The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet Boy Looking For A Home

alfie

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

A friend of mine who runs a rescue in Lincolnshire has asked me to let you know about a 1 year old entire Whippet boy they have recently collected from Ireland, where they get most of their dogs for rehoming :(

He is good in the car, on lead, and with other dogs, with a very sweet temperament :wub:

He has been vaccinated and wormed.

I enclose a picture of him, though its not particularly good, and looks as if he's being strangled! :- "

Anyone interested can contact Maggie at Mill Rescue on 07843 560051

Oh- don't know why the pic won't come out! :oops: Pm me if interested and I will send you the pic!

Last edited by a moderator:
I feel like I want to say something about this but I wont.

I do hope you find somewhere nice for him soon.

have pm'd you & also rang maggie at mill rescue & made some enquries

have a lady wanting a boy in wymondham, norfolk , havent been able to do a home check as yet but will pass on her deatils if you want? :thumbsup:

Karen said:

Don't know quite what you mean Karen? :blink:

Have I done something wrong by putting this on here?

Liz and the Monellis

think this is EXACTLY where you should put such a message alfie...............this is just the right place to find the boy a good home :thumbsup:

good luck :luck:

alfie said:
Karen said:

Liz and the Monellis

Liz, you have done absolutely NOTHING wrong putting this on here.

Its just IMO a few too many dogs are being rehomed over here from Ireland (all breeds not specifically Whippets) and again IMO some people may just keep churning them out if they know that they will just be shipped out if there is any bother.

Karen said:
alfie said:
Karen said:

Liz and the Monellis

Its just IMO a few too many dogs are being rehomed over here from Ireland (all breeds not specifically Whippets) and again IMO some people may just keep churning them out if they know that they will just be shipped out if there is any bother.

I dont think they care if they are rescued or PTS to be honest. We've helped an Irish Rescue a couple of times and if they were not sent over here they would have been PTS after 7 days in the pound. Problem solved either way. :(

Good luck in finding this boy a home. :luck:

My friend was looking for a rescue collie puppy and contacted the relevant people,

they hadn't a collie but they told her about a fawn whippet who had been brought over from Ireland by the rescue group. She went to visit and the rest as they say is history, she's a lovely whippet and now has a wonderful home. I don't know anything about the background or history but this is one story with a happy ending.

Jenny

have just seen pics of this little whippet he is adorable i have fallen in love with him :wub:

Here is a picture of the little guy himself :wub: :wub:

home_needed_whippet.jpg

Thanks Beth :thumbsup:

You are so much better at this technical stuff than me! :- "

Liz and the Monellis

Have recently heard about a lovely rescue home that has been so badly let down by two different so called 'rescue societies' that she has decided to buy a pedigree puppy instead. If only these folks had the would be owners welfare in mind as well as theyre charges, things would improve.

alfie said:
Thanks Beth :thumbsup: You are so much better at this technical stuff than me! :- "

Liz and the Monellis

Next time you are over I'm going to teach you how to do it!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

What a lovely looking boy! :wub: :wub: :luck:

Personally I am glad my Tiny was sent over here from Ireland otherwise he could be a) dead (he was in a pound before before fostered by the lovely MJ -Wolfhound on here - ) or b) I wouldn't have him if he hadn't been 'advertised' over here.

someone new on here is looking for a companion ? :thumbsup:

jodster 74 i think :thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
posh totty said:
someone new on here is looking for a companion ?  :thumbsup:
jodster 74 i think  :thumbsup:

Thanks posh totty - enquiries made via a pm

:thumbsup:

Thanks to Janimal I also worked out how to add pics of Daniel... Hurrah!

Resized_CROP_IMG_3037.jpg

Resized_IMG_3035.jpg

Resized_Copy__1__of_IMG_3251.jpg

jodster74 said:
posh totty said:
someone new on here is looking for a companion ?  :thumbsup:
jodster 74 i think  :thumbsup:

Thanks posh totty - enquiries made via a pm

:thumbsup:

Thanks to Janimal I also worked out how to add pics of Daniel... Hurrah!

Glad to be of some help anyway. :) and your Daniel is just :wub: :wub: gorgeous

Im going away for 10 days - hope you manage posting your pictures without any more help. :thumbsup:

I made inquiries of about some whippets and whippet crosses in Ireland and got quite frustrated to find that they had been rehomed already - at least two were sent to England. I now have a whippet and a lurcher (lovely but large for my circumstances), otherwise I'd have been annoyed that this fellow has also moved so far away

Karen said:
alfie said:
Karen said:

Liz and the Monellis

Back