The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippets With Unlikely Names

aslan

a totally addicted
Registered
Reaction score
I recently sold a darling little blue and white pup I had called Richie to dear little boy who told me that he looked like a REX and would, henceforth, be called so if I didn't mind.

Well I sorta did mind, to me REX conjures images of GSD's or Cattle Dogs or Kelpies, but he's not my dog anymore and I told the lad he could call him whatever he wanted - so Rex it is (pictured below).

Dessie mentioned in another thread that she sold a dear sweet little black dog to a fellow who promptly named him BRUTUS (w00t)

What whippets do you know with names that you think don't quite suit a whippet?

Last edited by a moderator:
We had a lovely dark brindle puppy who's new owners came to look at him at 4 weeks and promptly named him Conker (well its better than Rooney which they were also condsidering (w00t)

I love the name Conker :D not sure Andy would want to shout it in the woods though :lol:

As I said on the other thread Aslan, my neighbours collie is called Rex and he is :clown: :clown: totally nuts :lol:

in my eyes definitely not a whippet name then :- " :- "

my Monty has many, many names that are very unlikely for a whippet :- "

not like our perfect Devon, he only gets called proper whippet names :huggles:

may05_114.jpg

aslan said:
Dessie mentioned in another thread that she sold a dear sweet little black dog to a fellow who promptly named him BRUTUS  (w00t)
What whippets do you know with names that you think don't quite suit a whippet?

Noooo! It gets worse, it wasn't a chap who had 'Brutus' but a twee little old lady!!! :lol:

Tyson,butch,killer..... (w00t) :p :clown:

I met one called Brett at the weekend

i know someone with a whippyx called TANK :lol:

Slightly off subject but when I was younger my horse was called Pork Chop......

I was at a show a couple of years back and heard someone shouting "Lesley Lesley stop doing that!". Thinking some poor kid getting a row, but oh no here was a women walking towards me shouting at her Hung Viz called "Lesley" to stop pulling. (w00t) (w00t)

met a cocker spaniel puppy yesterday called JANET (w00t)

My neighbour's weedy yorkshire terrier is called Butch (w00t)

when i took one of our whippets agility there was a GSD there called daffodil!! (w00t) :lol:

Back