The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

What Will Pup Look Like?

Gercha

Registered
Reaction score
Any idea how our pup will turn out - head photo taken at 10 weeks, snow photo at 11 weeks. Breeding is a mixture of saluki, collie, bedlington and greyhound. Anyone got photos of lurchers of similar breeding? At the moment she looks more like a collie than anything!

gh10.jpg

snowgercha.jpg

Wow she's beautiful, defiantely can see the collie in her! :wub:

Sorry i haven't got a clue what she'll turn out like but she's lovely now :wub: :wub: :wub:

yes you can see the collie in her but that picture at the bottom-the one of her running-that is the stride of a sighthound-look like a collie-run like a greyhound-those sheep better watch out- (w00t) :- "

mtotos said:
yes you can see the collie in her but that picture at the bottom-the one of her running-that is the stride of a sighthound-look like a collie-run like a greyhound-those sheep better watch out- (w00t)   :- "
Funny you should say that, almost identical to how I describe her: looks like a collie, runs like a lurcher! It's the way those hindfeet come right through to the front.

Gercha is GORGEOUS and I agree, that's a bunny-slaying stride if ever I saw one! (w00t)

Well, it's pure speculation, but we reckon my girl is probably a straight cross between a collie and a saluki (any other suggestions welcomed, I haven't a clue!)

This is she:

Moowoods.jpg

Please keep posting pics as she grows, I want to see how she turns out!

Maisie, looking vacant, as usual ... :- " ;)

moowoods2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ILoveKettleChips said:
Please keep posting pics as she grows, I want to see how she turns out!
Maisie, looking vacant, as usual ...  :- "  ;)

Wow - Maisie is really lovely - wouldn't mind if Gercha turned out to be a hairier version of her! It is amazing how quickly they change, here is a pic of Gercha at 3 wks:

pup.jpg

I reckon you've got a border collie x greyhound there!

My border (dam) x greyhound (sire) (apologies for horse speak) is virtually identical in every respect, except my girl's ears stand straight straight up in the air like a sphinx. Will try and get photos to show you. Interestingly, the father of my lurcher was brindled, yet all eight puppies came out black and white. Just shows how strong the collie genes are!!

TTFN

ps. - having seen the second photo, I reckon you were right first time - Saluki greyhound !!!

She's absolutely gorgeous, by the way!

lurcherlover said:
ps. - having seen the second photo, I reckon you were right first time - Saluki greyhound !!!She's absolutely gorgeous, by the way!

Do you mean me lurcherlover? Sorry, I'm easily confused :b . I always think Greyhound when I see her in pics, but when you meet her she's all Saluki ears and pointy nose. She's less thickset in life than she appears in pics - camera adds pounds and all that :D . Would love to see pics of yours!

P.S. Sorry to hijack your thread Gercha, am loving the puppy pics! :wub:

ILoveKettleChips said:
lurcherlover said:
ps. - having seen the second photo, I reckon you were right first time - Saluki greyhound !!!She's absolutely gorgeous, by the way!

Do you mean me lurcherlover? Sorry, I'm easily confused :b . I always think Greyhound when I see her in pics, but when you meet her she's all Saluki ears and pointy nose. She's less thickset in life than she appears in pics - camera adds pounds and all that :D . Would love to see pics of yours!

P.S. Sorry to hijack your thread Gercha, am loving the puppy pics! :wub:

Hi again ilovekettlechips - yes I do mean Maisie, and yes I did mean border collie x saluki, not greyhound x saluki (oops) !

(Sorry Gercha - puppy absolutely GORGEOUS! - going to be a star, whatever her x-type - definitely has a lurcher lope at full speed).

My border collie x greyhound, Evie, is SO like Maisie, apart from the ears. Tried to upload a piccie for you to see, but keep being told the file size is too large [';p :angry: Will have to investigate further ...

Only discovered this forum today - how fab to have something dedicated to our fave dogs.

Look forward to seeing loads more piccies of all your beasties - and I will try and sort out my PC gremlins to add to the gallery.

TTFN!

Hi lurcherlover, try reducing the size of your pic's, makesure they are under 75 KB. :)

Back