The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Dog Front Leg Amputation

Arnies wound does look nice and tidy and I think once the hair grows you will be less upset by it :thumbsup:

I agree with others you should carry him upstairs to your room and get a good sleep tonight ;)

Thats incredible! I was a bit reluctant to look at first cos I dont do stitches very well :x but I was pleasantly suprised, its not half as bad as I was expecting :thumbsup: and Arnie certainly looks content. Hope you get a good sleep tonight :luck:

hi,can't believe how neat it looks :unsure: he looks happy enough :Di bet he is getting so spoilt and so he should :wub: :wub:

Aww thanks guys. It certainly helps put it into perspective when you get some other opinions. I think I was in shock for the first 2 days!

Well, my little guy seems to be getting back to himself. Decided that jumping up on the highchair wasn't too much trouble tonight! Was worth it as he managed to grab himself a treat! Talking of treats....we were told to keep his weight down but since we brought him home we haven't stopped giving him treats. I guess when he is healed we can start worrying about weight...right now I just want him to be happy.

I just got myself dragged up the garden after a fox (good job I was told to walk him on the lead!)...so I'm guessing he's starting to feel a little better.

Planning on carrying him up the stairs tonight so we can sleep on a proper bed, instead of trying to fight for space on the sofa...guess who won that one?!

Have a great weekend everyone.

x

Another day of good news here!!!

Well done Arnie and I hope you get a better night's sleep tonight, Sarah :thumbsup:

I'll be tuning in again for tomorrow's update :lol:

So glad to hear how much Arnie is improving and feeling more like himself. :thumbsup:

I hope you both had a better nights sleep.

I have to agree with everyone else - Arnies scar looks so much better than I was expecting ...... I was nervous looking as I'm a bit of a chicken with things like that but it looked so neat and tidy and not angry.

He is coming on leaps and bounds ...... just thinking this time last week he was still at the vets with his drains in ...... he is doing fabulous!!

Good morning all!

Well, guess who had a really great night's sleep last night???? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Apart from a wake up call at 3am I slept all night!!!

Arnie woke me up trying to get under the quilt (something he always did before). He struggled a little but we managed it in the end :)

He's feeling well enough to sit up on the sofa today...Mummy is so proud of him!

2009_0110Arnie100003.jpg

I saw you were replying Sarah, so I hung on for an update. Great to hear you both had a good nights sleep, and he is looking brilliant there on the sofa. Just inagine when all the pink and spotty bits have white hair back on them, he will look so much better :huggles: Hope he continues to improve daily, and will soon be running rings around you.

I once saw a clip on TV of a whippet with only 2 legs - it had lost the other two, and you wouldn't believe what that dog could do. I'll try and find it on Utube or somewhere later. It was amazing.

Have a good day you two :thumbsup:

Hiya Arnie !

lovely to see him up, he doesn't look fat for a staff, just muscley so I suppose he can afford to have a few treats. What's he like legging it after a fox in HIS garden ! good boy, seems very much like he's getting back to his old self, must be great having no pain in his bad leg.

Afternoon sarah so glad you had a good nights sleep ,Arnie is doing so well ,im proud of both of you :huggles: you have handled it all so well Sarah ,well done you :thumbsup:

Oh Bless him sat up there like Lord Muck!!

He's a handsome lad - So glad you slept and he's getting back into his old ways...I think a whippet under the Duvet is an inconvienience at times (w00t)

Oh Bless him sat up there like Lord Muck!!
He's a handsome lad - So glad you slept and he's getting back into his old ways...I think a whippet under the Duvet is an inconvienience at times (w00t)
oh believe me a staffie under the duvet is no picnic!!!! :)

He's doing much better as each day passes...I'm keeping it all crossed that he heals okay and gets his confidence back.

what a typical staffie pose, so glad he is getting back to normal, must be a great weight off your shoulders, and yes he is still scrumptious :wub:

Good morning all!Well, guess who had a really great night's sleep last night???? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Arnie woke me up trying to get under the quilt (something he always did before). He struggled a little but we managed it in the end :)

He's feeling well enough to sit up on the sofa today...Mummy is so proud of him!

2009_0110Arnie100003.jpg
ahhh bless him :wub: nice to see him looking so perky :thumbsup: Juliex

Looking so good, and just so huggable, well done you for coping and well done Arnie for just being you :thumbsup:

So, how has Arnie's day gone today, Sarah? :D

That picture of him sitting up on the sofa is just adorable!!

He is such a handsome lad :wub:

I expect you will be carrying him upstairs again tonight :-

I remember carrying Poacher up and down the stairs when she first

came to live with us last year. She had a broken hind leg and couldn't

put much weight on it. I carried on doing the stair trip and you can

imagine my surprise (and disgust, lol) when I caught her happily running

up and down the stairs one day without any problem at all (w00t)

Clever little blighters, aren't they!!!!! :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

Have a good evening :huggles:

Arnie has had a pretty good day I would say, apart from his nose dive when he squatted to do 'his business' (but I told him I wouldnt tell anyone, so shhhhhh!)

He has slept most of the day but has asked to go into the back garden 3 times!!!! Makes me feel better than having to coax him out there.

My son (17 months old) sat down next to Arnie tonight and started to stroke him right across his scar!!!!! My tummy flipped over but when I looked Arnie still had his eyes closed....so I guess it doesn't hurt him or he just knew that it was the thought that counted :)

And yes Jane I will be carrying him upstairs tonight and sleeping with him in the spare room. I'm getting concerned really because my Husband is really rather pleased that I'm sleeping in there and said he gets a better night without me! At least someone loves me! Right Arnie? :teehee:

Off to cuddle little man now.

Have a great night everyone.

S

x

What a fab pic of Arnie , so glad hes continuing to improve each day :thumbsup:

And well done you for being such a special lady and thinking of Arnie all through this eventful time

Hopefully now you can treat yourself to some T.L.C you deserve it

All the best x

Hope Arnie has had an even better day today, Sarah :thumbsup:

I'm away for 2 days now, but will catch up on his progress when I return.

Hugs for you both :huggles: :huggles:

Good morning all!Well, guess who had a really great night's sleep last night???? MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

2009_0110Arnie100003.jpg
ahhh bless him :wub: nice to see him looking so perky :thumbsup: Juliex
what a heart warming picture....he does look so much brighter... :thumbsup: long may it continue... :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back