The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet X Chinese Crested. What Do Ya Think?

purplepixie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

I've been looking at the variation in lurcher types and I stumbled across an add for Whippet x chinese crested which the seller called minature lurchers. As I know next to nothing about chinese crested dogs, I have a whippet male :wub: , I was thinking what would they be like. Anyone had any experience of this cross, temperament or coat type etc? I would really like a lurcher as a companion for my lad in the not too distant future but would like something smallish and these sounded an ideal size for me. What do ya think?

Thanks

PP

you have inadvertently strayed into a minefield here...few of us can see reason to cross two perfectly good pure bred animals to produce a litter of mongrels, they are two very different breeds, so the outcome can be difficult to predict and the health issues of either breed can appear in the resulting pups

Don't go there! A Chinese Crested is a toy breed, not working, racing or anything like that. Most unsuitable cross a mongrel bred for money.

PROB COST MORE THAN ANOTHER WHIPPET,SURELY YOU WOULD BE BETTER HAVING ANOTHER WHIPPY

Back