The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippets On Holiday

gilliwigs

Registered
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the new faster uploader on photobucket? It's much quicker and more reliable but it does mean that I've been able to upload more pics than I might have done otherwise! :lol:

This was our first day and the whippets reacted to the beach as if they were children let out to play at playtime. They loved it and charged round for ages. Jonah loves the water and didn't think twice about charging through it. You can tell how happy they were from the photos. :D

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand3.jpg

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand5.jpg

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand7.jpg

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand19.jpg

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand20.jpg

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand15.jpg

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand12.jpg

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand13.jpg

Here they come again!

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand21.jpg

FirstdayonbeachMagilliganStrand22.jpg

Race you to the beach, Jonah!

BenoneBeach20.jpg

BenoneBeach21.jpg

This is Benone Beach - my little water baby! :wub:

BenoneBeach9.jpg

BenoneBeach10.jpg

BenoneBeach11.jpg

BenoneBeach12.jpg

Bushfoot strand - still running! :lol:

BushfootStrandPortballintrae4.jpg

BushfootStrandPortballintrae3.jpg

Magilligan Point

MagilliganPoint.jpg

(w00t) looks like ya had a fab time the boys certinly seemed to enjoy themselves :wub:

Still running! :sweating:

CountyDonegal2.jpg

CountyDonegal1.jpg

Time for a change of pastime - digging. ;)

CountyDonegal7.jpg

CountyDonegal6.jpg

Running again. :wub:

BanagherGlenReservoir8.jpg

Round the stone circles :wacko:

StoneCircles.jpg

Here's another tale of whippets acting dumb! :- "

Can you open this 'gate' for us please? :unsure:

RoeValleyCountryPark21.jpg

All they needed to do was to follow us around the side but they couldn't quite make that out! Richard had to go back and lead them out. :teehee:

RoeValleyCountryPark22.jpg

Very happy to have escaped!! :clown: :lol:

RoeValleyCountryPark23.jpg

Here's one for all you pony lovers. :wub:

RoeValleyCountryPark7.jpg

:thumbsup: Great pictures! :D Looks like they had a great holiday :lol:

Nearly finished. :- "

Muffin spent a lot of time either waiting for us to catch him up or in deep contemplation on the meaning of life! :wub:

RoeValleyCountryPark11.jpg

Hurry up! I'm miles ahead of you. :p

BanagherGlenReservoir15.jpg

Spot the whippet! :lol:

BanagherGlen1.jpg

BanagherGlenReservoir9.jpg

BushfootStrandPortballintrae5-1.jpg

WhiteParkBay1.jpg

Can I have this flavour for breakfast today mum? :- "

InsideCottage1.jpg

And even when he's on holiday, Jonah manages to find his favourite place on the middle stair. :clown:

Jonah1.jpg

Jonah.jpg

Me and whippets at the Giant's Causeway.

GiantsCauseway14.jpg

Fab pictures, i bet they were wacked!!!!!! :D Jan

Two more ...... :- "

I love this photo of Jonah, but wondered if there was anyone who could get rid of the lead for me? I've got Photoshop Elements but still haven't a clue how to use it! :b

Ballintoy7.jpg

And finally, that Jonah is up to his tricks again. :- " We took the ferry over to County Donegal, which only took 10 minutes. So we thought it was perfectly OK to get out of the car and leave them while we went up on deck. 8) I saw a couple of people looking in through our car window and thought that they were admiring our whippets. I should have known better. (w00t) As soon as we got back, I took one look at Jonah's face and realised what he had been up to - sorry, the quality's not brilliant here but if I say 'Cheesy Wotsits', I'm sure you'll get the picture!

FerrytoDonegal3.jpg

Good job we came back when we did as he'd taken 2 bags out of my rucksack, had eaten one of them and was about to start on the second. Muffin was a little o:) still sat on the back seat.

They certainly enjoyed the beaches. Looks like you all had a great time. :cheers: That is a nice one of Jonah....the dramatic sky and rocks compliment his brindleness :D

gilliwigs said:
I love this photo of Jonah, but wondered if there was anyone who could get rid of the lead for me?  I've got Photoshop Elements but still haven't a clue how to use it!  :b

Ballintoy7.jpg

And finally, that Jonah is up to his tricks again.  :- "  We took the ferry over to County Donegal, which only took 10 minutes.  So we thought it was perfectly OK to get out of the car and leave them while we went up on deck.    8)   I saw a couple of people looking in through our car window and thought that they were admiring our whippets. I should have known better.  (w00t)   As soon as we got back, I took one look at Jonah's face and realised what he had been up to - sorry, the quality's not brilliant here but if I say 'Cheesy Wotsits', I'm sure you'll get the picture!

FerrytoDonegal3.jpg

Good job we came back when we did as he'd taken 2 bags out of my rucksack, had eaten one of them and was about to start on the second.  Muffin was a little  o:) still sat on the back seat.

Did my best I'm sure someone else could do a better job.

Ballintoy7.jpg

Well i don't know where to start? the water front pics are fantastic :)) can't beat whippets in water, running around the stones is hilarious :)) Jonah on the stairsLOLOL hes got some character on him!! and the cheesy wotsits!!! and i have to tell you the picture of Jonah with the lead!! i kinda like the lead!! but i see you have altered it but anyhow either way its a striking picture of a striking whippet against a striking backround :)) :)) :)) Great stuff :)) :)) :))

Last edited by a moderator:
That photo is really nice Gillian, :) in fact they all are. Northern Ireland is a lovely place...so glad you had a nice holiday. Those beaches sure look good and hardly a soul there....the way I like it...

I especially like the one of the Giants causeway....I havnt actually visited there yet, but hubby has...

Did you stay in a B & B or was it a cottage., it looks good from your photos....would you pm me the details please if thats ok.

Angela# said:
gilliwigs said:
I love this photo of Jonah, but wondered if there was anyone who could get rid of the lead for me?  I've got Photoshop Elements but still haven't a clue how to use it!  :b

Ballintoy7.jpg

And finally, that Jonah is up to his tricks again.   :- "  We took the ferry over to County Donegal, which only took 10 minutes.  So we thought it was perfectly OK to get out of the car and leave them while we went up on deck.    8)   I saw a couple of people looking in through our car window and thought that they were admiring our whippets. I should have known better.  (w00t)   As soon as we got back, I took one look at Jonah's face and realised what he had been up to - sorry, the quality's not brilliant here but if I say 'Cheesy Wotsits', I'm sure you'll get the picture!

FerrytoDonegal3.jpg

Good job we came back when we did as he'd taken 2 bags out of my rucksack, had eaten one of them and was about to start on the second.  Muffin was a little  o:) still sat on the back seat.

Ballintoy7.jpg

I had a go for caroline using windows PAINT as I dont have any fancy software.

(carolines OH Nick)

Ballintoy7.jpg

peony said:
Angela# said:
gilliwigs said:

Ballintoy7.jpg

And finally, that Jonah is up to his tricks again.   :- "  We took the ferry over to County Donegal, which only took 10 minutes.  So we thought it was perfectly OK to get out of the car and leave them while we went up on deck.    8)   I saw a couple of people looking in through our car window and thought that they were admiring our whippets. I should have known better.  (w00t)   As soon as we got back, I took one look at Jonah's face and realised what he had been up to - sorry, the quality's not brilliant here but if I say 'Cheesy Wotsits', I'm sure you'll get the picture!

FerrytoDonegal3.jpg

Ballintoy7.jpg

I had a go for caroline using windows PAINT as I dont have any fancy software.

(carolines OH Nick)

Ballintoy7.jpg

That's great as well. :cheers: You are clever people! :thumbsup:

brilliant pics gillian :thumbsup: ,glad you had a good holiday :)) ,love the one of jonah too :huggles:

Fab pics - looks like you all had a great time - thanks for sharing :thumbsup:

Back