The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Blue Whippets

Bedlingtonwoman

Registered
Reaction score
I have a blue whippet dog hes the first blue ive ever owned hes so layed back its untrue, well i always thought it was just peter's nature.

Well tonight a lady vet has brought her blue bitch over to mate to peter and this little bitch has the same laid back nature as peter.

Are all blue's laid back like this, i could have a house full of whippets like our peter if there all like this.

My little blue girl started off demonic and has settled nicely to just plain nuts (w00t)

my wish is to have a blue :wub:

Hi,

I have a blue. He came to us at 13 months old. He was boisterous when we got him but his only exercise was in the garden. He immediately calmed down once he came home with us and was given regular exercise.

I love blues. I think they must be my favourite whippet colour. :thumbsup:

I have had blues, dogs and bitches, since 1973! They do seem to have a different outlook on things, my two blacks were the same, laid back happy people.

Blue is my favourite colour obviously!!!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

My black is a naughtly little monkey!!

I'd love to have a blue too one day. :wub: :wub:

:lol: Sox is either asleep or doing her impression of a demented ninja whippet (w00t)

I'm convinced she is nocturnal too - she seems to come alive at about 10pm and runs riot for around 2 hours every night :sweating:

Irie (blue fawn) is my quietest, but then I suppose he has to be since he is surrounded by 3 girls :blink:

Jinny (black) :wub: :wub: is my most sensible whippie :D She helps me to control the rest of the gang :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
my 2 blues where crazy as pups but both have seem to have settled down nicely though noah the young one still goes crazy from time to time :p :huggles:

ive also found that out of all my dogs only the 2 blues suckle their beds/blankets most of their time resting :blink:

i LOVE blues - i have two and both are calm, sweet natured girls x

i just wish i could find another :- "

both my blue girls are very easy going and take everything in their stride :wub:

unlike the other 4 whippets that i own :lol:

Well I had a blue brindle first and he is laid back and quiet my blue 8 month old is a right fruit loop, complete head case.... so no the blue in this house isn't laid back, the brindle is :lol: :lol:

Best of luck with the mating :huggles:

Cornish said:
Well I had a blue brindle first and he is laid back and quiet my blue 8 month old is a right fruit loop, complete head case.... so no the blue in this house isn't laid back, the brindle is  :lol:   :lol:
Best of luck with the mating  :huggles:

I'm so glad you said that I was starting to think Daisy was the only one (w00t)

I'd still have another blue though :wub: maybe one of them laid back ones

I have a blue boy. He is very laid back and wellbehaved. He takes himself off upstairs to bed each night before us. And he's great with young kids too.

I love all blues!!

Julie

Last edited by a moderator:
I love Blues too - but like a bit of white on them too... :cheers:

My little blue girl is 12 weeks old and is currently tearing about the place like a loony!! Definately not calm!

Tiggs said:
My little blue girl is 12 weeks old and is currently tearing about the place like a loony!! Definately not calm!

Wait! That means puppies ready in 17 weeks time...??!!??

and BLUE Puppies! :wub: :cheers: :wub:

yay!

m

[SIZE=14pt]i have a blue and the naughty boy has covered my black bitch, so will hopefully will have some more blues, keeping one back so i told the oh [/SIZE]

Eceni said:
Tiggs said:

Wait! That means puppies ready in 17 weeks time...??!!??

and BLUE Puppies! :wub: :cheers: :wub:

yay!

m

Yes they are in Devon, the bitch is still here and shes not interested in Peter anymore so i reckon she has taken.

I love blue whippets. :wub: Hope I am lucky enough to have one one day. If I do, she will be called Bluebell. :)

the blue girls in my first litter were by far and away the naughtiest in the litter, but their blue dad was sooo very laid back, he was an angel,

i gotta get another blue one day, just hope that there are no blue boys in Oto's litter next month, it'll be too blueming tempting :sweating:

Back