early hours around here :rant:

sherry were u ever a kids? if u train a dog for loud noises when young u should have no trouble with them

Tillie, Izzie and the Bogtrotter :wub: were ok but Annie was terrified she is a big whimp at best of times would normally have sedated her but with her age and health probs didn't risk it just had to put up with a big 56lb lump sitting shaking on my lap :huggles:

got-the-cent said:
sherry were u ever a kids? if u train a dog for loud noises when young u should have no trouble with them
HOW CAN U TRAIN DOGS NOT TO BE SCARED OF FIREWORKS? THEY AINT SCARED OF TRAFFIC ETC JUST BLOODY FIREWORKS THATS IN THE GARDEN. WHEN I WAS A KID IT WAS 1 NIGHT ONLY NOT FROM OCT TILL BLOODY JAN! THANKFULLY ITS PEEING DOWN TODAY LOL :lol:

Fire works I hate them, Lady ok, Bob it was awfull never seem to bother him before, but this year a nightmare poor little boy, I had the tv full blast, felt awfull on the neighbours, but it helped Bob, next year think I will have him sedated.

Nic xxx

sherry said:
got-the-cent said:
HOW CAN U TRAIN DOGS NOT TO BE SCARED OF FIREWORKS? THEY AINT SCARED OF TRAFFIC ETC JUST BLOODY FIREWORKS THATS IN THE GARDEN. WHEN I WAS A KID IT WAS 1 NIGHT ONLY NOT FROM OCT TILL BLOODY JAN! THANKFULLY ITS PEEING DOWN TODAY LOL :lol:

:thumbsup: when i was a kid we couldnt afford them anyway was a right waste of money,and as you say we train our dog for noise carol,but we dont let crackers off,around them, :thumbsup:

i think theyre getting louder every year our benson was watching them go off thru the french doors on tuesday night but last night he was petrified. he had us up half the night im sure he kept waiting for more to start :(

i doz'nt bother poppy but diva the staffy was scared we had to put her upstairs out of the way of :( noise

:rant: just found out, some people on our estate were selling kids fireworks from their house :rant: flaming idiots were letting them off in the streets & one big one was set off 3 yards from our house :rant: :rant: :rant:

Ours just like to watch them out of window no fear at all in fact i encourage them to do so---they seem oblivious to them -------or maybe they are deaf lol

steve

Back