The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Zoomie's Crufts Adventure!

zilloot

Registered
Reaction score
Well we set off on Wednesday morning at 9am to drive all the way to Stafford. Lottie and Zoomie were BRILLIANT in the car (which was making a funny noise :( which we happily ignored :teehee: ).

We stopped for pees and coffees and sandwiches and sausages, and iggies emptied themselves on command ( (w00t) ) and even joined in singing Old MacDonald and playing I-spy.... :lol:

When we got to the hotel Lottie and Zoomie both ate a huge chicken dinner then started looking for trouble....

First Zoomie chose his bed... best spot in the room of course and Mummy plumped up his pillows for him :wub: (he even threw in an 'Elvis' impersonation...)

(w00t) :D Then he attacked my friend Ruth and tried to squash her to death with iggy kisses :huggles: :lol: o:) :teehee:

Then we all practised 'deportment' for the show-ring and walked around the room with an Australian Sea Turtle balanced on our heads to make sure our backs were straight...

Zoomie could even do it lying down!!!!! (w00t)

Meanwhile Lottie thought we'd all lost our minds and decided the most sensible thing was to catch some zzzzzzzzs -_- :wub:

She had no intention of balancing ANYTHING on her head...

... she's the sensible type :clown:

... and she went on to spend the entire night down the duvet giving it big Zzzz behind my knees :lol: -_- ... while Zoomie bed-hopped and noodled about until 2.30am (w00t) :teehee:

Aww they are utterly adorable :wub: Glad you all had fun x

Then we had a wonderful day at the show. I didn't get any photos inside Crufts but they spent the whole day eating sausage, cuddling heaps of people, being photographed on mobiles by complete strangers (w00t) :huggles: ... I think Zoomie had his photo taken about 12 times, twice by press photographers (w00t) Zoomie LOVES people so spent the whole day declaring his undying love for delighted total strangers!!!!! :cheers:

Okay we didn't win (Zoomie was 'thrown out' and Lottie won a VHC (5th place)).. but they behaved BEAUTIFULLY and I was so proud of them :wub: . They both showed their socks off!!!!

Several people I'd never met came and told me how lovely they looked which was so kind. I must admit I think it's daft to take it all terribly seriously like some people do - I just love spending the day with my incredible dogs and any wins are a bonus ... so we still had a great day out at a fabulous show :D and met some lovely people (hello doris and jo.B :* ) and fabulous dogs :huggles: But still a very big congratulations to all the winners and those who took part :thumbsup:

And then I got to take the best two dogs in the building home with me :thumbsup:

.. but not before they had a photo-session with a professional photographer (w00t) :wub: :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
...then we left the show about 4.30pm and decided to drive straight home instead of stopping in another hotel. We got home around 1am and the only sight of both of them in the last 24 hours has been the odd body-part sticking out of bed....

It was lovely to catch up with so many people - hope you all have a safe and successful year with all your dogs and see you again in 2009 :thumbsup:

p.s I did manage to do a little shopping - I bought an iggy fridge-magnet for £1.50 :lol: because it looked just like Zoomie :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
zilloot said:
Then we had a wonderful day at the show.  I didn't get any photos inside Crufts but they spent the whole day eating sausage, cuddling heaps of people, being photographed on mobiles by complete strangers  (w00t)   :huggles: ... I think Zoomie had his photo taken about 12 times, twice by press photographers (w00t) Zoomie LOVES people so spent the whole day declaring his undying love for delighted total strangers!!!!! :cheers:  
Okay we didn't win (Zoomie was 'thrown out' and Lottie won a VHC (5th place)).. but they behaved BEAUTIFULLY and I was so proud of them :wub: .  They both showed their socks off!!!!

Several people I'd never met came and told me how lovely they looked which was so kind.  I must admit I think it's daft to take it all terribly seriously like some people do - I just love spending the day with my incredible dogs and any wins are a bonus ... so we still had a great day out at a fabulous show :D   and met some lovely people (hello doris and jo.B :* ) and fabulous dogs :huggles: But still a very big congratulations to all the winners and those who took part :thumbsup:

And then I got to take the best two dogs in the building home with me :thumbsup:

.. but not before they had a photo-session with a professional photographer (w00t)   :wub:   :wub:

that would have been the highlight of my day that photo is gorgeousx :huggles: :huggles:

Glad you all had a great time and a lovely photo to remember it all with. Zoomie and Lottie are beautiful. :wub:

What a beautiful photo.. :wub: and Well done to you both.. :huggles: :cheers:

Hi, enjoyed reading that little lot my friend, glad you enjoyed yourselves, and what a cracking photo, lovely dogs

:cheers:

wow what an adventure for the zilloots!!! amazing pics :wub: glad you got home safe after such a drive :thumbsup:

Beautiful crufts photo - they're so good and so beautiful - thanks for sharing your lovely photographic diary :cheers:

Sounds like a long but lovely adventure for both of them :thumbsup:

OH!! Well i never!!! the Lottie ,Zoomie diaries LOLOL :))

I never enjoyed anything as much!!!! i just wish there was more

The hotel antics were hysterical :lol:

Looks like you had a fabulous time and that picture taken at crufts with the two darlin's, is just gorgeous :)) one for the wall i think :thumbsup:

Great stuff :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Oh my goodness! oh my goodness! Zoomie thrown out? What is the world coming to, did they not realise they were in the presence of a star??

Glad you all had fun :huggles: all round

Lovely to see you all again Fiona. Lottie and Zoomie were looking great.

Pat x

I'm sooo pleased you had a great time Fiona :huggles: ,& i loved reading about all the antics :D

I think the pic of Lottie :wub: & the Zoomster :wub: is absolutely stunning....no doubt you'll get it framed & hang it in a place of honour :thumbsup:

Back