The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Why Lurchers? Can You Explain...

oliverpliers said:
I've got 2 greyhounds (both ex-racers), 1 whippet, and 2 lurchers: Oliver is a JRT/whippet and Arthur is a saluki/anybody's guess! :- " The greyhounds are gentle, laidback, loving, lazy and wonderful companions. The whippet is cheeky, intelligent, laidback, loving and absoutely convinced that I'm his companion and not the other way around! :lol:
Oliver and Arthur are complete opposites to each other. Although at least half whippet, Oliver's terrier traits are very apparent. He is much more of a barker (and that incessant terrier yapping at that! :blink: ) than the others but equally more faithful and more of a sidekick than any of them. He is submissive to the point of not existing :rolleyes: but will play the role of the bully if the victim is out-numbered enough. He's a lovely boy though. :wub:

Oliver:

OliverPliers.jpg

Arthur is very saluki in looks, bless him. He's my problem child in that he had a rough start in life and came to me at a year old with fear and food aggression. He's calmed down a lot in the 8 months that he's been here and I love him to bits. He's quirky, energetic, loving, soulful, protective, funny, charming, laidback, lazy (yes, lazy and energetic as only a lurcher can be! :teehee: ) and lots more besides.

Arthur: :wub:

9a9a6af3.jpg

Arthur and Albie (the whippet):

1735b746.jpg

My mate Lynda has 6 lurchers, all of them different, in size, looks, temperament, everything, but all equally lovely! :wub:   :wub:

That picture of Arthur is fab :wub:

Back