The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bend Racing

at the BWRA AGM last year there were 4 venues put forward to vote on for the 2009 BWRA BEND CHAMPS results were

1st Highgate

2nd Doncaster (ngrc)

3rd Easington

4th Westhoughton

what does that tell us about what people prefer

at the BWRA AGM last year there were 4 venues put forward to vote on for the 2009 BWRA BEND CHAMPS results were
1st Highgate

2nd Doncaster (ngrc)

3rd Easington

4th Westhoughton

I love Highgate and the Myers family,they always make us welcome :thumbsup: but I voted for Doncaster for Champs.My reasoning,was everybody on equal footing.Nobodys local track :thumbsup:

1st Highgate

2nd Doncaster (ngrc)

3rd Easington

4th Westhoughton

all that says is that there where more people at the meeting from around the highgate area. :(

my opinion is it should be left up to the top table to decide on a venue.

Fuel prices rays that's why need to get a bend track central it cost me £40/50 pounds before any enterances but I think fed are been fair by running this open give south bend open I hope to be there god willing top track .
THATS WHY MOST MEETINGS SHOULD BE HELD AT HIGHGATE THATS CENTRAL.
We've been here before haven't we lol -_-

Whilst i agree it is only fair the Southerners get a fair crack at the whip and opens are held within a reasonable travelling distance (ie Gems Lad, South Coast, Keeble Weekend, NNWRF GJ & Fordingbridge Open), staging a Golden Jacket event in Portsmouth is making a mockery of a status (Sup Nch) that was once prestigious. As it is now dogs needing their last weight class will be at Portsmouth on Sunday where there is less dogs running thus more chance of a win.

How an open can be taken away from Westhoughton on the basis that the turnout was poor doesn't wash with me when an event at Portsmouth (which has always stuggled to get half a reasonable attendance and relys on people donating their winnings back) is going ahead for the third year.

Whilst i have no issue's with Highgate and all my dogs run well there i feel it's bad management to have all our eggs in one basket and it's now left to the BWRA to look into finding an alternative track for their one national event and Championships.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

although i dont bend race i was wondering why they r nearly always on sundays? during the summer straight opens r sats and suns so why r most bend opens on a sun? just curious
bacause most tracks race greyhounds sats there busiesy night
dont think highgate/westhoughton/easington do as theres whippet h/caps @ the 1st two. and as has been said most bend meeting r @ highgate
Maybe a lot of folk work on a Saturday,Carole.Or are busy after a week of work.Sunday does seem the best option.

I've got a question though.How much is the average cost(if there is an average :lol: )for staging an event at an NGRC track?

but people race all thru the summer on the straights on a sat so doesnt really make much sense to me that most bend opens r on s sun? like i say i dont bend race but i am curious as to why?

1st Highgate

2nd Doncaster (ngrc)

3rd Easington

4th Westhoughton

I would suggest that this tells readers absolutely nothing about what people prefer----------------------------------------------

except they prefer not to travel any further than they need to----

Having seen at first hand the results of a AGM --

what happens when votes that dont suit some ---are dealt with ----------at EGM three months later ----------

i myself do not set much store by them.

But i suppose any AGM is better than none at all---

steve

Back