The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

which one

s25ale

Registered
Reaction score
just for a bit of fun which dog that you have seen race would you most liked to have owned and why.hopefully with people being in the sport differant lenghs of time there should be a wide range of todays and past dogs.

Mmmmm good question, will have to have a think about that! ;)

this is harder than i first thought. i could name so many in my short time following the sport but to start somewere i m going to say dog gillette a sight to be hold on the bends. bitch swift holly pure speed and guts.

Mmm i can't think of an allrounder

Gillette was a star on the bends, really good fun to watch as was Stewart.

Mmmm agree with Dee on No Comment, god just cant pick one thought!

I'd have them all!!!

when did no comment race and who owned her dee.any information would be nice for us newer folk

SUP NCH Dacing Gold a little 20lb flying machine with really high fast racing action, she often won opens on the saturday and the sunday,she won over 30 opens in one season! all on the straight.I was lucky enough to get a pup out of the next litter namely Nch Hollywood though she was more than twice Dancing Golds weight, A dog I would like to have owed Nch/Rch Mo evil another dog that made the crowd cheer at championships much admired. Marillon was a really guttseyand determind racer and much admired and atop stud dog that has really put his stamp in our racing lines of today.

No Comment won 1988

NWRF Yearling bitch champion

NWRF 24/25 straight champion

NWRF Champion of Champions

BWRA 24 Racing champion

NWRF 3 Golden jackets

winner highland whippet derby

winner whippet news top ten

1989 supreme champion bitch

David Deans owned her it was his first ever whippet i think ....she was beating in 1989 for NWRF champion of champions by John and Marion gills ..little 16 lb TY COOL...she also was a fantastic bitch

My choice for bitch FAST BLACK Sheiba, I tryed talking her owner into letting us have her for 2 years. In the end we got a small version of her, Double Impact her daughter.

The same with Micky Taites LINX We had one of his sons but sadly he smashed his leg and never raced. But he was the most loving pet I have ever had.

Pauline.

:D :D the bitch i would of had is jane's pace or jane's rebel

the dog i would of had is pegasus or wishy was :D :D

Pups we had to let go because of 'having to be realistic about numbers/space/time etc.' Kimbo Pitts-who Steve adored from day one :wub:

and Ezra from our latest litter who now lives in Surrey.

They both looked very promising as pups and were lovely looking dogs. :blink:

* My choice only, Steve may have his own ideas or not.

Karen

The dog and bitch I would have liked to own were Laura's Dream (Dream Vision x Laura) belonging to Erica Redshaw from the north east, He was in the top ten for four years running 1991 - 1994. Bitch was Sovereign Rose (Sovereign x Maiden Rose) owned by Linda Windle, she also was in the top ten for four years 1985 - 1988. Both these seemed to win everything in those years, their stamina and consistency were second to none. The only present dog or rather bitch likely to have a record like these is Fluke, who if gets in the top ten this year, also goes in it for four in a row. Again a lovely bitch I would like to own.

Hiya Rocky,

Our (Whitey)- Coral is related to Lauras's Dream-I know Steve too likes that breeding hence Coral-

The chap's mother -owner of Laura's Dream, their names escape me-(he has Let's Go Crazy) often comment on Coral when she sees him run.

Fluke as we speak is fast asleep in bed with Steve who too is having a lie in this morning. When she wakes up I'll tell her she has a new home if required.

Don't think Violet Rose (Waterford) will be too impressed with Rocky for that though! :eek: With ref. to this year's Top Ten-not sure yet how much we are actually going to race Fluke in 2004.

(I don't want her to run anymore-) Steve and Harry will decide though I'm sure! :- "

Karen

The bitch I would most like to own would be Fluke and the dog would be Guess Who. He is my best pal :D .

I can't believe i didn't say Indian Joe, he was brill to watch!

dog has to be sing on as I did get to seehim run against my own dog, no contest.

I have seen some great bitches Dancing wind Swift Holy, but a bitch that raced at Portsmouth from 19-67 was R.ch our Rosie 19 lb out of Blue Peter and little Tipsy, when I saw her she was 6years old and was still beating the best, and winning opens when 100 dogs was common, a real durable flying machine.

Mine would be

Dogs Rch/Nch Crazy Touch class act on bend and straights

Bitch Rch/ Nch Kerrys Dream

:D THE BITCH I WOULD LIKED TO HAVE OWNED,[ I HAVE SEEN SOME GOODUNS ,]IS NO COMMENT :D AND THE DOG WOULD HAVE BEEN STIENMAN :D

ANOTHER BITCH WOULD BE KERRYS DREAM :D BEND DOG INDIAN JOE, FREEWHEELER ,BITCH SHOW THE WORLD,FLY FREE WAS"NT BAD EITHER :b

IAM SURE I WILL THINK OF SOMETHING ELSE :cheers:

the dog i would most like to have owned is razzamatazz/lauras dream and the bitches are jackies lass , and thres to many to think of. i would also of liked irish jig. i must be going back to far for gary as he has not heard of half of these.

donna.

Back