The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

East Midlands Team

huggybear

Registered
Reaction score
Just to let people in the east midlands know 3 teams have been entered for next sunday at old hall so everybody turn up for a good days racing .......your chairman :cheers:

huggybear said:
Just to let people in the east midlands know 3 teams have been entered for next sunday at old hall so everybody turn up for a good days racing .......your chairman  :cheers:
ok boss

Hoping to have a drive down to support our region :luck:

The teams are usually picked on the day,but we say to all the members please turn up as you will all get a run :)

To anyone that doesnt know the teams have been cancelled due to lack of teams so the old hall committee have decided to run an ABC race day in two weight groups up to 25 up the 35 over 165yrds if any none club dogs would like to join in they are more then welcome.

I know many of you will be camping and this would give you a race on the sunday if you wanted or watch with a cuppa

more details ring Barbara or Donna, numbers in the whippet news

Shame it wasn't on the bends, we'd have had two teams from our region alone. :(

what a shame was looking forward to the team racing is their any scratch racing on

dell said:
To anyone that doesnt know the teams have been cancelled due to lack of teams so the old hall committee have decided to run an ABC race day in two weight groups up to 25 up the 35 over 165yrds if any none club dogs would like to join in they are more then welcome.
I know many of you will be camping and this would give you a race on the sunday if you wanted  or watch with a cuppa

just a thought why not put all the dogs in draw the teams out that way

could be interesting also a bit of fun

seen dafter ideas on k9 :D

That does sound like fun Stuart, what a way to get whippet racers supporting each other and cheering each others dogs on.

Some would complain about dogs on their team not being very good, but that would just be unsporting.

Why not have a weekend of pure fun :D .

stuart worcs said:
dell said:
I know many of you will be camping and this would give you a race on the sunday if you wanted  or watch with a cuppa

just a thought why not put all the dogs in draw the teams out that way

could be interesting also a bit of fun

seen dafter ideas on k9 :D

thats exactly wot i was thinking! :eek: then u cud have team a team b etc and all different regions cud b in one team i reckon it wud ba lot of fun :D

Vicky said:
Shame it wasn't on the bends, we'd have had two teams from our region alone. :(

i know it very short notice but could we not put a team bend event on at wessy --

strike whilst the iron is hot--i would supply a trophy for the winners ---

steve

its a very good idea we can see what and how many dogs turn up on the day and make a it team day.

old hall welcome for ideas :thumbsup:

If people cannot turn out at old hall (eastmidlands} who were going to enter 3 teams why should it be anybetter on the bends at wessy with there two teams there is less bend dogs to choose from for team racing ????? :oops: :oops: ,,,neil

huggybear said:
If people cannot turn out at old hall (eastmidlands} who were going to enter 3 teams why should it be anybetter on the bends at wessy with there two teams there is less bend dogs to choose from for team racing  ????? :oops:   :oops: ,,,neil

last year we did enter a team on the straights. i think what steve is trying to say that this year it should have been on the bends :rant: we even offerd to pay for the track. our region start back on the bends this week to get ready for the forth coming opens,thus most people didnt want to switch their dogs back and forth :cheers:

huggybear said:
If people cannot turn out at old hall (eastmidlands} who were going to enter 3 teams why should it be anybetter on the bends at wessy with there two teams there is less bend dogs to choose from for team racing  ????? :oops:   :oops: ,,,neil

My eyesight is failing i know but i have read my post numerious times and can not see any references to it being better ---???????or implicating such a view.

but what i will add no one has yet explained why or who decided the reason it was changed from the bend to straight in the first place ---maybe someone in the know could enlighten me as to why and how?????? i would really appreciate an answer == :oops: :oops:

steve

I thought it was a shame it had been changed :( I know there's not as many who bend race,but think bend season being so short,and not so many meetings,more chance of people who run the bends attending. :thumbsup:

My opinion on this matter is the regional teams have been a waste of time it was alot better atmosphere when it was the CLUB teams plus im sure there were more teams entered and before you all have a go saying well our club didnt have enough dogs for a team alot of clubs had the odd dogs missing it didnt stop them from having ago its all for fun anyway!!! I know a few people liked to have a team with all there OWN club dogs as its nice to stick with the dogs you run week in and week out with instead of running agaist each other your all running to gain the same thing....as a TEAM...!

Another question i got is how come the teams have changed from 11 per team to 13 per team has this been voted in?? i just cant seem to think ive seen anything...!

I myself didnt mind whether it was on the bends or the straights but with regional teams you're not sure who was going to turn up and if you were or were not going

to be running in the team event at least with the club teams your club members had picked out the dogs before hand and you had spare dogs incase anything happened etc.

Sadie

Bloody hell Sadie your turning into me - replying with an essay, and guess what i think i agree, how about that for a change :p :p

Think your right Sadie!!

I used to be part of a club and region that could not get enough dogs to have a tea in this event, however we used to go as a spare dog anyway just to be part of the atmosphere!

Thnk it should be about fun and team ethos, and personally i think this is stronger coming from clubs than it is reqions! It also means that you dont have to have a flying machine to be involved! Encouraging ppl and dogs to feel part of a great days racing, cheering on dogs from your club whether they win or loose!

I dont recall the club teams ever having to be cancelled? I recall the format being changed to enable smaller regins the chance to compete, however it does not appear teams are being entered from these regions anyway so maybe the format needs to be reverted to how it used to be?

Back