The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippets With Unlikely Names

Deefer?.... D fer dog! (w00t) :clown: D for dog

We once gave a lift to a hitch hiker with a lurcher type of dog (took sympathy on the dog) and the dog was called Dave. :lol: :lol: Seemed an odd name for a dog.

there was a rottweiler on 'dog borstal' last night called Dave.

I know someone with a weimaraner called Colin, frineds used to have a mini yorkie called Tyson, they've now got a smooth haired chihuahua who came with the (mexican) name Chico , but it just reminds me of that divi on pop idol :- "

I had a whippet called Iris, Iris the virus I used to call her.

Linda

Lats year we lost my GSD he came to us at 6 months old with the name Beethoven .We didn't change it as he was such a great slobbering daft lump it suited him although he was usually called Batty which also suited him. When I did obedience with him his trainer called him NORA as in Nora Batty

I have a whippet called Zinzin... which is french for 'Crazy'!!! (w00t) :D

She was a complete loopy-loo as a puppy although she's settled down now. :wub:

(She's mostly known as Zinderbin now because she's like a bottomless bin for dropping food into! :lol: )

my blue/fawn that I bred was called Diesel as he was huge! his new owners have given him a 'welsh' name now as they thought it was appropiate 'BRYN' (w00t)

I know of a friend who's dog started life as Max, but who ended up answering to the name of....

(w00t) [SIZE=14pt]No Biting[/SIZE] (w00t)

Our nearest neighbours have two GSD's called Clarence and Gloria!!

»Tina« said:
my blue/fawn that I bred was called Diesel as he was huge! his new owners have given him a 'welsh' name now as they thought it was appropiate 'BRYN'  (w00t)

I had a whippet called Bryn it suited him down to the ground he was a blue brindle and was born in wales

I knew an Engligh Bull Terrier called Delilagh...

Whippet names I have come across include Trevor, Whippet, (mine) and Doris.. (w00t) (w00t) (w00t)

Oto's sister is called Nora and one of his sons called Colin :D

hopefully Owens son will be called Amos and Otis's lad Ely (or Onslow if he is a big boy) :lol:

Not whippets....but when I worked at Guide Dogs we had lots of silly names, as all of the litter have to have a name beginning with the same letter. So they would start if with the normal (ish :- " ) names then they'd be the unlucky few, who might be...Marcus, Mike, Mandy etc...

Just not good doggy names :lol:

Yes,I agree (w00t) When my wife brings home her guide dogs she is training they have some really odd names that don't really fit into labs :b

We are very hopeful of a "Eric" the whippet soon,If all goes well with the litter :luck: :luck: :D

phill said:
We are very hopeful of a "Eric" the whippet soon,If all goes well with the litter :luck:   :luck:   :D
I know a Whippet called Eric and one called Dave. And there is a bitser who lives round the corner to me called Gary!!!

Back