The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet Racing For Fun

taniab

Registered
Reaction score
I have two whippets,one of which is super quick, and I thought that it'd be great fun to race her. I don't know anything about racing so don't know if it's possible to do just for fun. Does anyone know about this? I live in on the Wilts/Glouc borders. Many thanks :)

prob best to post this in the pedigree whippet section, gloucester track is great and the members will be very helpful to you as well :thumbsup:

Hi There

I live on the Wiltshire/Bath Border and went down to Taunton (West Somerset WRC) racing last weekend - wonderful bunch of people, really helpful to a total racing numpty like me :thumbsup: :D

Gloucester is lovely and so is South Cotswolds.

Yes it is possible to race them just for fun :thumbsup:

Yes, you should come along and give them a go - we will all help you :thumbsup: We race at Down Hatherley near Staverton. PM me if you want some directions.

Thank you to everyone I will post those that are nearest first. I'll let you know how I get on. Many thanks

meddling said:
Hi There
I live on the Wiltshire/Bath Border and went down to Taunton (West Somerset WRC) racing last weekend - wonderful bunch of people, really helpful to a total racing numpty like me :thumbsup:   :D

I liveon the Bath borders too so the Taunton racing sounds like a good place to start. I'm a bit nervous about looking an utter fool though as my dogs are just pets that potter about the fields not honed athletes! I will give them a call though to see what the score is.

Thanks for the advice.

:))

West Somerset is really lovely ......You'll get lots of help from the members :luck: and have fun :D

Back