The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bob Blatch Trophyexcitement And Pleasure Guarantee

lamping man said:
Good evening all lure coursers :thumbsup:   The weather forecast for later in the week is favourable and speaking to the land owner today,it transpires that in the area of Lincs(you've got it,lure coursing epicentre) there has not been as much rain as in other areas of that county. Bodes well for the weekend hey! :luck:
Now. IMPORTANT :eek:     Whipaway Winterblue is OUT, will not run. Its place on the card is taken by  LYNPERRY EAST WIND :)

Further VERY IMPORTANT. :blink:

Lynperry Wonder who in our first open this season was adjudged to be very slightly over size and therefore did not run has in fact been granted a WCRA passport, measures bang on 21 AND WILL RUN. As stated in the draw.

I am told that the owners of Lynperry Waterloo Boy have agreed to share his saddle with Archie(Lynperry Wonder). A very sporting gesture (w00t)

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. My own dogs are over weight and sluggish but they'll try their very best as whippets do. :thumbsup:   :cheers:

Sounds like the guy should be given some compensation.Had he not got a passport would this not have been lifted??? This should of never happened in the Greatest,Biggest and most spectacular Lure coursing event this century :clown: :clown: :clown:

[SIZE=21pt]imitation is the best form of flattery.roll on saturday [/SIZE].[SIZE=21pt]well worth the 140 miles journey[/SIZE][SIZE=21pt]each way[/SIZE]

Last edited by a moderator:
[SIZE=21pt]wonder why so many northern dogs go,if you want the best one must travel[/SIZE].

has in fact been granted a WCRA passport
Ok I wasn't going to get drawn into this sillyness but it seems there is a little confusion over sparkys dog.

Lynperry Wonder has not been granted a WRCA passport and his owner hasn't ever applied for 1.

I spoke with Sparky twice yesterday (morning/evening) and as he said he didn't mind if I posted to clear this matter up.

I did find it strange yesterday morning when I saw he had an entry in the draw for a dog which was measured over size the last time he took the time to travel to one of these events at the same club?.

and before anyone starts stating measurments I measured the dog at sparkys request at the Pennymeadow Cup thats how I know he won't have a passport (thats and having talked with his owner on the phone and not by sarcy PM's.).

Good morning everyone :thumbsup:

Now there's a turn up.

Clearly, further thought will need to be given to the Lynperry Wonder issue :eek:

I will pass previous comments to the people who will deal with this matter in the hope that a suitable way forward will be established.

I, for my part will post items that have been passed to me to inform those taking part. I will not have been involved in any discussions that take place prior to any announcements. I act in this way due to others not having the facility of e mail :thumbsup:

springfield said:
lamping man said:
Good evening all lure coursers :thumbsup:   The weather forecast for later in the week is favourable and speaking to the land owner today,it transpires that in the area of Lincs(you've got it,lure coursing epicentre) there has not been as much rain as in other areas of that county. Bodes well for the weekend hey! :luck:
Now. IMPORTANT :eek:     Whipaway Winterblue is OUT, will not run. Its place on the card is taken by  LYNPERRY EAST WIND :)

Further VERY IMPORTANT. :blink:

Lynperry Wonder who in our first open this season was adjudged to be very slightly over size and therefore did not run has in fact been granted a WCRA passport, measures bang on 21 AND WILL RUN. As stated in the draw.

I am told that the owners of Lynperry Waterloo Boy have agreed to share his saddle with Archie(Lynperry Wonder). A very sporting gesture (w00t)

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday. My own dogs are over weight and sluggish but they'll try their very best as whippets do. :thumbsup:    :cheers:

Sounds like the guy should be given some compensation.Had he not got a passport would this not have been lifted??? This should of never happened in the Greatest,Biggest and most spectacular Lure coursing event this century :clown: :clown: :clown:

:oops:

:Good luck to everyone this weekend. :luck:

Come on Kane - we're all 'rooting' for you (shrubbery reference :lol: )

I must say that SBSD was looking very fit last week - looking forward to seeing how he does too.

[SIZE=21pt]this sounds like a case of bringing the sport into disripute[/SIZE]

lets all kiss and make up.. its gettin a bit silly :huggles:

Greetings to all serious lure coursers and to those that aspire to that level :thumbsup:

Now. Important information to convey to the faithful :blink:

SATURDAY'S MEETING IS OFF.

THE 21ST RUNNING OF BOB BLATCH TROPHY WILL NOT TAKE PLACE ON 26 JAN 08

THIS MEETING WILL NOW TAKE PLACE ON SATURDAY 1 MARCH 2008

THE VENUE IS THE SAME.

THE DRAW WILL TAKE PLACE ON THE PRECEEDING SATURDAY viz 23 FEB 08

ANY PERSONS WISHING TO PULL THEIR DOGS WILL THEY PLEASE TELEPHONE BOB/ANDREA ON 01376 563592

IN THE ABSENCE OF SUCH CALLS, ALL DOGS THAT WERE IN THIS SATURDAY'S EVENT WILL BE IN THE DRAW ON 23 FEB WITH ONE EXCEPTION-

LYNPERRY WONDER WILL NOT BE IN THE DRAW.

The reason for the postponement this Saturday is that the ground is waterlogged

Any persons who would like to enter for this new date who could not make it for the postponed date please register your interest with Bob/Andrea or PM me.

:sweating: thank goodness for that , jessie will be outta season and now wont miss it :D

Back