The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet Wanted

jodster74

Registered
Reaction score
Hi there,

I am hoping someone can help me.... I live in the Bristol area and I am looking for a whippet companion for my dog daniel (pic below) and some advice...

I took Daniel in as a foster dog from a sanctuary where my husband and I volunteer just over a year ago and once he got over the shock of being in the kennels he started to come out of his shell... well we fell in love and dreaded the phone ringing to say someone was interested in him and after a near miss we agreed that we would adopt as I couldnt bear to see him go...

Daniel is 4 and a half and is quite the man about the house so I thought I might be better getting a lady whippet as I think he might look upon a boy as a competitor rather than a companion...

Obviously Daniel is my priority so it has to be the right dog, but I would love to take in another rescue however these do not come up very often so I have registered in various places but so far no joy...

Can anyone help / offer advice - it would be much appreciated

I am willing to travel and have a nice, happy whippet friendly home (and live next to a nice big open space which is perfect for runs...)

Thanks in advance

hi and welcome to k9! :huggles: , keep looking on the board and im sure something will catch your eye! good luck in your search :thumbsup:

try the thread whippet boy looking for a home :thumbsup:

unwanted said:
Hi - I would love to take a non ped but have looked after a few lurchers for friends and he only really likes other whippets as he finds the lurchers a bit bouncy! He is pretty mellow and likes to be with other whippets hence my quest!

*Lesley* said:
Talking of which - is there any way I can trace Daniel's lineage?

I know the date he was born and who he lived with (she is on champdogs as a breeder but no details of litters...)

Can you offer any advice - I would be interested to know

Thanks in advance (still no pics I'm afraid - this resizing thing is driving me nuts :rant: )

ring the kennel club and see if any of the litters have been reg and they can give advice or spk to judy or beejay on here :thumbsup:

jodster74 said:
unwanted said:
Hi - I would love to take a non ped but have looked after a few lurchers for friends and he only really likes other whippets as he finds the lurchers a bit bouncy! He is pretty mellow and likes to be with other whippets hence my quest!

NON PEDS ARE NOT LURCHERS :angry: ,,Here is Robbie :) ,,does he look like a lurcher :teehee:

AyrOpen2006C.jpg

Yes they are not KC REG,,but they do have a pedigree and Robbie has one greyhound in his but its at the end ,,number 10 in his 10 generation pedigree :wacko:

Susan said:
jodster74 said:
unwanted said:

NON PEDS ARE NOT LURCHERS :angry: ,,Here is Robbie :) ,,does he look like a lurcher :teehee:

AyrOpen2006C.jpg

Yes they are not KC REG,,but they do have a pedigree and Robbie has one greyhound in his but its at the end ,,number 10 in his 10 generation pedigree :wacko:

Sincere apologies! Didnt mean to offend.... am new to all this.. sorry

:oops:

CROP_CROP_IMG_3037.jpg

jodster74 said:
Susan said:
jodster74 said:
unwanted said:

AyrOpen2006C.jpg

Sincere apologies! Didnt mean to offend.... am new to all this.. sorry

:oops:

Cracking whippet you have there, :thumbsup:

Thanks - that pic was taken at a novelty dog show we entered last year for fun - he won best condition and then best in show (bit disappointed with only a 3rd in Lovely eyes though!)

View attachment 34794

Resized_CROP_CROP_IMG_3037.jpg

Daniel is a beautiful looking boy, I hope you are successful in your search for a companion for him.

Jenny

jodster74 said:

Thanks - that pic was taken at a novelty dog show we entered last year for fun - he won best condition and then best in show (bit disappointed with only a 3rd in Lovely eyes though!)

Lovely :wub: :wub: and good luck with your search for a companion whippet :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Pleased you were at last able to add his picture - he is gorgeous by the way. :wub: :wub: :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel is extremely handsome :wub: Good luck in your search for a whippet buddy for him

Daniel is a gorgeous looking fellow. :wub: :wub: Hope you find a companion for him soon. :luck: :luck:

Back