The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bend Racing

AH JAC YOUR A STAR!

THANKS FOR DOING THIS FOR US, :thumbsup: MIGHT BE A FEW MORE THAN US WANTING TO GO BUT THEY CAN SORT THEMSELVES OUT !! IM KIDDING . WITH THE EVENT BEING ON SUNDAY IM NOT SURE WHAT WAY TO GO ABOUT THIS TRIP, EITHER TRAVEL ON SATURDAY AND STAY THAT NIGHT, RACE AND HEAD HOME AGAIN OR JUST STAY BOTH NIGHTS... :wacko:

REGARDING THE ONE DOG PER ROOM..CAN WE HAVE A GROUND FLOOR ROOM WITH AN OPEN WINDOW AND 2 PAIRS OF CAT BURGLAR SLIPPERS THAT MIGHT FIT A LURCHER :- " OR AN UPSTAIRS ROOM THAT COMES WITH MATCHING OUTSIDE- LURCHER- LADDER.. :- " ROSE AND I ARE GONNA HAVE TO FIGHT IT OUT TO SEE WHOS DOG STAYS LEGAL AND WHOS SNEAKYS IN :- " HAHA IF I HAD TROUSERS WITH 56" INSIDE LEG AND 45" WAIST I COULD STASH "COLT" DOWN THEM BUT THEN I WOULDNT WANT A QUEUE OF WOMEN CHASING ME (w00t) ;) ......MMMM..I GOT THAT WRONG DIDNT I JAC!! :p :p ANYWAY THANKS AGAIN.

LOOKIN FORWARD TO IT

JOHN

:thumbsup:

Oh dear god what have I let myself in for?!! (w00t)

Rose was saying Torri will be the stowaway due to her size but I recon it'd be interesting watching you trying to sneak Colt through a teeny window! (w00t)

As for staying 1 or 2 nights, it's up to you, if you choose the latter you and Rose can savour some of the fine Ginpit ale :cheers: on that note, I'd better book the week off! :sweating:

Hi John,

theres a good B&B near Stansish (10 minute drive from Westhoughton) they are happy to accept several dogs. there number is Bridge House Farm 01257 792390. (realy nice people)

Hi mark, thanx for that number, were taking 2 dogs over, so we prob will give them a ring aswell, knowing are luck they will probably be booked up! :(

thanx though :cheers:

Rose

Sound's promising, don't know ?Standish well but I'm sure Mark will oblige.

Just in case the farm is booked up theres a nice pub just down the road thats happy to let you have dogs in your room and does a great breakfast.

The pub is about 15 minutes steady driving from Westhoughton Dog Track.

Oak Tree Hotel

130, Preston Rd

Coppull

Chorley

Lancashire

PR7 5ED

01257 791217

weathergirls said:
The North West British Whippet Racing Association (non-ped) are stageing our 2nd annual open on Sunday 19th February 2006 at Westhoughton Greyhound Stadium
this year we  included a section for the pedigree whippets, as we have a few lurchers who come to the track each week we have decided to add a section for lurchers at our open event.

I will post details on here nearer the time any queries contact ;

Linda  on 07764219147 or  P.M.

LINDA

IVE NOTICED THE TRACK DISTANCE IS 275 YARDS, WILL THAT DISTANCE APPLY TO THE LURCHERS TOO, REMEMBERING THAT YOUVE MENTIONED 2 HEIGHT CLASSES OF UNDER AND OVER 23? WOULD IT BE AN IDEA TO LET THE OVER 23 DOGS DO AN EXTRA HALF LAP ON THAT OR ARE YOU FIXING IT AT 275? LOOKWRD TO IT NO MATTER WHAT ANYWAY :thumbsup:

JOHN

stormydog said:
weathergirls said:
The North West British Whippet Racing Association (non-ped) are stageing our 2nd annual open on Sunday 19th February 2006 at Westhoughton Greyhound Stadium
this year we  included a section for the pedigree whippets, as we have a few lurchers who come to the track each week we have decided to add a section for lurchers at our open event.

I will post details on here nearer the time any queries contact ;

Linda  on 07764219147 or  P.M.

LINDA

IVE NOTICED THE TRACK DISTANCE IS 275 YARDS, WILL THAT DISTANCE APPLY TO THE LURCHERS TOO, REMEMBERING THAT YOUVE MENTIONED 2 HEIGHT CLASSES OF UNDER AND OVER 23? WOULD IT BE AN IDEA TO LET THE OVER 23 DOGS DO AN EXTRA HALF LAP ON THAT OR ARE YOU FIXING IT AT 275? LOOKWRD TO IT NO MATTER WHAT ANYWAY :thumbsup:

JOHN

get back to you on the handicapping format

DavidH said:
what classes for non ped?? :cheers:
275 yard

upto 20lb upto 26lb upto 32lb yd/lb dogs and bitches seperate 1st & 2nd through to 4dog final

vets and yearlings same classe d/b together

36lb, 40lb and no limit scratch

then there is the 440yard open scratch

can anyone enter the 440yards or have you got to be a no limit dog :D

I've a 22lb bitch would like the 440yds :- "

Anyone who is reading this open is well worth attending - we went last year and it was fantastic, a great atmosphere and lots of racing for your dog whether you win or not first time out.

Last edited by a moderator:
could anyone let me know what time this event will be kicking off at on the 19th feb as a few off us are going to be travelling over from N.Ireland by ferry and we need to know roughly what time it will be starting at and finishing at so we can arrange suitable ferry times!

:cheers:

Rose

When's the BWRA North West AGM? Think anyone involved in this open could do with having a meeting :)

Miss Madam said:
could anyone let me know what time this event will be kicking off at on the 19th feb as a few off us are going to be travelling over from N.Ireland by ferry and we need to know roughly what time it will be starting at and finishing at so we can arrange suitable ferry times!:cheers:

Rose

you will need to be at the stadium for 11-30am hard to say what time it will finish will be somewhere around 5pm

weathergirls said:
Miss Madam said:
could anyone let me know what time this event will be kicking off at on the 19th feb as a few off us are going to be travelling over from N.Ireland by ferry and we need to know roughly what time it will be starting at and finishing at so we can arrange suitable ferry times!:cheers:

Rose

you will need to be at the stadium for 11-30am hard to say what time it will finish will be somewhere around 5pm

HEY THANKS FOR THE INFO, :thumbsup:

IS THERE MUCH INTEREST FROM LURCHER OWNERS ? ARE YOU EXPECTING A GOOD TURN OUT?

cheers john

the advert for the open is in Feb issue of the WHIPPET NEWS monthly mag for anyone who wants a copy contact Chris Cornish on 01455 442239 or e-mail christinecornish@hotmail.com

The lurcher section I have advertised as 2 classes under 23" and over 23" after enqiring how they normally run lurchers if anyone has any better suggestions on this please post or e-mail me at sewonsoft@hotmail.com asap so Ican amend the ad

A trophy has been sponsored by our supplier OWEN SHAW TROPHIES

race entry fees are £5 per dog which includes entry into the consolation

entry to the stadium is £2-50 per person children under 15 free

weigh/measure time up till 12 noon

it is a rule of whippet racing and the stadium (as I am sure it is for you) all handlers must clean up after their dogs

also due to recent events of fake scottish notes been passed at some meetings we now will only accept english money as will the propriertors of the venue

Happy xmas and NewYear look forward to meeting you all in Feb 2006 :luck: :cheers:

address of the venue is;

WESTHOUGHTON GREYHOUND STADIUM,

WIGAN ROAD

WESTHOUGHTON

LANCASHIRE

for enq tel Linda Broom 07764219147

david

would you like us ..other halfuns.. to chase a hare? (w00t) id like to think our lurchers will do exactly the same thing as your whippets only longer distance! i think the distance has still to be arranged. over 23s and a few unders 23s i know of are more than capable of running a full lap and a few heats if needs be. im glad to say there will be a representation of n.irish dogs going over for the crack!! :D

hope to hear the arrangements asap !

john

Do we have to enter before or just turn up? I've got a 21" lurcher (whippet X) who has run at Wessy a few times but not raced against other dogs cos there were no other lurchers there the nights we went. She will go into the trap o.k.

Back