The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Diet Thread

nick brekky will kicktstart your metabolism into gear...even if it is a slice of toast....it will help my luvly....fill up on veggies too with your meal.....it will raise the farting stakes but hey who cares if it works :teehee: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

the detox is roughly as follows

no salt, sugar, alcohol, mushrooms, tomatoes, yeast, processed food of any description, caffeine, dairy (cow stuff, goat and sheep is fine), white flour

and every day you must have

lemon juice with honey n hot water to start the day

short grained brown rice

the stuff you can eat is fish, goats/sheeps cheese

vegetables (mountains of them!)

fruit (any except oranges)

theres other stuff to do, including epsom salts baths, dry skin brushing

(its the Jane Skrivener book, if anyone else has done it)

i just can't bring myself to do the cold shower bit!

Oh, and excercise - but with 2 whippets to walk, that bit isn't difficult!

It's a really good way of getting the c**p out of your body - and whether you believe in detox or not, its a good well rounded eating plan - no faddy stupid 'live on grapefruit for a month b*****ks!

I do it because it gets me off the 'baddies' cold turkey - much easier for me to get my will power going this way :thumbsup:

Oh, and breakfast Nicky - I can't do it either. I need to be up a good few hours before I can eat so i take 5 pieces of fruit to work with me every day and eat 2 at 11 O'clock - this is just enough to get my metabolism going without making me feel all wrong for eating so early in the day

urchin said:
Oh, and breakfast Nicky - I can't do it either. I need to be up a good few hours before I can eat so i take 5 pieces of fruit to work with me every day and eat 2 at 11 O'clock - this is just enough to get my metabolism going without making me feel all wrong for eating so early in the day
thanks for the info hun ,realy apprieciated :cheers:

I'm a snack monster too so I keep things like chopped raw peppers, carrots, cucumber, cherry tomatoes etc in the fridge and the same with fruit depending on if I need a savoury or sweet fix! That said this must be the first year I've started without a diet, the divorce diet has done it for me, 5' 10" tall and now weighing 9stone 6lbs!! (not been that weight since I was a teenager!!)

Good luck :)

One of my New Years Resolutions is to lose the half stone that's crept on over the last few months. The support from everyone else will help me stick to it.

Years ago I reached just over 11stone (w00t) I'm 5ft 2" so Waaayyy too heavy.

I managed to get down to 8 and a half stone & kept it at that for years but I weighed myself this morning & I'm dead on 9 stone.

My other res is to cut down my alcohol intake :- " so I'm hoping that I won't need to actually diet. Just the reduced wine consumption should account for hundreds of calories less.

Anyway, Good Luck to all the dieters. Do we have a weekly weigh in :blink:

P.S. I'm going out tonight so this all starts tomorrow :cheers:

J.T. said:
One of my New Years Resolutions is to lose the half stone that's crept on over the last few months. The support from everyone else will help me stick to it.Years ago I reached just over 11stone (w00t)   I'm 5ft 2" so Waaayyy too heavy.

I managed to get down to 8 and a half stone & kept it at that for years but I weighed myself this morning & I'm dead on 9 stone.

My other res is to cut down my alcohol intake :- "  so I'm hoping that I won't need to actually diet. Just the reduced wine consumption should account for hundreds of calories less.

good on you look forward to seeing how well you do i was thinking of doing a weigh in every thursday ,iv also cut down to one sugar in my coffee hopefully cut it out alltogether :sweating:

nicky12 said:
J.T. said:
One of my New Years Resolutions is to lose the half stone that's crept on over the last few months. The support from everyone else will help me stick to it.Years ago I reached just over 11stone (w00t)   I'm 5ft 2" so Waaayyy too heavy.

My other res is to cut down my alcohol intake :- "  so I'm hoping that I won't need to actually diet. Just the reduced wine consumption should account for hundreds of calories less.

good on you look forward to seeing how well you do i was thinking of doing a weigh in every thursday ,iv also cut down to one sugar in my coffee hopefully cut it out alltogether :sweating:
HOPE YOU HAVE CUT OUT THE WINE AS WELL NICKY :thumbsup:

well iv cut down ,every little helps ,no seriously i dont drink an awfull lot anyway :p

hely said:
good luck to you all, i'd rather be fat and happy than live without these.......
tandooritimeslambvindaloo.jpg

kfc.gif

kebab-1.jpg

Chips.jpg

Chocolate.png

oh blimey, im starving now :wacko:

OOOOOOOHHHH tis diet day for me mora and right now, knowing I can't eat any of that after mora makes me want to get Ian to go out and buy the lot so I can make a right little piggy of myself now :lol:

nicky12 said:
AnnSa said:
I think your going to have to start having breakfast Nicky,every diet says you have to............im like you though, cant

face eating when i get up ;)

:x i never eat breakfast ann ,and i dont usualy eat till after 5 i can go all day and be fine but once iv had me tea thats it i dont stop picking all night :b

I am much the same.... as soon as I eat, that's it :wacko:

Dont believe in the weighing scale's im afraid.Ive tried that,and alway's got knocked back,every time i got on the thing's,to find that nothing had come off.Then i started the measuring tape thingy instead,and found this more encouraging.In the last 6 week's,ive put on 1st 6 lb.Have now started taking Poridge again,in the morning,(instead of a packet of gingernut's n tea n toast).as it's benifit's are numerous,and it sort's the old colesterol.Hopefully if the knee hold's,i will start cycling again,as i had to stop 7 week's ago,because of severe knee pain.With that,and 10 Co codimol disolver's a day,+other's,ive blown up.Wish everyone well in their quest for a lighter,more helthier 2008

[SIZE=14pt]HOW IS IT GOING NICKY??? TRY DRINKING GREEN TEA AS WELL...FOUR CUPS A DAY....SUPPOSED TO SPEED UP WEIGHT LOSS...GOOD LUCK LOVE...I AM STARTING TODAY TOO...PORKED OUT A BIT OVER THE XMAS.....[/SIZE]

sarahloveland said:
[SIZE=14pt]HOW IS IT GOING NICKY??? TRY DRINKING GREEN TEA AS WELL...FOUR CUPS A DAY....SUPPOSED TO SPEED UP WEIGHT LOSS...GOOD LUCK LOVE...I AM STARTING TODAY TOO...PORKED OUT A BIT OVER THE XMAS.....[/SIZE]
[SIZE=21pt][/SIZE]STICK A PICTURE OF THE MIGHTY BOOSH ON YOUR FRIDGE NICKY THAT SHOULD STOP YOU FROM WANTING ANYTHING

:- "

Hey think ill join ya all on this one! im 5ft 7 and weigh 11.2 stone, and im aiming to lose a stone which ive put on since quitting footy. I havent been on a diet before so its gonna be difficult. A tip i got from my mam was to eat boiled eggs in the morning cos they can keep ur full for quite a long time. Which fitness dvd did u get nicky? I hope fizz off corrie is bringin one out cos she has lost loadsa weight anyone noticed?

Ive just seen the other one of Corrie advertising her's, cant

think of her name though :b

nicky12 said:
Right as new year is nearly upon us and thers few that have said ther guna start a diet i thought it would be good to start a diet progress thread ,so we can all put our diet recipies  :sweating: not that im the best cook  :- " and our daily progress ,and help each other out ,so far my prperations are ordered a dance fitness dvd should be here anyday ,got lots of fresh fruit and veg yesterday and low fat food ,im going to start cooking a lot more and not eating after say 5 oclock in the evening im going to walk that extra half hour with the dogs ,and im going to allow myslef at least 2 treats a week (small ones) i dont mean pig out on take out  :- " i mean the odd packet of crisp or somthing ,so what have you all done to prepare for your diet and any tips youd like to share with me  :D OOO YEH JUST WEIGHT MYSELF AND IM 9ST 2BL AND IM 5FT :b   my goal is to loose at least a stone anything more is a bonus  :cheers:

so come trufully now whats your weight and whats your weight goal  :cheers:

I have a smoothie maker and use it a lot. It's great for when you feel peckish and it's still an hour or so before tea. Get some frozen rasberries, My favourite is Orange, Banana and a handful of frozen rasberries.. couple of spoons of fat free yogurt and some fruit juice, give it a whizz and away you go. This would be good for breakfast too if you can't manage to eat something. The kids like them too :thumbsup:

9st 2lb...Nicky..... In my Dreams :lol:

Tracey x

rach125 said:
Hey think ill join ya all on this one! im 5ft 7 and weigh 11.2 stone, and im aiming to lose a stone which ive put on since quitting footy.  I havent been on a diet before so its gonna be difficult. A tip i got from my mam was to eat boiled eggs in the morning cos they can keep ur full for quite a long time.  Which fitness dvd did u get nicky? I hope fizz off corrie is bringin one out cos she has lost loadsa weight anyone noticed?
HI rach ,welcome aboard hun ,iv ordered this fitness dvd as i had it before and i know its good and its fun to it has lots of dance tunes in it to to get you going (w00t)
fa70_1.jpg
ahh beau im only 5ft so 9st 2 is quiet a lot for me hun :b

Back