The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

East Midlands Team

sadieandco said:
My opinion on this matter is the regional teams have been a waste of time it was alot better atmosphere when it was the CLUB teams plus im sure there were more teams entered and before you all have a go saying well our club didnt have enough dogs for a team alot of clubs had the odd dogs missing it didnt stop them from having ago its all for fun anyway!!! I know a few people liked to have a team with all there OWN club dogs as its nice to stick with the dogs you run week in and week out with instead of running agaist each other your all running to gain the same thing....as a TEAM...!Another question i got is how come the teams have changed from 11 per team to 13 per team has this been voted in?? i just cant seem to think ive seen anything...!

I myself didnt mind whether it was on the bends or the straights but with regional teams you're not sure who was going to turn up and if you were or were not going

to be running in the team event at least with the club teams your club members had picked out the dogs before hand and you had spare dogs incase anything happened etc.

Sadie

:thumbsup: great ider perfect :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

sadieandco said:
My opinion on this matter is the regional teams have been a waste of time it was alot better atmosphere when it was the CLUB teams plus im sure there were more teams entered and before you all have a go saying well our club didnt have enough dogs for a team alot of clubs had the odd dogs missing it didnt stop them from having ago its all for fun anyway!!! I know a few people liked to have a team with all there OWN club dogs as its nice to stick with the dogs you run week in and week out with instead of running agaist each other your all running to gain the same thing....as a TEAM...!Another question i got is how come the teams have changed from 11 per team to 13 per team has this been voted in?? i just cant seem to think ive seen anything...!

I myself didnt mind whether it was on the bends or the straights but with regional teams you're not sure who was going to turn up and if you were or were not going

to be running in the team event at least with the club teams your club members had picked out the dogs before hand and you had spare dogs incase anything happened etc.

Sadie

Whilst i would agree with much of what you have written i dont think that one year is a fair judgement on the formation of teams--ie Club/Region

as far as i can remember those who ran last year enjoyed every minute of the racing

i dont remember where it was altered to say that clubs could not run there own teams as before that was surely up to the region ---

even be picked at club level

great if you have plenty to choose from but alas we dont---

but we still pay as much per member as anyone else into the organisation--therefore have rights

even though quite a few regions with plenty of dogs  /(Clubs) never took part it did not detract from seeing some great racing

maybe  some stayed away just in the hope they could have it reverted back to clubs  /

Bearing in mind that this year should have been bends voted on through the correct procedure  how can we now give a fair assesment ?whether it would have attracted more teams from regions?

Who altered it from 11 to 13 was most likely to be the same ones who altered it from bends to straight--

if common sense had been allowed in the first place it would not have needed changing from club to region ---

ie letting clubs within the same region with very few members to join as one in order to make up a team or even two---

with the ---------big/little vet ect---make up of teams

not all regions have lots of clubs and even then less now have lots of members running at those same clubs ---

steve

The way i look at it, even if it's regional teams there was nothing stopping the likes of Manton who i presume have enough dogs to make a team putting in a sub team of East Midlands "East Midlands - Manton". The same as if we had enough straight dogs to run a team, we could have had North West - Lancaster or A & T, rather than North West A/B/C.

it was voted on two years ago to alternate between bend and straight it was changed last year and this year back to straight without any communication with the reps as far as I am aware any how

at the last proposal meeting it was suggested as some small clubs were unable to field a full team but had club members willing to take part but couldn't as they were registered in the region through a sister club that they be allowed to run for any club within their region instead of having to enter the spare dogs when they could have filled in for the club

the 13 classes were to accommodate the 3 scratch classes instead of just a no limit scratch class

whatever the reason the top table had for changing from bend as voted in by the majority of members in a postal ballot should not have been done without at the very least informing the regional reps

I would think if there was a valid reason to have to change the date should have also been changed and put earlier as this date was agreed for a bend team event

weathergirls said:
it was voted on two years ago to alternate between bend and straight  it was changed last year and this year back to straight without any communication  with the reps as far as I am aware any howat the last proposal meeting it was suggested as some small clubs were unable to field a full team but had club members willing to take part but couldn't as they were registered in the region through a sister club  that they be allowed to run for any club within their region instead of having to enter the spare dogs when they could have filled in for the club

the 13 classes were to accommodate the 3 scratch classes instead of just a no limit scratch class

whatever the reason the top table had for changing from bend as voted in by the majority of members in a postal ballot should not have been done without at the very least informing the regional reps

I would think if there was a valid reason to have to change the date should have also been changed and put earlier as this date was agreed for a bend team event

Thankyou for that reply Linda

i knew you could be rellied upon to gives us all some sort of explanation as to how and why!!!

if your version of events is correct and no consultation was sought with regional reps why bother even having reps??

i bet they feel undervalued enough without being ignored to boot----

it would seem they are all wanting to be like Maurice and ignore any rules that dont fit in with what they want---

high time things were done by the correct procedure then every one would be happier i am sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plus there would be a lot less falling out if all sang from the official hym sheet as it is written----

steve o:)

Ok this is sadie again just on kims name....as for you saying there was nothing stopping us putting a team in manton did enquire with the region and were told as it was regional teams the team would be picked by the region committee thats why alot of the manton dogs didnt go altho the odd dog was picked from those who did go...Maybe thats an idea for the future clubs can enter a team as vicky said ie manton-east mids etc.

Just as i said before its nice to run as a team with the dogs you run week in and week out not against each other.

BUt yes i understand that some clubs dont have enough dogs but i think this event needs abit of fine tuning so all clubs/regions would be happy (w00t)

sadie

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the whole point of the teams was to make a fun days racing, why does it have to be either regional or clubs??? I know in Scotland we would prob only be able to make a team with both clubs pulling together, however this year due to the fact we dont have 3 scratch dogs we were unable to do this. Hopefully next year tho. but all im saying is as long as you have a group of enough dogs willing to run under the same team should it really matter? its only a bit of fun in the end. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

In the original club teams, there were three timed dogs (no need for flying machines) and this allowed the less gifted club dog to compete for their club team, also the spare dog racing was for those club dogs not making the team not for some R/ch to turn up on the day not having a team and beating the hell out of the club dogs, like they have in recent years.

Club teams was in my opinion the best days racing of the year

stormy weathers said:
I think the whole point of the teams was to make a fun days racing, why does it have to be either regional or clubs??? I know in Scotland we would prob only be able to make a team with both clubs pulling together, however this year due to the fact we dont have 3 scratch dogs we were unable to do this. Hopefully next year tho. but all im saying is as long as you have a group of enough dogs willing to run under the same team should it really matter? its only a bit of fun in the end.  :thumbsup:   :thumbsup:
Good point - maybe it should just be "Teams" doesn't really matter how they are made up, some owners could have their own :lol: We're not far off :lol:

Back