The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bend Racing

Karen-Coral

Registered
Reaction score
If it is possible could some enlightened member explain why all but one of the NNWRF Bend events are to be run at Highgate?

If this is the official NNWRF venue for Bend racing---ok

If its not! ------seems to me a very silly course to take ----

Before we have any dummies thrown out or knickers in a twist --- it is my opinion only

I think that it is very likely that we could see over the next twelve months more closures of GreyHound Stadiums

therefore---i would also respectfully suggest its a bad idea having all your eggs in one basket----

especially if there is no good reason too do so---

Should be quite an interesting topic --not had a look at BWRA site yet to see what they will be doing---

Steve

ps----- Oh by the way i have absolutely no gripe/axe to grind with Highgate as this has always been one of my favourite tracks and i have said so on many occassions---plus not to far away from us--

I THINK THE REASON THAT MOST OF THE BEND RACING IS AT HIGHGATE IS BECAUSE THE PEOPLE THERE LIKE THE WHIPPETS, THEY ARE ALWAYS ACCOMMODATING AND G AND H DO A GREAT JOB THERE. WHEN SHEILA AND MYSELF GOT HARLOW FOR WHIPPET RACING WE WERE TOLD THAT SOMETIMES DATES MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE DEPENDING ON WHAT THEY HAD PLANNED FOR THE GREYHOUNDS THIS WOULD BE THE SAME FOR ANY NGRC TRACK. IF THE NNWRF WOULD LIKE TO STAGE A MEETING AT HARLOW I WOULD BE HAPPY TO SORT IT OUT FOR THEM.

Westhoughton is another track that's extremely accomodating to whippet racers but gets poor interest from organisations.

We've got plans for Wessy anyway and I'm hoping it'll get one of the best ever attendances of any whippet racing event to date. :D

Westhoughton is another track that's extremely accomodating to whippet racers but gets poor interest from organisations.We've got plans for Wessy anyway and I'm hoping it'll get one of the best ever attendances of any whippet racing event to date. :D
ILL BE THERE JAC COME ON SPILL THE BEANS :D

Come on jackie you start somethink now let have it I bet you bostin to tel

i don't do bends,so cant really have much to say on the topic but easington is one of the best around and the owner joe will bend over backwards to help the whippets :thumbsup:

AS RAY SAYS HARLOW IS ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT AND ACCOMODATING BUT QUITE EXPENSIVE ALSO ITS A LONG WAY FOR THE SCOTTISH BOYS TO TRAVEL.DONCASTER HIGHGATE IS PRETTY CENTRAL ON THE SCALE OF THINGS AND ALWAYS VERY WELCOMING.PERHAPS WE COULD HAVE A CHAMPIONSHIP AT HARLOW ONE YEAR AND THEN EASINGTON OR FURTHER NORTH THE NEXT YEAR.THE MEMBERS AT HIGHGATE OBVIOUSLY HAVE AN ADVANTAGE BUT MAYBE ITS THE CASE OF WHY CHANGE SOMETHING THAT IS WORKING WELL .ITS A DIFFICULT ONE WORTH TALKING ABOUT.

I take it Steve is refering to the 2010 calendar posted on the NNWRF forum which also states tbc (to be confirmed)

for the past couple of years the NNWRF BEND DERBY which is a CLASSIC event has been staged at Westhoughton, unfortunately it has not attracted the attendance it deserves or needs to make it financially viable nor did the Golden Jacket event also held at Westhoughton, its a great pity as I think its a great track and venue and we are always made very welcome by the stadium owners and( its only 15 minutes away from my house) BUT we cannot afford to run these opens at a loss, both this location and Highgate are accessable to most the latter for some reason wins hands down on attendance levels

The Golden Jacket open at Portsmouth is another one that has struggled to attract attendance and just broke even last year by some very generous people making donations to cover the stadium hire,

The NNWRF being able to afford these venues is down to the members attending and making them viable

Just want to make it clear, Steve hasn't discussed the Bend Derby event with me or (to my knowledge) discussed it with fellow racers at Wessy.

I'm sure his question can be taken in the genuine manner he's presenting it.

Naturally, I and others were dissapointed about the Derby being moved to Highgate however, We didn't query the matter because we presumed a valid excuse would be given.

Those who were dissapointed felt it was better for all to do something more positive rather than nit-pic about the loss of an event.

As such we are currently busy chasing sponsors and mediating an event that hopefully will gain a lot of media attraction for the benefit of whippet racing and Westhoughton Greyhound Stadium but will also be considered a prestigous event in it's own right.

Just want to make it clear, Steve hasn't discussed the Bend Derby event with me or (to my knowledge) discussed it with fellow racers at Wessy.I'm sure his question can be taken in the genuine manner he's presenting it.

Naturally, I and others were dissapointed about the Derby being moved to Highgate however, We didn't query the matter because we presumed a valid excuse would be given.

Those who were dissapointed felt it was better for all to do something more positive rather than nit-pic about the loss of an event.

As such we are currently busy chasing sponsors and mediating an event that hopefully will gain a lot of media attraction for the benefit of whippet racing and Westhoughton Greyhound Stadium but will also be considered a prestigous event in it's own right.
pm me ill help you with some sponsorship :D

Just want to make it clear, Steve hasn't discussed the Bend Derby event with me or (to my knowledge) discussed it with fellow racers at Wessy.I'm sure his question can be taken in the genuine manner he's presenting it.

CAN YOU GET SPONSERSHIP FOR THURROCK CLUB AS WELL?

CAN YOU GET SOME SONSERSHIP FOR THURROCK AS WELL

you got to pick a pocket or two pat got pick a pocket or two

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: nice one pat

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nice one steve you doing some sponsoring :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

oh yer the jan keeble

oh yer the jan keeble
do you sponsor that fair play ill give her a call

oh yer the jan keeble
do you sponsor that fair play ill give her a call
YOU HELPT TO GET THE SPONSOR BUT YOU DONT SPONSOR IT BUT THATS MORE THAN MOST PEAPLE DO :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

CAN I ASK WHAT THE OUTCOME WAS WITH

COVENTRY STADIUM?

HAVENT SEEN JOHN FOR AGES NOT BEEN UP THERE

FOR A FEW WEEKS

THE LAST I DID HEAR THINGS WHERE MOVING ON

AND HE WAS VERY INTERESTED IN STAGING EVENTS

AFTER A CONVERSATION WITH HIM I WAS UNDER

THE IMPRESSION THERE WAS GOING TO BE A MEETING

IN SEPTEMBER

CAN I ASK WHAT THE OUTCOME WAS WITH COVENTRY STADIUM?

HAVENT SEEN JOHN FOR AGES NOT BEEN UP THERE

FOR A FEW WEEKS

THE LAST I DID HEAR THINGS WHERE MOVING ON

AND HE WAS VERY INTERESTED IN STAGING EVENTS

AFTER A CONVERSATION WITH HIM I WAS UNDER

THE IMPRESSION THERE WAS GOING TO BE A MEETING

IN SEPTEMBER
That would be a good meeting great track coventry taking whippet racing forward price may be. Problem stu

Back