The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dylan

So , If it came right , you showed him and he won , and people want to use him at stud . (w00t) You can say NO , Wendy . :huggles: :- " Still . its up to you :thumbsup:

;) Mmmmmmmmmm ! might just have to do that Jax :thumbsup:

It was lovely to meet the K9er who travelled 3 hours to see him today but sadly the family decided he wasn't quite what they wanted. But I think Dylan enjoyed their visit and had a great time playing with their other whippet :thumbsup:

Hope you find the whippet pup you are looking for soon :)

Millie said:
;)   Mmmmmmmmmm ! might just have to do that Jax  :thumbsup:
It was lovely to meet the K9er who travelled 3 hours to see him today but sadly the family decided he wasn't quite what they wanted. But I think Dylan enjoyed their visit and had a great time playing with their other whippet  :thumbsup:

Hope you find the whippet pup you are looking for soon  :)

:( Aah, Wendy, thanks so much for your time today, and for your kind understanding upon our decision. Dylan is so sweet, and we couldn't fault him on anything in particular, just couldn't agree as a family that he was 100% for us....and as we all said, it's got to feel right (or 'click' I suppose) for all concerned when you're entering into a long commitment like this. I've no doubt that he will make someone (or, indeed, you!) a wonderful pet bless him, it was lovely to meet you and your gang, and hope there are no hard feelings :) Heidi

Last edited by a moderator:
ponygirl said:
Millie said:
;)   Mmmmmmmmmm ! might just have to do that Jax  :thumbsup:
It was lovely to meet the K9er who travelled 3 hours to see him today but sadly the family decided he wasn't quite what they wanted. But I think Dylan enjoyed their visit and had a great time playing with their other whippet  :thumbsup:

Hope you find the whippet pup you are looking for soon  :)

:( Aah, Wendy, thanks so much for your time today, and for your kind understanding upon our decision. Dylan is so sweet, and we couldn't fault him on anything in particular, just couldn't agree as a family that he was 100% for us....and as we all said, it's got to feel right (or 'click' I suppose) for all concerned when you're entering into a long commitment like this. I've no doubt that he will make someone (or, indeed, you!) a wonderful pet bless him, it was lovely to meet you and your gang, and hope there are no hard feelings :) Heidi

No hard feelings Heidi :D It was lovely to meet you and your family.

:wub: hello im looking for an older hippet pup! maybe i can help you? is dylan good with other dogs? i live in waterloovile area near portsmouth hampshire where about do you live? im moving house soon and want a bitch/or dog whippet youngster! please contact me on deedeedairylea@hotmail.com thanks x

Millie said:
Sadly I'm looking for a pet home for Dylan, he's lovely in every way apart from an over shot mouth, where it's come from we can't work out.  :(  
So if any one hears of anyone looking for a cheeky blue brindle older pup, please tell them about Dylan.  :wub:

Here is a recent pic.

purdypinkcandyx said:
:wub: hello im looking for an older hippet pup! maybe i can help you? is dylan good with other dogs? i live in waterloovile area near portsmouth hampshire where about do you live? im moving house soon and want a bitch/or dog whippet youngster! please contact me on deedeedairylea@hotmail.com thanks x
Millie said:
Sadly I'm looking for a pet home for Dylan, he's lovely in every way apart from an over shot mouth, where it's come from we can't work out.  :(  
So if any one hears of anyone looking for a cheeky blue brindle older pup, please tell them about Dylan.  :wub:

Here is a recent pic.

:wacko:

gillymutt said:
Do hope that Dylan gets that well deserved home soon or that Wendy decides to keep him as the chances of his mouth becoming better in time are good (have spoken to a few people who are knowledgeable about this subject). I have good news about a rescue dog - we took on a Whippet x (Whippet/Borzoi) at the weekend that found us via the JR Whippet Rescue and the local Dog Warden. Fortunately Jack ( 11 months) came directly from another local family who couldn't keep him so hadn't experienced being in rescue kennels. No work had been done with him at all but he's a fast learner, now comes on call, sits, gives a paw, understands basic commands. He needs to learn to walk properly on lead and collar as he came with a harness! Tend to think he had a bad experience on collar and lead as I ended up carrying him home (ouch!) as he absolutely refused to walk the other evening. Fine again on harness so work to be done there. Has met other dogs and not too bad, loves people. All in all a pleasant surprise as expected the worst! Wendy, give the very handsome Dylan a hug, I'd have to keep him! (Jack isn't a blue brindle but quite handsome, predominately white with toffee patches, a "badger" face ((toffee/balckish with a white stripe) and a very interestingly marked tail, toffee from it's base ending in a "V" which is outlined in black and the rest white). Bye for now, will keep looking for posts re. Dylan.

Come on then Gillymutt, let's see some pics of Jack! He sounds lovely :)

Any more word on Dylan, Wendy??

He is so lovely :wub: seems a shame not to show him :(

Hopefully the right "Mum & Dad" will come along soon for him :thumbsup:

Took Dylan to the vet today because he doesn't stand four square on all four feet. A bit like when we are feeling lazy and lean on one foot instead of two. The vet pulled his leg this way and that way but cannot find anything wrong, no flinching, whinging etc. So the next course of action is to see the chyropractor (sp?) :thumbsup:

Still undecised if he'll stay or not. He's no trouble, well he chews a lot and loves pruning in the garden LOL but hay ! hes still a pup. He is also not the bravest soul, as the people on here that have met him will know, takes him about 20 min. to work out a new situation before he shows his true self, then he's all over you. :wub:

Pleased to hear you have got a nice rescue dog Gillymutt, you will have to post some pics for us all to see. :thumbsup:

Poor Dylan :( he's not having much joy at the moment is he??

Hope it's nothing to worry about :) at least it does'nt seem to be bothering him,so that's a blessing anyway :huggles:

Keep us posted about the chiropractor :thumbsup:

Maybe he's trying to tell you he does'nt want to go anywhere else to live :thumbsup: and wants to stay with his "Mum" :wub:

Back