The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Changes For The Better???

sorted then karen / marie its got carols approval lol

the thing is years ago folks had open class dogs wich were good enough for opens big turnouts too .also club dogs wich also had great turnouts .but now everyone goes open racing as there are too few folks compared to even 10 year ago in the sport .....no one nowadays defines the the diference between open class and club level the only way i could see any improvement is in more folk joining the sport maybe we should make the best of what we got and hope it improves i think all ideas should be looked into carefully :thumbsup:
Think if we sit back and hope Gaz,whippet racing will die a death (yd a lb) The only thing thats growing is scratch racing,and I don't believe,thats just because greyhounds are being used regularly.Greyhounds have always been used,the difference being that we now cater for the bigger dogs where as before they were passed on to others outside of whippets for there relevant sports or work.I think if you was to ask big dog owners why they like scratch racing I think majority would answer because it's level break.First over the line,with no yardage given.Newcomers into the sport must find the handicapping a nightmare at first.Think this maiden racing would make it alot easier to understand,and a nice cushion to work off :thumbsup:
not as daft as you look are ya lol

the thing is years ago folks had open class dogs wich were good enough for opens big turnouts too .also club dogs wich also had great turnouts .but now everyone goes open racing as there are too few folks compared to even 10 year ago in the sport .....no one nowadays defines the the diference between open class and club level the only way i could see any improvement is in more folk joining the sport maybe we should make the best of what we got and hope it improves i think all ideas should be looked into carefully :thumbsup:
Think if we sit back and hope Gaz,whippet racing will die a death (yd a lb) The only thing thats growing is scratch racing,and I don't believe,thats just because greyhounds are being used regularly.Greyhounds have always been used,the difference being that we now cater for the bigger dogs where as before they were passed on to others outside of whippets for there relevant sports or work.I think if you was to ask big dog owners why they like scratch racing I think majority would answer because it's level break.First over the line,with no yardage given.Newcomers into the sport must find the handicapping a nightmare at first.Think this maiden racing would make it alot easier to understand,and a nice cushion to work off :thumbsup:
Don't you believe it lol

maybe im missing the point here we going to have pups yearlings vets time trails and maidens which with a bit of luck leave a few in the main event and then it be a great day of umpteen solos yes they be driving miles for it :sweating: its more members more dogs needed .i think if you mess you could do more damage than good.and imo less opens will make diff if people choose to travel or not they just go to local clubs or add opens to race

maybe im missing the point here we going to have pups yearlings vets time trails and maidens which with a bit of luck leave a few in the main event and then it be a great day of umpteen solos yes they be driving miles for it :sweating: its more members more dogs needed .i think if you mess you could do more damage than good.and imo less opens will make diff if people choose to travel or not they just go to local clubs or add opens to race
lol

Stop being so optimistic Chris :lol: and you wont have any if you forget the springs :- :lol:

lol i assume wot is meant is still have your normal open with adults/pups/vets/year/sc and your format wotever it may b on that day but also hold a maiden open alongside for those with dogs that havent ever won anything in an open. ( theres more of them than wot u think) this way everyone is catered for. jmo and im off to bed now lol :thumbsup:

lol i assume wot is meant is still have your normal open with adults/pups/vets/year/sc and your format wotever it may b on that day but also hold a maiden open alongside for those with dogs that havent ever won anything in an open. ( theres more of them than wot u think) this way everyone is catered for. jmo and im off to bed now lol :thumbsup:
night night carol lol

Stop being so optimistic Chris :lol: and you wont have any if you forget the springs :- :lol:
just testing there slipping hands out with when all opens cancelled we can go lurcher racing instead :clown: :clown: when all bored with one open a month lol in tim book too

dont start a pole on that Chris pmsl

you just woke up lol

you just woke up lol
It's a full moon lol

you just woke up lol
It's a full moon lol
pmsl twice

Back