The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

What Breed Should I Get????

greatdaneluv

Registered
Reaction score
I am thinking about getting a new dog. At the moment i have a male jack russell called fudge who is good with dogs.I live in a medium size house with a big garden i will take the dog for three 20 minets walks a day at weekdays and 2 hour walks at weekends.I would like the dog to be bigger than a collie what dog should i get???

How much time have you to train etc? as that will determin the breed to ...

Hi and welcome to the forum. :thumbsup:

It might be a good idea to give a bit more information. For example do you like long coated or short coated breeds? Do you think you might want to do showing, agility, obedience, racing etc with your new dog? Do you want a puppy or an adult dog? Would you be happy to have a rehome/rescue dog?

I am thinking about getting a new dog. At the moment i have a male jack russell called fudge who is good with dogs.I live in a medium size house with a big garden i will take the dog for three 20 minets walks a day at weekdays and 2 hour walks at weekends.I would like the dog to be bigger than a collie what dog should i get???
what breed s do you like and read up on them to make sure its the right dog for you

check out the different forums on here especially the non pedigree whippets as we trying to encourage people to come racing.

Discover dogs is on this weekend at Earls Court so if you could get down their at least you could look at the different breeds then go away and research them?

I was told that every family should have a Boston Terrier at some time in their life. We did get on and that puppy was the most dedicated, lovable, snorting Tanzy. She was really the best dog we ever owned. That's what I would recommend. Unless you have already gotten something.

Later,

Maya

Little_Ike_in_the_bed.JPG

Toby_and_Lexi_003.jpg

lurcher or ridgeback both physically tough and should have good characters. or rescue greyhound again excellent temprament.

Back