The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Bend Racing

Minimum wieght with ped racing is 14lb dont mind her running off 15 though, she is experienced as she went round wessy this morning, she"s been round there quite a few times so she"ll know the way thanks for all your help. :))

Sounds like a good turn out of peds - just hope we have a better turn out of non peds, bit dissapointing this year, mind you the weather everywhere but Wessy was awful.

At the charity do we ran the lurchers under 21", under 23" and over 23", seemed a fairly reasonable split.

I might just have to get onto our dishy male contact from the Bolton Evening News for a bit of advertising :D

What Paula missed off is 2 or ours and 2 of Pennymeadows went round Wessy today and did 6 bends (approximatly 700yds) in preperation for Belle Vue

The 2 Pennymeadow & parkstone Whippets will continue to go round wessy twice a week untill the Belle Vue race :thumbsup:

Pennymeadow Whippets said:
The 2 Pennymeadow & parkstone Whippets will continue to go round wessy twice a week untill the Belle Vue race :thumbsup:
What days do they run at Westhoughton? Would like to take mine but unfortunately have to work! :b

If you could post what days, times they run I could maybe get there for a trial! :thumbsup:

Scott Frodsham said:
What days do they run at Westhoughton? Would like to take mine but unfortunately have to work! :b

If you could post what days, times they run I could maybe get there for a trial! :thumbsup:

Ask Vicky scott she knows the score :thumbsup:

Scott Frodsham said:

Thanks jeff will do! :cheers:

Just thought that seeing that you were in the know that you'd have the courtesy to post! :b

Last edited by a moderator:
Scott Frodsham said:
Scott Frodsham said:

Thanks jeff will do! :cheers:

Just thought that seeing that you were in the know that you'd have the courtesy to post! :b

Try monday/wednesday /friday evening or sunday morning no problem with courtesy just thought you'd ask vicky as she runs thursdays

Scott,

Trialing is Wednesday & Sunday morning, last i knew they didn't trial on race nights.

They now trial after racing on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays £4 per dog

Vicky said:
Sounds like a good turn out of peds - just hope we have a better turn out of non peds, bit dissapointing this year, mind you the weather everywhere but Wessy was awful.
At the charity do we ran the lurchers under 21", under 23" and over 23", seemed a fairly reasonable split.

I might just have to get onto our dishy male contact from the Bolton Evening News for a bit of advertising  :D

should have a better turnout next year as the N.N.W.R.F. CLASSIC DERBY is at Westhoughton 2 weeks later 5th March :thumbsup:

YUP SOUNDS GOOD (w00t)

WHATS THE FORMAT FOR THE LURCHERS? WILL THEY BE RUNNING OUT FROM TRAPS? KEEP US WELL INFORMED AS NO DOUBT THE ULSTER DOGS WILL MAKE AN APPEARANCE !

:thumbsup: JOHN

Hi, just wondering if i was to take my dog over to race at this event, would she race in lurcher's or non ped's? she is a whippet/greyhound and has non ped breeding in her?

Miss Madam said:
Hi, just wondering if i was to take my dog over to race at this event, would she race in lurcher's or non ped's? she is a whippet/greyhound and has non ped breeding in her?
you have to be registered with the B.W.R.A. to race in the main event

Whenever ive been racing Skippy at Wessy they would trial the whippets but only after the greyhounds have trialled which sometimes makes it after 10pm.

hi weathergirls, is the bend racing just like going round a greyhound track? a couple of us were thinking about coming over from N.Ireland to this event, as u meantioned they have to be experienced in bend racing to be able to run, well we do run are dogs round a greyhound track regularily here at home just for training, is that ok for experience or do u mean they have to be experienced to that particular track which the event is being staged? as for my non ped having to registered with BWRA to be able to run, there is a k9 member helping me out with getting her registered for the event.

anymore info on this event would be great,

cheers

Rose :)

Miss Madam said:
hi weathergirls, is the bend racing just like going round a greyhound track? a couple of us were thinking about coming over from N.Ireland to this event, as u meantioned they have to be experienced in bend racing to be able to run, well we do run are dogs round a greyhound track regularily here at home just for training, is that ok for experience or do u mean they have to be experienced to that particular track which the event is being staged? as for my non ped having to registered with BWRA to be able to run, there is a k9 member helping me out with getting her registered for the event.
anymore info on this event would be great,

cheers

Rose :)

Hi Miss Madam as long as your dogs are experienced going round a greyhound track in the company of others without interfereing with others in the race then you are welcome.

The main part of the event is for non-pedigree whippets who must be registered with the British Whippet Racing Association

The pedigree section is open to pedigree whippets only

The lurcher section is open to cross breed (and not registered to B.W.R.A.)

proof of vaccination required

full greyhounds NOT allowed

I will post the advert and full details nearer the time

look forward to seeing you :luck:

Linda :cheers:

Hiya Rose, was chatting to John last night and I'm going to sort you both out with some accomodation close by for you and one dog, if you wish to bring more than one dog, Pm me and I'll see what I can sort out. I said to John I'll come and meet you both in the morning and you can follow me down to the track :thumbsup:

Jac

Back