The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Best Friend Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cymru

Registered
Reaction score
My greyhound has been taken. I have been searching for her for 6 weeks now. Can anyone here help?

She is 4 years old. An ex-racer she ran under the name Smokey-Eyed Joe and Running for Fun in Bedwellty, South Wales.

She is around 27inches. Brindle Bitch. Ear markings YP and TDS.

She cannot race anymore due to injuries to both shoulders. I am a little concerned that whoever taken her might try and race her at other independant race tracks and lead to her injuring herself further.

I have tried everyone i can think of. I even put an ad in the local paper in South Wales but i have no leads as yet.

I miss her dearly can anyone help me get my big girl back?

Thanks

Sorry to hear this :( have you got any pictures it might help people to recognise her if they see her :thumbsup:

I hope you get her back safe and sound :luck: :luck: :luck:

Welcome to K9 :cheers:

Unfortunatly i dont have any pictures of my Joe. Which is a major problem and headache for me. I just wish i had taken her picture when i was going to.

Have you tried going round the tracks? Or the dog warden, posters etc?

I really hope you find her soon. :luck:

cymru said:
Unfortunatly i dont have any pictures of my Joe.  Which is a major problem and headache for me.  I just wish i had taken her picture when i was going to.

Look on Doglost in the found section there are some tatooed greyhounds there.

Hello,

If it is a rescue dog, have you contacted the rescue organisation?

If your dog did some races, there is a database with details and pictures of all dogs.

I can't remember the website address but your rescue will know.

Best of Luck :luck:

the web site is " WWW.GREYHOUND-DATA.CO.UK"

I have just checked for you but the ear marking is coming back as belonging to a 4 year old brindle bitch by the name of RATHROON SASH...

hope you have luck in finding your dog... all the best.

Wishing you all the luck in world for finding your dog. :luck: :luck:

Just recieved this email.

Ref female brindle registered as Rathroon Sash

This greyhound is safe and well. Listed with us as Sasha.

We appreciate your concern for her welfare and can give you the following details.

Sasha spent a total of 10 days in the Council Pound instead of the usual 7 before

coming into the care of South Wales RGT.

It is our policy to neuter, vaccinate and provide any medical treatment required before

re-homing and this has been done.

It is our practice to keep in touch with all our greyhounds and their owners and to take the

greyhounds back into our care if family circumstances change.

Our adoption agreement includes a stipulation that the greyhounds will not be raced,

coursed or worked in any way and that the charity should be informed if ever they

go missing.

While our owners have custody, care and daily control the charity maintains a life-long

commitment to the greyhounds and ultimate responsibility for their well-being.

This is why we refer to adoption and not purchase

Sasha has settled well with her new family and a greyhound companion.

All legal requirements have been met and, failing accidents, she can look

forward to a long and happy life as a pet dog.

We hope this puts your mind at rest.

Regards

Paula

Im happy that she has been found. Im a little upset that i cant have her back but i would not want to upset her any further. Thanks everyone for your support and help.

cymru said:

This greyhound is safe and well.  Listed with us as Sasha.

We appreciate your concern for her welfare and can give you the following details.

Sasha spent a total of 10 days in the Council Pound instead of the usual 7 before

It is our policy to neuter, vaccinate and provide any medical treatment required before

It is our practice to keep in touch with all our greyhounds and their owners and to take the

Our adoption agreement includes a stipulation that the greyhounds will not be raced,

coursed or worked in any way and that the charity should be informed if ever they

go missing.

While our owners have custody, care and daily control the charity maintains a life-long

Regards

Paula

Im happy that she has been found.  Im a little upset that i cant have her back but i would not want to upset her any further.  Thanks everyone for your support and help.

Why cant you have her back if she is your dog????

Does that mean if your dog gets out for what ever reason, and isnt found or claimed you cant have them back even if you have all the paper work????

I would have thought getting the dog back to their owner is the best solution????

Confused kim

good and valid point! the post says that the dog was only in care for 10 days and the previous owner had tried many ways to be reunited with the dog? be interesting to have some legal advice for everyones future reference, maybe have it in a seperate thread of what to do if your dog goes missing? makes me think of poor lucis mum, that would be terrible if she found her and then couldnt have her back? dont mean to upset you lucis mum but i often think of you and your search and i so wish that you will find her someday soon. has anyone got any advice? my dogs are microchipped but after the threads last week seems that isnt as reliable as i thought

It would be the best solution but unfortunatly that is the law. Anyway she has been rehomed since christmas so i dont want to upset her further. It stinks but i just got to accept it.

Kim and Tilly said:
cymru said:

go missing.

Regards

Paula

Im happy that she has been found.  Im a little upset that i cant have her back but i would not want to upset her any further.  Thanks everyone for your support and help.

Does that mean if your dog gets out for what ever reason, and isnt found or claimed you cant have them back even if you have all the paper work????

I would have thought getting the dog back to their owner is the best solution????

Confused kim

cymru said:
It would be the best solution but unfortunatly that is the law.  Anyway she has been rehomed since christmas so i dont want to upset her further.  It stinks but i just got to accept it.
Kim and Tilly said:
cymru said:

go missing.

Regards

Paula

Confused kim

I suppose it depends on how long you had her before, like if it was a couple of years i would be looking at legal action, how did they try and find the owner, was she micro chipped etc.....I would want my dog back no matter, they may be a bit funny to start with but after that they would settle in fine....

Had her for a few years. She was not micro chipped as the vet did not recommend it as she was tattooed. Would love to have her back but the law says otherwise.

Was told by a council pound that once a dog has been with them for 7 days legally it becomes their property and can be passed onto rescue organisations for rehoming.

I'm so sorry to here this Cymru to have found her and then be told you can't have her back :( I understand that they have the dogs welfare at heart and she is probably in a nice home but I find this very upsetting especially when you have done you're best to find her,and even more so when she was taken from you, did you get in touch with them when she went missing?

Does this only apply to rescued dogs which have been put up for adoption or all dogs generally?

Last edited by a moderator:
cymru said:
Had her for a few years. She was not micro chipped as the vet did not recommend it as she was tattooed.  Would love to have her back but the law says otherwise.
Was told by a council pound that once a dog has been with them for 7 days legally it becomes their property and can be passed onto rescue organisations for rehoming.

[SIZE=14pt]7 days :rant: :rant: :rant: [/SIZE]

Is that all, just 7 days, that is so wrong....

Legally, what as in the police law or their rules....i would be checking it out, speaking to a solicitor etc etc, do you have proof shes yours, KC papers, pics etc???? you mentioned shes tatooed, do you have papers for this???

God i would be so mad

Some one out there must know the legals behind this....

edited to say - Sorry to rant, but surely you can show them the effort you went to to find her as well, so you werent just sat doing nothing???

Last edited by a moderator:
cymru said:
Had her for a few years. She was not micro chipped as the vet did not recommend it as she was tattooed.  Would love to have her back but the law says otherwise.

Well if they tried to tell me that they owned mine after 7 days they would have the biggest fight their lifes, will the total lack of communication of the council it would probably take you 7 days to get to speak to someone :rant:

Its the legal law not their own rules. Its the same for all lost property but i am going to check it out further just incase. i will let you all know what i find out.

cymru said:
Its the legal law not their own rules. Its the same for all lost property but i am going to check it out further just incase. i will let you all know what i find out.

i would, just in case....

For all our sakes, i would be scared to think if any of mine went missing i may not be able to get them back, how many rescue centres are out there hundreds how can you check them all????

Within 7 days

The thing is when she was taken i checked with the police and council pound we had no help what so ever. Now south wales RGT sent this email saying she was in the pound. I am confused as they said she was not there.

Another thing i was told was that sometimes lurchers and greyhounds are not put through the books but passed onto friends of the pound staff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back