The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet Type Lurcher In Irish Rescue

Macha

Registered
Reaction score
a fawn whippet-type lurcher bitch, probably a bit under a year old, is up for adoption at Cork SPCA (just beside the bus station in Cork City, Ireland)

She was found early in Jan, in poor condition, but is fine now and looking for a home. A sweet girl, so do have a look if you are in the area and might be able to give her a good life.

I went to visit before I left Cork and the girl was curled up in her unpadded plastic bed outdoors (with a roof to keep out most of the rain).

Fortunately she has a thicker coat than a purebred whippet. I think she may be younger than I said at first, maybe only about 8 months? She is small and has a whippet head and overall shape but is heavier boned than a whippet. She seemd very quiet and tractable, but not without curiousity, a little shy at first but should blossom in the right environment. The Cork SPCA also has some terriers kenneled in the small dogs section along with this whippet girl.

I would love to hear that these dogs find homes, especially the wee lurcher as you know I have a soft spot for sighthounds.

I never heard what happened to this little lurcher bitch, perhaps some k9ers in the Cork area could enquire.

I looked today at the greyhound and lurcher rescue section at http://www.irishanimals.com and I notice that little Noelle and Saffire, whom I mentioned in the k9 general whippet discussions TWO MONTHS ago, are still seeking new homes.

They have problems finding homes for lurchers in Eire so not that surprised.

I adopted Flax from LAW in Limerick at the end of Jan this year and she'd been

there for a few months I believe. I didn't go there, she was delivered at 3.30am

to a Truckstop near M4 by a greyhound transporter who also carries rescue doglets.

She's a lovely little girlie :D and I'm very pleased to have her and she gets on well with my other 2 hounds! :)

poor blind MARLEY. :( i do so hope he finds a good home. :luck: :luck: :luck:

Back