The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Cloud

Nice to see a man who knows his place how did you train him to obey you and are they ever to old to retrain. :- "

Hope Cloud makes a speedy recovery :luck:

:flowers: :luck: :huggles:

Kris. One day I was out walking my dogs. Ol'Rosie and Tess. Both were collie x's. Ol'Rosie in front of me jumped a fence and failed to clear it. There was barbed wire strung across the top of the wire fencing. To the right of where she jumped there was a plastic food sack obviously placed there by someone as a defense. She missed the sack and came down on a barb. She was hanging there in front of me. It's something that I'll never forget I was running towards her but didn't get there in time.

She pulled herself off and in doing so ripped the skin off from her groin and down to her stifle joint. I couldn't carry her and I was miles from our home. She had to walk back as when I tried to carry her I made her hurt worse.

Because of that I'm well wire paranoid. Then this happened.

I've also had a whippet de-glove after hitting a chicken house in my garden from just behind his shoulder to about 3"-4" down his body. The vet wouldn't stitch him that night. He had to spend the night with his skin ripped back in a 3" x 4" square before my vets would stitch him. In retrospect I should have gone to another vet.

Shit happens Kris. Don't go beating yourself up about what has happened. If someone says that it doesn't then it's only because it hasn't happened to them so far. We are ALL wise until it happens to us. Don't even go into defending yourself and your actions. You have done nothing to feel guilty about.

Hugs to you and Cloud. I know that you are in bits but he'll get over it.

BTW Mouse is very offended by your comments about fav blue whippet Rae. LOL!

poor, poor Cloud, :huggles: to him and yourself, Kirs

hope he's feeling a bit better every day, what an awful shock for you both, thankfully those kind people rescued him and spared you from seeing him like that, doesn't bear thinking about.

I'm sure he'll be in for tonnes of TLC when he gets home, get some yourself too :flowers:

thinkung of you both, lots of love Julie D

Theres no way in the world you should blame yourself . Whippets are a law unto themselves when they are after something , and its crueller to keep them on leads and never let them off IMO.

Heres hopeing Cloud makes a full recovery :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck: ,Whippets have amazing healing powers :cheers:

Poor Cloud. I would have been hysterical (w00t) .

Accidents do happen, and I think with the best will in the world we are all just standing on the edge of a deep precipice every time we walk out of the door with our dogs. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and I think Cloud was lucky, not unlucky.........He's still here to tell the tale and show off his battle scars :thumbsup:

mally said:
TERRIBLE THAT FOR THE DOG. I always make sure my dogs are trained to stay close by whilst they hunt as they can end up in the next county if not.It was a good job he was spotted by the motorist. I think he may have got off lightly he may have cleared the fence on another day and got run over.

I'm very sorry to say it kirs but it's not the dogs fault, just lets hope everything is ok and that he makes a full recovery. And next time keep him on a lead.

Surely it was an ACCIDENT so no one is to blame. Get well soon Cloud :luck:

Just caught up with this thread. Poor Cloud and poor Kirs. Hope you are both feeling a bit better today. :thumbsup:

Isn't it good to know there are still good samaritans out there who will not only stop to help a trapped animal, but go the extra mile and take it to a vet. I'm sure they were pleased he was able to be reunited with loving owners.

Big hugs to you both, and whippy kisses to Cloud from Polly and Twiggy. :huggles:

Kirs - so sorry to hear about Cloud's terrible accident :( :( - and so glad that he was lucky enough to be found by such kind people :thumbsup:

- the thought of him maybe staying out overnight in this freezing weather stuck on barbed wire - well it doesn't bear thinking about. :(

As others have said, he has been really lucky and I'm sure will bounce back from this quickly like they do. Best of luck :luck: :luck: for a speedy recovery - and as others have said, whippets were born to run, and however many precautions we all take, sometimes accidents just do happen. :(

:huggles: :huggles: to you and Cloud.

Get well soon Cloud! :huggles: Nothing will bring Alfie back if he's after a Rabbit, I remember once he shot off through some trees next to a country lane (60mph rat-run :eek: ). The longest five minutes of my life passed before he appeared about half a mile away trying to get through a barbed-wire fence! It's what Whippet's are born to do - don't blame yourself!

Last edited by a moderator:
just caught up with this thread.

what a nightmare it must had been for poor Cloud and yourself :( hope cloud recovers well :wub: :wub: lots of :huggles: :huggles:

my thoughts are with you Kris :wub: :huggles:

[SIZE=14pt]get well soon cloud [/SIZE] :wub: :wub:

:( Poor, poor lamb, thank god he was found, the alternative scenario doesn't bear thinking about does it. Hope you got yourself a good stiff drink and lots of whippy kisses off the others! Good to know you can fetch him home soon, that's where you want him, safe & sound :huggles:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh dear , just found this thread, poor poor Cloud, I do hope he is on the road to recovery by now. One of mine got caught like that on a barbed wire fence, when she was 12 too, I really thought she had given up this chasing business. Luckily I was in sight of her, but it seemed an eternity while I got across a ploughed field to get her while she hung there. How good of the people to stop and rescue Cloud. I am sure he will be up and running again before long, it is amazing how tough our whippets are.

I have just read your post - poor Cloud and poor you. I bet you can't wait to get him home for lots of TLC.

Sid has had a few "accidents" - though nothing like Cloud. His last mis-hap was loosing his footing on some banking, rolling down and landing on a broken vodka bottle which resulted in 11 stitches in his chest and a night in the vet hospital. I was frightened to let him off his lead after that - but he is a normal whippet and loves to run and get into mischief, I cant take that away from him.

Hope Cloud has a speedy recovery. : :wub:

poor Cloud :( i hope he heals well and doesn't need the graft,

most whippets nip off at some point but come back your poor lad couldn't because he wasn't able to, thank heavens he was spotted in time.

what happened to Cloud would be one of my worst nightmares,

my Oto diasapeared for an hour once after a hare that popped up in front of us and all sorts of things were going through my head at the time, had he been shot by a farmer/ run over on the road/injured/lost/ picked up by someone, when he finally did turn up i reacted like a releived, scared parent:. . .

1 :angry: wollop!!!!!

2 :* big hug and kiss,

3 :rant: "don't EVER frighten mummy like that again !!"

:luck: :huggles: good luck and gentle hugs for Cloud :huggles: :luck:

BeeJay said:
BTW Mouse is very offended by your comments about fav blue whippet Rae.  LOL!

:oops:

Sorry Mouse. :huggles: Mouse is very lovely Barbara (as are Jest, Woody, Bean, Whizz, Fern and Tally)

I have known and loved Cloud since he was 8 weeks old and we fondly referred to him as 'worm' as he was small and wriggly. he is such an affectionate dog - he would only sleep if he was perched on your shoulder...and it was just pointless trying to resist kissing his lips. :wub: :wub: I used to railroad Kirst into letting him stay with us on Saturday nights :huggles: -_-

Is there any news Kirst? Is he home and being spoiled yet?

(Imagine trying to keep a whippy puppy off the wound (w00t) )

SAD STORY. POOR CLOUD, AND YOU WORRYING LIKE MAD. GOOD THOSE PEOPLE STOPPED AND HELPED CLOUD OUT.

I AM THINKING OF CLOUD AND YOU. GOOD LUCK WITH INJURIES.

CHEERS KIM

:)

So sorry to hear of Clouds accident :(

:luck: :luck: :luck: For aspeedy recovery :luck: :luck: :luck:

Back