The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Annaghmore...racing Today

This was the next shot,as i was in burst mode. anaghmore_sshow_048__2_.jpgIhad just the very tip of Tori's tail in this,but i cropped it just a shade to much,and thought i still had the tip in.Ah well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now i took this just before the first race of the over's.John was down behind the start line,and i was way up the top,behind and to the side of the finish line.Not good quality as he was 150+ away,but i thought he looked so solemn.Or maybe he was just sayin a wee one.OK.Away this time.anaghmore_sshow_034.jpg

I havent seen dogs hurdle before...............brilliant pictures, they

make some heights dont they
wow.gif

Well done to all the winners :thumbsup: great reading :thumbsup: brilliant photo's.

Just a thought Mr Harpur,If I read your post right, you said you told the show judge to his face :thumbsup: about the size of the dogs in the class :thumbsup:

But have you thought about approaching big Ann and asking her why she shows her dog in the unders and races it in the overs, thats if I've read the post right.

Or is it a bit of a tall order for you lol

ps looks like them 8 1/2 months old pups are going to be flying machines :thumbsup:

Well done Johnny Boy - Gin Pit is all fit and waiting for your descent.

Slapped wrist for you though, what the f*ck is that van doing at the finish line?

Vicky said:
Well done Johnny Boy - Gin Pit is all fit and waiting for your descent.Slapped wrist for you though, what the f*ck is that van doing at the finish line?

the van is using its battery for the lure ....its behind haybales, the only problem which i had to point out to the show organisers was that the car door was open and as the dogs were skimming the bales they came very close to the door. once it was closed it was ok. can i say vix we as "ndtlc" must be one of the safest event runners in the uk. our track is sealed totally and the only dogs and within the fenced race area are the those racing. :thumbsup:

[SIZE=14pt] BRING ON THE GINPIT [/SIZE] :cheers: :cheers:

TOMTHUMB said:
Well done to all the winners :thumbsup: great reading :thumbsup: brilliant photo's.Just a thought Mr Harpur,If I read your post right, you said you told the show judge to his face  :thumbsup: about the size of the dogs in the class :thumbsup:

But have you thought about approaching big Ann and asking her why she shows her dog in the unders and races it in the overs, thats if I've read the post right.

Or is it a bit of a tall order for you lol

ps looks like them 8 1/2 months old pups are going to be flying machines :thumbsup:

i ermmm.... spoke to the woman in question about the matter ie her "over 23 all ireland champion" being shown in the "under 23" showing class...i can safely say that it wont happen again :thumbsup:

(w00t) sounds like colt is back on top :thumbsup:

well done john + colt :cheers: what a super star he is :wub: :thumbsup: .......colt i mean :- "

Vicky said:
Well done Johnny Boy - Gin Pit is all fit and waiting for your descent.Slapped wrist for you though, what the f*ck is that van doing at the finish line?

Vicky.I hope you dont mind me answering that one about the stupid van.Or should i say the lure driver.If you'd have been where i was ,taking the pic's,i can guarantee,you're hand's would have been over you're eye's every time,as the dog's were just missing it by a couple of inches,everytime they flew up the sise of it ,at full pelt.Once he left the door on the passenger side fully opened,and Colt just clipped it.Ive seen dog's getting badly injured at this type of thing,as Seamus Erwin,who has been running the lure for over 20 years,has never done it any other way.My own Silver dog,once hit the van,and went under it,coming out the other end,and ive seen a dog hit the lure,and sail straight over the van.I agree with you 100%,bloody madness.

well done, :thumbsup:

sounds like you had a great day. :)

TOMTHUMB said:
billyboy45 said:
This is Ann again,with that wee under's dog,who races with the big boy's,and almost beat the mighty one today.Note i said almost.View attachment 45937
I'ts this post what makes me ask Mr Harpur

Big Ann was approached about this,her answer was ,that she showed him in that class because she wanted to,as she has the big black dog for the over's.This was also taken to the organiser's ,who promised that she would also be racing the dog in the under's,and that there would be no double standard's so to speak.But alas,double standard's there was,and as you've seen,the dog raced in the over's.This whole scene boiled over at the end of the day,but as it has nowt to do with me,i will leave it at that.But if anyone else want's to add to that,then feel welcome.Ann getting away with showing the dog in the under's was not the problem realy,as the judge and ring steward,who are pretty knowledgeable men ,should have sorted it,and asked her to leave the ring.I made my feeling's known before the class started,as did other's.The judge was no more than a few feet away at the time,and knew exactly the dog that was being talked about.So no excuses.I did not go right up to his face,but told him from a few feet away,when he called my bitch into the middle,exactly why i was leaving the ring.Hope this satifies you're queery. ...Billy...

Could i just add,that i have never seen a day of racing run so sweetly.A credit to the though and planning behind it.No sooner was one heat over,than the next dog;s were in slips and ready to go.I even had to ask him to give me a minute to change the camera battery.A big thankyou to the organiser's for an overall enjoyable day.s racing.(What a change)Would loved to have seen the overall race between Tori & Colt,but it would have been total madness on John's part to run him.I am glad he took my advice,and called it quit's,as it was 20n1/2 degree's.Some wer'nt to happy about it,but Colt's welfare had to come first,and not a piece of wood or plastic.

Anyway,the Champion pup,is a wee cracker,and in tip top condition. A credit to the young lad who look's after it.Well done mate.To all the other winner's also a big well done.As John say's,we nearly had a riot today,and i recon if they'd have lifted the dog's they were tipped of about,we would have had the riot.But again,all credit to the Lurcher,and Terrier folk,and to the organisers,for keeping the piece.Well done lad's.So first a few pic's of the showing,beginning with that smashing looking pup. View attachment 45934
Thanks Billy :thumbsup: Can anybody tell me when the next show in July is?

Oh and i agree, it was a very good choice John decided as his dog's health is much more important than the race and the way it was settled was the right way to do it.

Well done John & the ever handsome Colt :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:

Just thought id put the whole pic of John n Colt on here,so thet you can see that cheeky ,cheezy grin again.Dont understand why he kept his mug shot off screne,as i took one similar to this with his camera.So for all his fan's, here he is,looking well chuffed with the lad's day's work.anaghmore_sshow_055__2_.jpgIn case you're wondering how there's a big rosette on Colt's neck in one and not the other.He slipped it on while i was changing camera's.Bluffed me for a while till Kirsty told me,as i could'nt remember him doing that.

billyboy45 said:
Now i took this just before the first race of the over's.John was down behind the start line,and i was way up the top,behind and to the side of the finish line.Not good quality as he was 150+ away,but i thought he looked so solemn.Or maybe he was just sayin a wee one.OK.Away this time.View attachment 45962
haha billy i like to distance myself from the excitement and "fun" on the line. i take in the "big picture" . :- " ;)

billyboy45 said:
Just thought id put the whole pic of John n Colt on here,so thet you can see that cheeky ,cheezy grin again.Dont understand why he kept his mug shot off screne,as i took one similar to this with his camera.So for all his fan's, here he is,looking well chuffed with the lad's day's work.View attachment 46017In case you're wondering how there's a big rosette on Colt's neck in one and not the other.He slipped it on while i was changing camera's.Bluffed me for a while till Kirsty told me,as i could'nt remember him doing that.
Sorry to go off topic, but when are we going to get some photos from them fishing trips Billy.

Havent been out to much Geoff,as ive a thing in my foot called Mettatarsalgia,or summit like this word anyhow.Its very painfull mate.But i have a few pic's of the pool i was in the other evening,when i caught a 7 lb salmon.On saturday,while i was at the show,this pool produced some good fish,one of 16lb,and as i dont fish on Sunday's anymore,i missed a good day yesterday as to lad's who i taught to tie their own Salmon flies,had a brill day,with an 11 1/2,a 12,and a 5 lb Salmon,,between them.Was out for an hour today,and there have been quite a few caught on the spinner.It was to bright for fly,but

will get out later.Here is a couple of pic's of that pool,in daylight first,and then at sunset.

There's a nice stream running into it,and i hope to click there when the sun goes down a bit,so will post another thread in the chit chat zone later. ...Billy...anaghmore_sshow_007.jpg

Back