The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dylan

:D Good luck with your husband Gillymutt :luck:

Ive met Dylan hes a supper little boy :huggles: Hope you can have him.

Tina Of Windsdream said:

Please please dont eat him though will you :unsure: :lol:

(w00t) Looks good enough to eat doesn't he?! Am smitten and have fingers crossed tightly - watch this space.

gillymutt said:
(w00t) Looks good enough to eat doesn't he?!  Am smitten and have fingers crossed tightly - watch this space.
Good Luck Gillymutt :luck: I hope you can persuade your OH to let you have him, he looks a lovely boy :huggles:

Janimal said:
Tina Of Windsdream said:

Please please dont eat him though will you :unsure: :lol:

:oops: (w00t) Ive been on here a while now you should all know I CANT SPELL :lol:

In the end you can see what im trying to say (w00t) :D

better be quick - my youngest is sitting with me and he is telling me that we can definately squeeze in such a lovely looking dog into our house! like 4 isn't enough!!

Ooooo fingers crossed ! :luck:

Let's hope Gillymutt or someone else has some good news soon for cute little Dylan

Seems like there is a lot of interest in Dylan :thumbsup: Its nice to know there are such lovely people out there and he's going to end up in a wonderful home.

Here is a pic of his overshot mouth, it's such a shame :(

Any news Gillimutt :luck: How could your husband resist such a handsome wee chap :wub:

Just to say Dylan is still looking for a new home.............. sadly Gillimutt OH stills wants an older rescue. Hope you find your new whippet soon Gill. :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Shame it didn't work out with Gillimutt but me thinks Dylan won't be looking fro aloving home for very long - he is a real smasher!

What a lovely boy dylan is :wub: Hope he soon gets a fantastic home :luck: :thumbsup:

I don't know about whippets,but i've seen gsd's who are overshot at 6 months,but have corrected themselves by 12 months old.

Aww shame it didnt work out with Gillimut - never mind - :(

wish I could have him - hes lovely. :wub: :wub: Good luck Dylan :luck:

:oops: Didn't notice the age written in the title :b

I would actually give him a bit longer if you can Wendy - especially if you like him a lot in other respects.

I've found that in many whippets the lower jaw grows so much more slowly than the top one and I've seen a number of pups overshot at 6 mths to be correct by 8 or 10mths.

Rampage, the first dog I gave my mother was like this although it's hard to remember now at what age he came right. But I do remember her ringing me all the time saying "this dog's overshot Lana" and me saying "give him more time mum" and one day, almost miraculously to my mother, he had a beautiful bite. I found it happened a lot in that particular line - it was just the way they grew but every one that happened like this always ended up correct and I was never worried when someone said this pup is overshot.

aslan said:
:oops:   Didn't notice the age written in the title :b
I would actually give him a bit longer if you can Wendy - especially if you like him a lot in other respects.

I've found that in many whippets the lower jaw grows so much more slowly than the top one and I've seen a number of pups overshot at 6 mths to be correct by 8 or 10mths.

Rampage, the first dog I gave my mother was like this although it's hard to remember now at what age he came right.  But I do remember her ringing me all the time saying "this dog's overshot Lana" and me saying "give him more time mum" and one day, almost miraculously to my mother, he had a beautiful  bite.  I found it happened a lot in that particular line - it was just the way they grew but every one that happened like this always ended up correct and I was never worried when someone said this pup is overshot.

Yes Lana I have toyed with giving it longer but then thought what if it does come right, he does well in shows and someone wanted to use him at stud ! Is this just one of those things or something in a certain line to be avoided. It does worry me.

I have another K9er coming to see him tomorrow, quite a journey, but I have my fingers crossed all goes well. If not I'll think again then. :thumbsup:

Best of luck with Dylan, he looks a really nice young dog.

I think you are doing the right thing, as you say if hes used at stud how will owners be sure things will be right, and if they are not you will only get a lot of grief about it.

so would he be able to go to someone who wanted to show him but would promise never to breed from him?

Not that I am offering :- " , I do think he is such a nice looking dog and my kids have been asking me to check if he has a home yet but I have told them straight that its not the right time and that we do have 4 dogs already!!!

It just I never knew that they're bite could keep changing, just assumed that it basically stayed proportionate, if you know what I mean? :wacko:

Anyway, best of luck for tomorrow :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
doris said:
so would he be able to go to someone who wanted to show him but would promise never to breed from him?
If it did correct itself, there would be nothing to stop him being shown, well even with a overshot mouth you could still show him but its a big fault !

Not that I am offering :- " , I do think he is such a nice looking dog and my kids have been asking me to check if he has a home yet but I have told them straight that its not the right time and that we do have 4 dogs already!!!

It just I never knew that they're bite could keep changing, just assumed that it basically stayed proportionate, if you know what I mean? :wacko:

After attending a few canine conformation seminars, we have learnt that the last bone to stop growing in a dog is the lower jaw, but this usually only shows itself as a lack of underjaw at an early stage.

Anyway, best of luck for tomorrow :luck:

I'll let you know how it goes ;) :- " :thumbsup: :D

Back