The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

X-rays

Sorry to hear he suspects OCD. In this case it's likely that the vet will want to inject a contrast dye into his joint to highlight any damaged cartilage, which will presumably add to your bill considerably. :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, x-rays have been done, there is no sign of OCD so the x-rays will go for a second opinion. I'm going to pick him up at 6 o'clock. The cost was £750 in the end, but the insurance company are trying to challenge the vets charges, my costs are covered though.

simon said:
Well, x-rays have been done, there is no sign of OCD so the x-rays will go for a second opinion.  I'm going to pick him up at 6 o'clock.  The cost was £750 in the end, but the insurance company are trying to challenge the vets charges, my costs are covered though.
Was wondering about u today simon, im glad your dog seems to have the all clear

keit :luck:

midlanderkeith said:
simon said:
Well, x-rays have been done, there is no sign of OCD so the x-rays will go for a second opinion.  I'm going to pick him up at 6 o'clock.  The cost was £750 in the end, but the insurance company are trying to challenge the vets charges, my costs are covered though.

Thanks Keith, he's a bit drunk at the moment, plonked on the sofa with his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

simon said:
midlanderkeith said:
simon said:

Thanks Keith, he's a bit drunk at the moment, plonked on the sofa with his eyes rolling to the back of his head.

No the feeling simon :- "

That is bloody outragoeus. I think my greyhound vet charged me £15-£20 for a film. I would expect an ordinary vet to be looking at more with sedation, but for heaven's sake, did you have to buy the x-ray machine? (w00t)

Joanna said:
That is bloody outragoeus. I think my greyhound vet charged me £15-£20 for a film. I would expect an ordinary vet to be looking at more with sedation, but for heaven's sake, did you have to buy the x-ray machine? (w00t)
Oh he's your greyhoud vet now is he? Dream on girl :lol:

:luck: to Angus

Joanna said:
our vet cost £15 -£20 per xray as well that was in october last year

When Zeb had has xrays last month he had 2 chest xrays a scan of his heart and a cyst removed from his leg it cost me just over£300 from all of it. (hes 19 kilos)

Rae said:
Joanna said:

Bloody too right. Archie is due to get his toe stamped on again soon.I've got withdrawals :wub:

Joanna said:
Rae said:
Joanna said:

Bloody too right. Archie is due to get his toe stamped on again soon.I've got withdrawals :wub:

Oh yeah??? This sounds interesting. Tell us more?? Tall, blonde (or dark with blue eyes!) ................. rich????

dessie said:
Joanna said:
Rae said:
Joanna said:

Oh yeah??? This sounds interesting. Tell us more?? Tall, blonde (or dark with blue eyes!) ................. rich????

Fit rugby player physique, and GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sweating: :sweating: :sweating:

Back