The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

China

wild whippies said:
Miss Madam said:
billyboy45 said:
wild whippies said:
Can I ask (out of curiosity) why where people using tripods? :blink:
Ionly used the tripod a couple of time's,as it was bloomin freezin,and i could'nt hold the camera steady.Niether could the bloke beside me,who was videoing.I was getting blured pix,and thought that the tripod would help.Wont matter anymore though,as i will not be taking anymore pix.

y should he not use a tripod?? :blink: we thought billy's pic's were brill & a lot of effort went into taking them :thumbsup:

Rose :)

Because Rose,

a) It's a potential hazard being on an open field with no barriers that the dog could run into it.

b) It can distract the dogs who WILL look and it will impede their performance, look for yourself, there is a dog racing amongst the photos posted that is looking directly at the camera lens. The only time I get this is when they're on the bends and I'm parallel with the lure at the time the shot's taken. (in other words they're looking at that)

c) There is no need for a tripod, end of!

Don't think I'm having a jib at any specific individual as I don't know which individuals had tripods (bar Billy who has replied that he was using one) All the photos are brilliant, and I more than most appreciate the efforts involved Rose. ;) But first and foremost, safety of the dogs should be paramount.

well i think the light aluminum tripod stand that billy was using 30 meters away from the finish line is a mild hazard compared to some things that be situated along the edge & at the end of tracks such as cars, & windbreakers with wooden shafts (which my own dog run into at the end of a race few years back breaking it in two & winding herself) & ive even seen scaffolding at the end of a track too :thumbsup: so i just think you r being a bit petty singleing out the use of tripods when there is alot more severe hazards that could be looked at :thumbsup:

Rose :)

Haven't been aware of other items being a potential hazard at tracks Rose, but if I'd of noticed them too, I would of commented on them also.

It doesn't matter what the hazard is, at 30+mph even an airbag will cause soft tissue damage on impact.

Billy and Me have had plenty of Private messages about cameras and such, this is just another tip to those taking photos, Billy knows I don't do 'personal sniping' so I'll overlook your personal remark about me being petty. :thumbsup:

sorry to spoil your day miss madam ....if you think back really really hard..you may remember the track was enclosed for dogs safety.the full length down... scaffolding was erected outside the track for camera work....i think your mum and dad may be able to confirm this :thumbsup: maybe its not our show your having pop at..but id hazard a guess it is. as for the windbreaker episode..yes your dog hit it ..arent you lucky it was there and not just a clear run to the lure machine :sweating: did you chose to run your dog knowing that there was a windbreaker to protect the lure driver and the dog already there ? or do you think somebody just stuck it in the ground as your dog was running in which case as a club we wouldnt have been very happy chappys :( :wacko: :wacko: ?

have a lovely day :thumbsup:

ps next time well make the poles outve aluminium tripod stands as they dont seem to be a hazard ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Ah seems there's other alterior motives going on here then? Last I'll post on this thread. :wacko:

Well done to all the winners and the organisers and thanks to those who shared their photos :thumbsup:

guss said:
well i take it sky came 3rd im happy with that first shes seen a lure since last year lol :D
sky was 2nd to zena in the first heat guss but was 4th in the final behind billys dog at the line by a length or so mate :thumbsup:

coatsy said:
guss said:
well i take it sky came 3rd im happy with that first shes seen a lure since last year lol :D
sky was 2nd to zena in the first heat guss but was 4th in the final behind billys dog at the line by a length or so mate :thumbsup:

thats if the black and white dog with the yellow neck band on was billys

mate :thumbsup:

Billy, me thinks you may need to invest in one of these;

mammoth_camera.jpg

billy-2.jpg

Stick with the one you've got Billy :thumbsup: I'm struggling with fast moving shots. Any advise would be very much appreciated :thumbsup:

milly said:
billy-2.jpg

Stick with the one you've got Billy :thumbsup: I'm struggling with fast moving shots. Any advise would be very much appreciated :thumbsup:

this was hubby and kids first time at one of these fairs and we enjoyed ourselves..we spoke to john(stormdog), who has asked us to go to some of the other fairs as long as we can find them. our children think you look like compo..billy pmsl

thats a compliment i think.

i thought you looked like harpo marx ! pmsl

Back