The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet Walks

Ian of Beetelian

Registered
Reaction score
I live nr Sudbury Suffolk,

A walk I recomend

(Example)I park my car at Rodbridge country park and take my Dogs for a walk along a disused railway line between Rodbridge and Sudbury (either side of the old railwys is fields)I go across Water meadows through Sudbury town and back across fields the route is a circular route takes about 2+ hours and there are refreshments available along the way.

I like Dog walks where you lose all roads Dogs can be off the lead and Refreshments available.

Ian

I think this topic is a good idea. I live in St Helens, and would love to find some decent walks off the roads for Tascha. The only walks I know are either Taylor park (boring) or the big field behind us, which Tascha loves, but I must admit, I'm getting bored with walking the same old beat.

andrea31 said:
I think this topic is a good idea.  I live in St Helens, and would love to find some decent walks off the roads for Tascha.  The only walks I know are either Taylor park (boring) or the big field behind us, which Tascha loves, but I must admit, I'm getting bored with walking the same old beat.
Carr Mill Dam isn't a million miles away from you and thats a lovely walk round for the dogs

(w00t) Another walk I recomend is at Walton on the Naze in Essex,

Walton is a penninsula on the sea for those who dont know.

There is a car park cafeteria and toilets once parked there is a circular walk which for me starts off down on the beach (Its paticularly good if the tide is out) the beach is all sand and clay.you follow the beach around the penninsula across some grassy fields(its a park)and back up to the caferteria and car park it takes about 1 hour and depending on yourself you can cut across the field back to the cars at any time to shorten of lengthen your route.

:lol: Loads of nice walks up here - if you are prepared to come North a bit :lol: :lol:

Ian of Beetelian said:
I live nr Sudbury Suffolk,A walk I recomend

(Example)I park my car at Rodbridge country park and take my Dogs for a walk along a disused railway line between Rodbridge and Sudbury (either side of the old railwys is fields)I go across Water meadows through Sudbury town and back across fields the route is a circular route takes about 2+ hours and there are refreshments available along the way.

I like Dog walks where you lose all roads Dogs can be off the lead and Refreshments available.

Ian

Hello there Ian, we used to live in sudbury, and have done all the above walks, and very nice to, i used to work at guillford kapwoods, i believe they have shut down now, how about Grabor plastics

keith

Back