The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Diet Thread

This is a great idea (w00t) think I'll do it as well :D

Ok started my diet 2 months ago :p I'm 5'6 and 11 stone :blink: I want to be 9 stone again :D My food intake has been almost the same daily since I started dieting :p 2 weetabix in the morning then at lunch time I have 3 rivitas with prawns and then for my dinner I have fresh fish normally smoked haddock :)

However I haven't lost a pound and I really can't understand why :( I am now thinking that I might have thyroid trouble :(

On a positive note I am going out running this evening so hopefully it'll start to shift soon :luck:

[SIZE=14pt]GET THAT DVD HUN THAT WILL SHIFT A FEW POUNDS ,I LOST 3 POUND IN THE FIRST WEEK WHEN I DIETED BEFORE USING THAT DVD , HAVE A WORKOUT IN THE MORNING AND JUST CUTTING DOWN ON WHAT I WAS EATING ,ITS BIT DIFFICULT FIRST FEW TIME BUT ONCE YOUVE BEEN DOING IT A WEEK OR TWO YOU LEARN THE ROUTINE ITS FAB :cheers: [/SIZE]

I think sticking to the same foods can stop wight loss....

made veggie soup.....D day starts tomorrow....need to loose a couple stone...but will concentrate on the first half a stone.....not telling anyone that I am trying to loose :- "

i use to to be so skinny....under weight at one time....had over active thyroid....lost loads.....got it sorted......now I have piled it on....don't have any of the symptoms for under active :oops:

Well, I'm gonna be keeping in touch with this thread 'cos as from next week, when I'm back at work, I shall be making my final effort to return to my original size 12 of around 10 years ago. I am only 5'2"ish but very broad so I suppose weighing around 10 stone would be thin for me. Can't believe that I used to weigh 7st12lbs when I was 18 ..... those were the days :b

I have an underactive thyroid and from the age of 35ish I have struggled to keep weight off. For a few years I managed to keep it under control by doing aerobic workouts at the gym 4 times a week for about an hour or more each time but then I moved further away and there are not enough hours in the day to do horses, dogs, job and gym :sweating: (w00t)

:lol: You'd think with the dogs and horses I wouldn't have a problem but you can't fight time :(

Anyway, we have a proper commercial treadmill here at home as well as a rowing machines and other stuff, so I'm gonna set it all up in the new stable shed and get going again :) I know I can't change shape without aerobic exercise and thyroxine so, coupled with a sensible eating plan, maybe I can lose the 2 stone which needs to go PDQ :thumbsup: :cheers:

GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE :luck: :luck: :luck:

PS ...... there's a programme on Ch 4 tonite called The 64 Stone Mum.

I can't imagine what this poor woman feels like but it will be an incentive to me so I'm gonna watch it :thumbsup:

:cheers: well done you two for giving it a go will look forward to you updates and progress :cheers:

well as for me ,so far today i have had one micro sausage and im just waiting for me tea which is slice of lamb carrots ,pease ,white cabbage ,brockily,pots and stuffing balls ,i know stuffing balls fattening but i usualy have 5 of them so im only having 2 tonight :- " and im eating way to late but iv been busy today and not had time to do it earlyer must try to do it earlyer tomoz :cheers: iv also been out for nice long walk with the dogs today 1hr 45mins hill walking :D

WELL I HAVE LOST 1 STONE 2LB IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS NOT THROUGH DIETING THROUGH HAVING A VERY ACTIVE PUP WHO SPENDS 2-3 HOURS A MORNING HAVING ME RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS

trac said:
WELL I HAVE LOST 1 STONE 2LB IN THE LAST 2 MONTHS NOT THROUGH DIETING THROUGH HAVING A VERY ACTIVE PUP WHO SPENDS 2-3 HOURS A MORNING HAVING ME RUNNING UP AND DOWN THE STAIRS
PMSL :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine do the same but they don't stay up there long!!! :thumbsup:

trac said:
Flipping heck tracey thats fab hun ,you all no what to do know go out and get yourself a pup a naughty one at that :lol:

nicky12 said:
trac said:
Flipping heck tracey thats fab hun ,you all no what to do know go out and get yourself a pup a naughty one at that :lol:
YES BUT ITS COME AT A COST NICKY 2 PAIRS OF SLIPPERS,3 PAIRS OF SAMANTHAS SHOES , ONE PAIR OF TRAINERS,NEW CARPET REQUIRED FOR THE LANDING,NEW WALLPAPER HE IS SO BLOODY QUICK :sweating: MIND YOU I CAN DO 0-20 IN SECONDS NOW :- "

trac said:
nicky12 said:
trac said:
YES BUT ITS COME AT A COST NICKY 2 PAIRS OF SLIPPERS,3 PAIRS OF SAMANTHAS SHOES , ONE PAIR OF TRAINERS,NEW CARPET REQUIRED FOR THE LANDING,NEW WALLPAPER HE IS SO BLOODY QUICK :sweating: MIND YOU I CAN DO 0-20 IN SECONDS NOW :- "

i bet running up and down them stairs to run lees bath keeps you fit to :- "

nicky12 said:
trac said:
nicky12 said:
trac said:

NO I USUALLY STAY UPSTAIRS WHEN RUNNING LEES BATH :- "

trac said:
nicky12 said:
trac said:
nicky12 said:
trac said:

:lol: :lol: mucky mare :p

nicky12 said:
trac said:
nicky12 said:
trac said:
nicky12 said:
trac said:

:lol: :lol: mucky mare :p
IT USES A LOT OF CALORIES UP RUNNING THE BATH NICKY :p

Where did you get that DVD from please Nicky?

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited by a moderator:
nicky12 said:
Jacquie said:
Where did you get that DVD from please Nicky?
IV ordered mine from asda online but iv just had a look now and cant find it so not shure if they have sold out now but its a popular dvd try amazon or ebay :)here ya go ...http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ministry-Sound-Ult...99305801&sr=8-8

just make shure its the 2004 vwesion thers few on ebay to here ya go ...

http://search.ebay.co.uk/search/search.dll...up+fitness+dvd+

Thanks for that I'll have a look :thumbsup:

I would love to go back to my old weight(8 stone)but its so dam hard :(

ive decided not to weigh myself anymore, i will never weigh the same as i did before i had the 3 kids and im not 21 anymore :(

I have a pair of jeans which i love i feel nice in them, so if they start getting abit tight i will know i have to stop pigging out and watch what i eat.........i think we can get a bit obsessive about the scales, and your weight goes up and down depending what time of the month is it anyway :thumbsup:

FOR ONCE I AGREE WITH OUR HELEN...IF MY JEANS ARE TIGHT THEN I KNOW TO LOSE A BIT...I USED TO BE SO OBSESSIVE WHAT THE SCALES SAID THAT IF IT WASNT WHAT I WANTED TO SEE THEN I WOULD BE SO FED UP...IT GOT SO BAD ONCE I WENT DOWN TO SEVEN STONE AND I LOOKED DREADFUL,EVERYONE THOUGHT I WAS ILL...NOT A GOOD LOOK..IF I FEEL GOOD IN MYSELF THEN IT SHOWS ON THE OUTSIDE,REGARDLESS OF WHAT THE SCALES SAY...GOOD LUCK NICKY....YOU HAVE DONE SO WELL WITH GIVING UP THE SMOKES AND NOW LOSING WEIGHT...PROUD OF YA LUVVER!!

Back