The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

whippets

alsh

Registered
Reaction score
due to injury i am unable to care for my two whippet bitchs in the way that they deserve so i have no option but to sell them both

black laguna bitch aprox 4yo takes hare/rabbit day or night she weighs 22lb and stands at 18 inchs at the shoulder £300. extremely good

19-20lb fawn pup born 22 december 2002 her dam is the above bitch and sire is so slippy. she is currently working well (trialed) though her retrieving needs a little more work £150. has great potential

a friend of mine also has a lurcher dog free to good home he's a useless worker but would make a great pet and he even smiles this due to work commitments and a new baby (3rd) and my sister is pregers again (his girlfriend). breeding season i think

any one who is interested can contact me at alanrflongstaff@yahoo.co.uk

Last edited by a moderator:
Just for interest i would like to see ped. if poss. ?

Regards Clive

A friend of mine is looking for a lurcher as a pet/companion.

Is the lurcher you mention still available?

Whereabouts is the lurcher?

Wonderful home - but I believe there is a cat there - would that be a problem? *(for the cat, I mean !!)

Also, - what age is the lurcher please?

Sorry - got the previous message a bit wrong.!

There is NOT a cat in the family - so that's one obstacle out of the way.

The person wants a smallish lurcher - sort of approx 21" at shoulder- any good??

Hope to hear soon from you soon......

kirawan

chester (the lurcher) is a border/beardie collie x greyhound cross if i remember right he is 22-23 inches at the shoulder and you couldnt ask for a better natured dog and yes he is still available and he lives in staindrop Co Durham same as me oh nearly forgot he is three years old i'll try and post my sisters mobile next time

clive

you asked about a ped but you did not state which dog/bitch i only have a ped for gem (pup) on her sires side SO SLIPPY (mad return X another so) i bought katie at a rabbiting competition in teesdale after i saw her work she came second out about 60 other dogs so i made her owner an offer he could'nt refuse!(her mother came 1st).

every one

my leg seems tobe getting better i think if it is both bitch's will be kept.

Last edited by a moderator:
everyone

my leg seems tobe getting better i think if it is the pup will be kept though im not sure about katie (laguna) i dont get out rabbiting much any more but she bred me one hell of a litter last year.

ALSH,

Sorry for the time lapse.......

Re lurcher (Chester) - my friend is still very interested.

I think it would save an awful lot of back and forth, if you could let me have your sister's telephone number (privately, if you wish) and then I will get my party to make contact - and they can sort the rest out themselves.

Do hope between them they can arrange something between them- it would be a really good home.

Kirawan.

what an idoit i left the bloody number at home ok next wedensday ill be back here ill give u her mobile by e-mail so i'll need your email address just send me an e-mail with you name.

Hallo....

not to worry - if you click "members" at the top of the page - and then scroll down to Kirawan - you can send me an email with the telephone number - I shall then forward it to my friend.

Thank you.

i'll give you that e-mail tomorrow kirawan i have an interview in barny castle so it wont take so long after all... :)

That's fine - received the telephone number - many thanks - I shall pass it on tonight and hope that Chester will be okay.......

Just for interest, do you happen to know if he lives indoors or not?

Anyway, fingers and paws crossed !!

he lives outside in a garden shed with a large dogrun connected to it. not as bad as it sounds

That's fine..... just to warn them that he may not be house trained, that's all - I do not anticipate it being a problem.

Just hope they are not too far away from one another - they live fairly "south" - still - they could perhaps meet half way.

Anway, it's up to them now.... thanks.

yup i heard that from my sister apparently they have already phoned she says they just lost a greyhound (died) recently its good to see that people are beginning to see what good pets longdogs can make at last.

Back