The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Who would you raise your concerns with

COLLIEKATE

Registered
Reaction score
Okay this might be a bit long but by at with me.

In my search for a dog I joined a Facebook group. Very recently someone has posted that they work for a rescue charity and are a foster looking to take in and rehome. Lots of interested parties made comments. I asked which charity they were affiliated with however this went unanswered. I checked out the profile as you do and nothing regarding dogs was mentioned however a like on another buy and sell was shown. I followed this to an advert for A free to good home advert. This then appeared in the first Facebook page within comments. I notified the admin of my concerns as free to good home adverts are not allowed and of people posing as working for rescues only to sell dogs on at a profit. The admin stated she knew the poster and that she also worked for the same charity. She then listed the charities. 1 of the m had a web sight very out of date not charity number only a PayPal link to donate and no contact details. She also mentioned pound pulles which in its self is not a charity. A third charity is called Maxicare and appears to be based in Northamptonshire which I feel would be an unlikely area to foster from as admin is from way up north. And finally a fourth charity of which I can find no record of? Sorry for being a dog with a bone pun intended but how do would you check this out or report your concerns too. As my favorite t shirt states I may not always be right but I'm never wrong something s just not right????

I agree that it doesn't seem right at all. I don't really know the best plan of action to be honest. Are they based in your local area? Is there anything the council can do? as they are claiming to be a charity but clearly aren't? I doubt the RSPCA could actually do anything but may be able to give you some advise. It's a tough one

Okay just an update and it might help any one else who thinks this is going on I contacted the charity I could find and advise them. They have confirmed these people are not known to them , they then asked for all info I had and will be contacting trading standards and charity commission. They also said they may join page and monitor. as for tge admin knowing the member and working for them same organisation i foynd older posts suggesting the first time they have spoken to each other was september 14 2015. Knew it felt icky!

Back