The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Whippet Books

RealMadYid

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,

Yeah me again with another question. I'm looking for a book which has a least more than 1/2 a page on racing, training etc. Any ideas? Most (or the few I've found) seem to more biased towards showing...

Cheers,

Paul

Hi there is a book about Whippets sy the first editor of the Whippet News Pauline Wilson It's all about racing breeding training rearing I have acopy somewher if I could only find it .It's mainly Non pedigree

ANN

Thanks, Ann. I'll see what the wonderful world which is the internet throws up....

Paul

The WCRA have a leaflet which might be of interest also I have some articles - email me if you wish and let me have your address, though it is all pedigree stuff I have.

RealMadYid

The Pauline Wilson book is quite a good read, although it's a bit outdated now with some of the dogs, the training side will still be ok.

Hi Paul

I would think that training a racing whippet would be pretty much the same all over.

If you can get it (now out of print) there is a book by, Louis Pegram, titled

"The Complete Whippet."

Copyright 1976

Printer.....Howell Book House, Macmillan Publishing 866 Third Avenue, New York, NY 10022.

There is quite a bit of racing information in this book.

If you can access The Libary of Congress (never done it myself) to read it on line with your computer, the catalog card number is 76-23940ISBN 0-87605-357-6

Another *FANTASTIC* book is The Whippet & Race Dog by Freeman Lloyd, printed in the 1890's.

Next to impossible to find, very expensive if you do!!!

Del

Back