The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippets

george06

Registered
Reaction score
Hello folks,sorry for not being around for a while,but been away.Was In Carrickfergus and Belfast for nearly a week,playing golf for a childrens hospice over there,love the place would move there tommorow,never been made so welcome by such lovely people.It was the 1st time i`d been away from the dog for more than a few hours and she went hairless when i returned...absolute bonkers,no previous dog licked and jumped on me like her.

Also just spent a few days in Welshpool in a pals with a massive converted barn house with acres of land,and took the family on this including the dog,like heaven for her and millie the Jack,my pals dog.Anyway heres a few pics of the last week or so.........do all whippets and greyhounds go crazy after you go away?

Carrick

k96.JPG

k91.JPG

Oooo that train pic is freaky george - looks like the front dog has an ARM!

(w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Yes all Whippets go mad when you come back to them. Some of mine greet me like I've been away for months when in fact I've only been gone for a few minutes.

Lovely pics.

I noticed the dog with the arm too, sort of scary lol.

I'm glad you had a nice time George, I lived in Belfast for 10 years, and loved it to bits. They're such friendly people over there, that I ended up married to one hehe. Brought him back here with me too.

i like this one,now she`s standing proud for the camera!

Also know she`s cool for cats now,as there were 2 cats in the house and they didn`t bother her.

proud.JPG

hey george either get back into that gym or put ur top on hahahahahah only joking m8 u wanna c mine :cheers: ur getting about a bit with ur dog m8 aint u?

hes in good hands with u and loving every minute.. :cheers:

lurcherman said:
hey george either get back into that gym or put ur top on hahahahahah only joking m8 u wanna c mine  :cheers:   ur getting about a bit with ur dog m8 aint u?hes in good hands with u and loving every minute.. :cheers:

lol....i know what you mean,too many beers in Ireland! :luck: need to do a few sit ups me thinks :sweating: going down Oliver Reed territory.

george06 said:
Hello folks,sorry for not being around for a while,but been away.Was In Carrickfergus and Belfast for nearly a week,playing golf for a childrens hospice over there,love the place would move there tommorow,never been made so welcome by such lovely people.It was the 1st time i`d been away from the dog for more than a few hours and she went hairless when i returned...absolute bonkers,no previous dog licked and jumped on me like her.Also just spent a few days in Welshpool in a pals with a massive converted barn house with acres of land,and took the family on this including the dog,like heaven for her and millie the Jack,my pals dog.Anyway heres a few pics of the last week or so.........do all whippets and greyhounds go crazy after you go away?

Carrick

Sounds like u had a nice time George, ive heard about this irish hospitality, think best we can do here is pack our bags and go see for ourselves, wont give u the time of day around here, theres more life in my local church yard

keith

george06 said:
urchin said:
Oooo that train pic is freaky george - looks like the front dog has an ARM!(w00t)   (w00t)   (w00t)

:D well spotted i never got on that!

is it blowing a kiss to someone by any chance ? oliver ried country....do you mean STRANGFORD ...he used to fall asleep in the LOBSTER POT...ive seen him and i was a nasty ol bastrd too ! carricks not a bad wee town. bet you were in the castle ?

j :thumbsup: hn

Last edited by a moderator:
stormydog said:
  oliver ried country....do you mean STRANGFORD ...he used to fall asleep in the  LOBSTER POT...ive seen him and i was a nasty ol bastrd too !  carricks not a bad wee town. bet you were in the castle ?
Funny enough was in the company of Alex Higgens for the first few days over there and he told many funny stories of Ollie Reed,the later the nights went!As they were good pals,heres a pic of him shaving one of the boys over there for the charity,he`s very frail now,and a lovely feller.

Never had a chance to go inside the Castle but seen it ofton enough.

View attachment 34781

Back