The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Askern

erm why is a straight open now going to go to a bend open? :blink: just a thought here its a north east open so wudnt it be better to out it on @ say easington if it was to b a bend meeting saying thats a north east track and askern isnt? :- "

I know what you're saying,but it would give everyone a chance to see what the track is like,and run their dogs there.I thought it was a good idea,but i suppose its up tp Joyce :- "

like i said a north east open shud be just that.... a north east open. we hardly get any as it is so imo it shud stay in the NORTH EAST.

is this the same track where the owner put up 200 quid sponsership then did not pay out if so i know a few that would not race ther on princeable did not affect me but i know he up set a few i would blow it out as you cant have that :- "

Was down at the track today, Blaze had herself a little race and thoroughly enjoyed it.

I suppose it's up to the BWRA and the NNWRF as to whether they think they could race at the track.

I do know one thing though - both my pups will be schooled and trained at this track, Moany Moany was schooled at this track and both she and Connor's Lass have trialled there and will continue to do so.

tony warren said:
is this the same track where the owner put up 200 quid sponsership then did not pay out if so i know a few that would not race ther on princeable did not affect me but i know he up set a few i would blow it out as you cant have that :- "
Tony how many tracks down south can we hold a bend meeting at? Beggars can't be choosers if you get my drift :wacko:

TONY THE OPEN YOU ARE ON ABOUT WAS ORGANIZED WITH THE PREVIOUS OWNER ,BY THE TIME THE OPEN WAS RUN THE TRACK HAD CHANGED HANDS AND THE NEW OWNER DIDNT KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THE OPEN NEVER MIND THE ADDED PRIZE MONEY.

tony warren said:

i'm not sure about this but think it was the old manager/owner that made the offer of £200 he then sold the track and the new owner did'nt feel he should uphold that offer,

i agree that the jodami open could not be put on the bends or go to Askern, jodami never ran on the bends i'm sure,???

but why not put a open on anyway, have a word with the east-midlands committee i know they did have a bend open on afew years back, we all have trophy's we could give and entrance money should pay for track hire, so the money donated could go as added prize money and we all get another bend race before the two bwra bend opens at the start of the year :thumbsup:

sorry tony but i cant back you on that one

it is a great track and jeff put me down for a 20 pound donation :- "

i hope i never have to run at higate again the track is a complete mess

and im not interested in any reply to that its my opinion .

gary

Don't worry about repercussions Gary I don't think there's many that would disagree with you in your opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gosh i didnt know the cancelled Jodami Open had caused so much interest.

May i firstly say to the people who have ofered a donation for me put the Jodami Open on as abend open Thank you its much appreciated. Jodami never run the bends but what does that matter. I did look into another straight open date but could not see a gap in the fixture. I approached Chris Cornish at Warwick and asked if i could find a gap for a bend open and Joe at Easington agreed could i have the Jodami as a bend open just as a one off. She had no problem with that. But as i have already said no gap in the fixture. So the lovly trophies will have to be put under raps till next year. Hoping the weather will be kinder to me.

Its about time people worked together and not try and put obstacles in the way the people who wanted to donate money was not for the Jodami Open but for the sport and to let everyone know how Asken has been inproved. If you do manage to get another open oganized i will donate £20.00 even if i cant get to race my dog (Challenger)for the Love of sport.

Joyce Thoburn

Why don't you try to organise one Geoff, it appears you were the first person to have the idea of putting one's hand in one's pocket to help out :- " .

Last edited by a moderator:
What a great idea. If anything does come of this please give me a call and i will help in anyway i can.

Thanks Gary Farmer and Woody :cheers:

First of all :oops: i want to apologize if my generosity and that of my friends as offended anyone.My offer was made 4 the love of our sport .In hindsight i should have contacted Joyce first.

I am pleased to inform you that Maltbyw.r.c as accepted our offer of donations,and will organize a bend open,and i presume with added prize money.I hope all the offers still stand,if not i will personally pay the £200 myself. :))

glad u have managed to get someone to have an open instead of taking a north east open. woody its a pity u cant have it @ easington a north east venue? :blink:

HAD MY 2 FIRST TIME AROUND NEW ASKERN TODAY. THE TRACK IS MINT.. :thumbsup:

first aaaaah,you tell a good tail :- " hope geoff gets help with track fee from everybody ,to help maltby with the open and give everybody a look at it.greyhound people where talking about askern at easington today thought it was spot on. :thumbsup: WHO IS GOING TO HELP SPONSER??GEOFF HE HAS HAD QUIET A FEW PROMISES TO RAISE THE £200 :luck: :luck:

-_- couldn't sleep last night for thinking about the offer from my mate Neilpem,he as kindly agreed to ride a shetland pony around Askern,stark b*****k naked.Hopefully someone will sponser him for the last £10 lol lol lol :b

Back