The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Annaghmore...racing Today

Here's another couple from a different angleView attachment 46043 anaghmore_sshow_010.jpg

F.....g brilliant Billy :thumbsup: your the bee's knee's at this photography game.

John must be jealous to death Billy :thumbsup:

ps keep them coming Billy Boy :thumbsup:

billyboy45 said:
Havent been out to much Geoff,as ive a thing in my foot called Mettatarsalgia,or summit like this word anyhow.Its very painfull mate.But i have a few pic's of the pool i was in the other evening,when i caught a 7 lb salmon.On saturday,while i was at the show,this pool produced some good fish,one of 16lb,and as i dont fish on Sunday's anymore,i missed a good day yesterday as to lad's who i taught to tie their own Salmon flies,had a brill day,with an 11 1/2,a 12,and a 5 lb Salmon,,between them.Was out for an hour today,and there have been quite a few caught on the spinner.It was to bright for fly,but will get out later.Here is a couple of pic's of that pool,in daylight first,and then at sunset.

There's a nice stream running into it,and i hope to click there when the sun goes down a bit,so will post another thread in the chit chat zone later.    ...Billy...View attachment 46042

Any photo's of the 7lb salmon you caught? :thumbsup:

milly said:
billyboy45 said:
Havent been out to much Geoff,as ive a thing in my foot called Mettatarsalgia,or summit like this word anyhow.Its very painfull mate.But i have a few pic's of the pool i was in the other evening,when i caught a 7 lb salmon.On saturday,while i was at the show,this pool produced some good fish,one of 16lb,and as i dont fish on Sunday's anymore,i missed a good day yesterday as to lad's who i taught to tie their own Salmon flies,had a brill day,with an 11 1/2,a 12,and a 5 lb Salmon,,between them.Was out for an hour today,and there have been quite a few caught on the spinner.It was to bright for fly,but will get out later.Here is a couple of pic's of that pool,in daylight first,and then at sunset.

There's a nice stream running into it,and i hope to click there when the sun goes down a bit,so will post another thread in the chit chat zone later.    ...Billy...View attachment 46042

Any photo's of the 7lb salmon you caught? :thumbsup:

Will put some on the chit chat forum now Geoff,before im warned for putting stuff up that aint got nowt to do with lurcher's.

Keith.Tried to pm you mate,but it would'nt go.So i'll say it here.Family is doin great ,and wee Alannah is improving,as her blood's are beginning to settle a bit.Glad you like the pix mate.Still a lot to learn about this wee camera,so it will be a bonus if they turn out any better.Am doing a wee course on the web at the minute,and reading a few tutorial's,about improving you're pix.So finger's x. ...Billy...

Was out earlier walking the dogs at Hazelbank which is right on the coast in the Belfast Lough. Had the camera with me and was watching a seal swimming just of the shore and was about to take a pic when this came out of the water. I'm just glad that i had the camera with me to get a pic of it (w00t) :D

My_Shark.jpg

dazgail said:
Was out earlier walking the dogs at Hazelbank which is right on the coast in the Belfast Lough. Had the camera with me and was watching a seal swimming just of the shore and was about to take a pic when this came out of the water. I'm just glad that i had the camera with me to get a pic of it (w00t)   :D
now thats got a mouth like tomtit :thumbsup: mark

Folks, this is probably taking this topic a wee bit off the subject but since it has been mentioned on various posts that at some shows there is a run-off with the winner of the overs running against the winner of the unders. Surely to make things fairer they should have ran the same amount of heats ie if the winner of the unders has ran 2 heats and the winner of the overs has ran 3 heats then the unders winner should race the length of the track on its own or vice versa. Obviously none of the other racing disciplines that the dog has competed in throughout the day should be taken into consideration. Just a thought worth considering. :D

No the problem is mate that colt ran a heat of hurdles maybe 2 heats :- " i forget so they werent really guna set up the hurdles again just to make it fair. But i think that would have been a good suggestion and a maybe a fair way of making it fair lol (too many fairs in there :blink: ) yeh but it was still done in the right way :thumbsup: .

Was supposed to be in my bed by now,but have to rightify this.Colt actualy ran 4 times in the hurdles,at 150 yds per run,up hill,with the jumps included,this would probibly be the equivilent of about 250 yds.X 4=1000 YRDS.Then he had to do it all over again,without the jump's,which would more or less be the same again.OK,he had a long break with the show taking so long.But that's a fair bit of work at full throttle.Some might say,but a lurcher can do that all night on a lamp.Believe me,there's a big difference,as i used to lamp my racing bitches,and when they were fit,they could run 30/40 rabbits,with all the twists and turns.Some of them were short and some long.It took a very good rabbit,to take as much out of them as 1 good 300 yrd race at the lure.I had a white w/g bitch,who could run all night,and some on here have seen the DVD,of her on the lamp,just 12 week's after she pushed a pup through her womb and almost died.

4,300 yrd runs at the lure was her maximum.This same bitch eventualy stopped chasing the lure.A combination maybe,of too much work,and the fact that she was booted of the lure at a few show's.So i recon another run that day,might have been Colt's last,as it was 20 degree's on the car thermometer.One must know,when enough is enough. ...Billy... GOODNIGHT.

Last edited by a moderator:
dazgail said:
Folks, this is probably taking this topic a wee bit off the subject but since it has been mentioned on various posts that at some shows there is a run-off with the winner of the overs running against the winner of the unders. Surely to make things fairer they should have ran the same amount of heats ie if the winner of the unders has ran 2 heats and the winner of the overs has ran 3 heats then the unders winner should race the length of the track on its own or vice versa. Obviously none of the other racing disciplines that the dog has competed in throughout the day should be taken into consideration. Just a thought worth considering. :D
colt had done 9 runs mate. to be fair if this have been the other way round and it was colt that had ran 3 this debate wouldnt even be taking place !!

our club had its meeting last night and this will be the way it is at NDLTC show for the overall final. every dog will run the same amount of heats ....if solo runs need to take place then so be it !

[SIZE=14pt] CAN WE PUT THIS TO BED NOW.. AND GOOD POINT DARREN[/SIZE]

markbrick said:
dazgail said:
Was out earlier walking the dogs at Hazelbank which is right on the coast in the Belfast Lough. Had the camera with me and was watching a seal swimming just of the shore and was about to take a pic when this came out of the water. I'm just glad that i had the camera with me to get a pic of it (w00t)   :D
now thats got a mouth like tomtit :thumbsup: mark

YOU'LL BE SORRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :rant: ;)

Back