The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

~whiskers~

Yes Hanna, you've offended me :eek:

Do you have to remind me,that not only am I "a lot bigger boned than you",I'm also OLDER than you :'( .

You've bought on one of my suicide attacks.......I'm holding a razor blade as I type.........only,I'm so tiddly,I keep missing........

You've made 8 doggies,1 son motherless.John is now freeeee.........If he re-marries I'll be back from the grave and he will suffer :devil: , my poor pythons have no-one to crush.......

Obviously I'm not dead yet :thumbsup: ,still typing etc.

But I'm signing off now.......possibly permanently ?

Lyd

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: I've just noticed the advert at the bottom of the page. Calming Signals by Turid Rugaas. Maybe we should all have a group yawn, a bit of lip licking, head turning, eye blinking and if those don't work do a huge play bow and big yawn.

:'( sob, I just went to the new poll,only,I'm so depressed now, sob,sob,sniff,.....that I don't care about whippies anymore.....and "don't care about whippies" wasn't there.

WAAghhhhhhhh...........Hanna has finished me off.........

I thought my time had come at ringcraft.........

on the rocks said:
You don't remove their dew claws in Denmark as it's against the law that is fine, but is that the same for the dew claws on the back feet?I am just wondering as I think the back dew claws are the more likely to damage the dog then the front dew claws, as they are really just loose and just flap around more then the front dew claws.

Also another question on dew claws for you..... Do you tape the dew claws when you are coursing?
Well, I'm not from Denmark, I'm from Finland, but one of my whippets is from there. I have to ask her breeder about those back legs. Probably Danish breeders are allowed to remove the dew claws from back legs (in those breeds who get them), or most likely their have to let the vet do that.

No, I don't tape dew claws while my dogs are coursing. Actually not many people do that in Finland, I have only seen couple racing whippets that have peen taped, but not coursing ones. I have even red some articles about greyhounds using their dew claws while racing, so I think it's better to let dogs have them. I have never had problems with dew claws. Two of my older males (who don't live with us anymore) don't have them, in winter the spots where the dew claws should be are always sore, reddish and full of little cuts, because they are running on a hard snow a lot. But I think their dew claws were badly removed.

Lydia said:
WAAghhhhhhhh...........Hannah has finished me off.........I thought my time had come at ringcraft.........
:eek: Lyd come back ......you're polls a success......lifes worth living now :huggles:

Lydia said:
:'(   sob, I just went to the new poll,only,I'm so depressed now, sob,sob,sniff,.....that I don't care about whippies anymore.....and "don't care about whippies" wasn't there.
WAAghhhhhhhh...........Hanna has finished me off.........

I thought my time had come at ringcraft.........
Stop showing off Lyd. Just 'cause you can use that emoticon and I can't. You know how much I'd like to be able to use that one and the little devil.

<flounces off in a huff>

Bizzybabe I have a few words for you and they are written below=

Its better to shut your mouth and be thought a fool.......than open it and prove the point..

Jill

Mark Roberts said:
<flounces off in a huff>
It's a good job that no-one can hear you Beejay as no doubt you'll be using bad language and offending people while you are flouncing :- " ..........Have we gone far enough off topic yet ?? :oops:

well i suppose its time to put my 2 penneth worth in , i agree with jill , buzzy no brain should keep it shut untill she grows up abit & gets a grip on life! next time we should just start a disscition on buzzybonk & forget the whippets, anyway does anyone know what were supposed to be talking about? :clown: :x :clown: :x

STRIKE WHIPPETS said:
Mark Roberts said:
<flounces off in a huff>
It's a good job that no-one can hear you Beejay as no doubt you'll be using bad language and offending people while you are flouncing :- " ..........Have we gone far enough off topic yet ?? :oops:
I'll let you know that I can, I can, I can........................ :x

Shout abuse at someone I've never met, jump into a vehicle that I don't drive and drive off in a great flouncey huff when I'm actually 30 miles away, standing around having a chat with someone. :- "

Such is the tremendous vocal power that I have AND the strength of my personality I can in fact be in at least two places at once. (w00t)

So be warned folks you never know where I'll pop up next and shout abuse at you before flouncing off. Distance, time, great oceans etc etc etc are no barrier to my flouncyness. :sweating:

We are now so far off topic Hannah that I think that we are in quite another dimension. :thumbsup:

Nothing to do with whiskers but I did have a puppy with one back dewclaw about 1987. I was quite surprised but just took it off with the rest.

Very interesting topic though, poor Jax. perhaps we will have a bit of a comfort eat next time we meet mate ;)

: I think I need lots of chocolate and cream cakes to get over the shock !! 8)

Im just not used to being spoken to like that ;) (w00t) and at my age too ! :- "

Well I just looked at the poll. With 25 votes in.

Yes 2

No 21

Dont know what a whippet is. 2

With 2 saying yes to trim, & 2 saying they dont know what a whippet is. Would it be fair to say that they cheated & voted twice? :oops:

BeeJay said:
Shout abuse at someone I've never met, jump into a vehicle that I don't drive and drive off in a great flouncey huff when I'm actually 30 miles away, standing around having a chat with someone. :- "
Hey! - someone shouted at me the other day when I didn't meet them. It wasn't you was it. I definitely didn't meet you that day so it could have been ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
SHHHHuuuuuuuuuuuuush

Only you and a few others know that, :b o:)

:thumbsup: :huggles:

i feel that if a whippet is born with whiskers then they are naturally meant to have them, so they have a beauty of their own. If we do trim them then their natural beauty will not longer be apart of them.

carly :)

Back