The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Westminster Results

Lolcoe said:
Having sat and watched the video 5 times, i am less apprehensive about my first show on Sunday.All the top heavy women bobbing about though!!! :blink:   :blink:

Denise

Good idea to think about what you are going to wear! Make sure that your dog does not blend into the colour of your trousers. And talking about trousers, choose a pair that is comfy but well fiting. One champ show I put on a pair I have not worn for a while, must have lost some weight, when i started running around they started sliding down! :D Then there was the lady wearing a dress, showing her dog when her knickers fell to the ground - she just picked them up and kept going!

good luck for tomorrow

Lida

Last edited by a moderator:
L O L :lol: :oops: I hope they were clean :thumbsup:

Can i get away with wearing brown trousers with a Fawn dog?

Im taking daughter on a major shopping expedition today. I thought i had found the perfect outfit, but when i went to buy it, it had gone. Being an Open Show i dont wanna look too tarted up as the one i went to, they were smart/casual.

I have a newish pair of chocolatey brown trousers that fit so they might do.

If all else fails i will just insist that the dog comes to the shops with me to have a fashion parade.

Denise

Anything dark will be fine , you dont want your dog blending in with your clothes ..

I will be thinking of you 2 morrow :luck: :luck: :luck: :luck:

ALL I CAN SAY IS IMM SOOOOOOOO SOOO GLAD TRENT WON!!!!!!!

YAY

I love that dog, he deserved it!

He is definetely my cup of tea!!! He is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dessie said:
Did sort of manage to see the video along with Millie ........... can't say the dogs are my cup of tea!!
We don't see a lot but I have to say I agree with you on that :oops:

dessie said:
Morgan said:
dessie said:
Did sort of manage to see the video along with Millie ........... can't say the dogs are my cup of tea!!
We don't see a lot but I have to say I agree with you on that :oops:

Just goes to show that beauty is in the eye of the beholder and perhaps where you come from and what you are used to seeing!!

I haven't quite figured out the etiquette of discussing the virtues and flaws of individual whippets, different lines or different types of whippets, but I have a feeling it would not hurt if these issues were discussed more openly. I really think it is quite refreshing that someone would also admit to *not* liking a particular type of whippet (even though most of their owners are safely across the pond from most on this forum ;-)

I wouldn't mind learning more about what it is you don't like about the Westminster whippets - or am I pushing my luck? :- "

BTW - I don't particularily fancy the type of the few dogs that I managed to have a look at in the video.

bardmand said:
I wouldn't mind learning more about what it is you don't like about the Westminster whippets - or am I pushing my luck?  :- "
BTW - I don't particularily fancy the type of the few dogs that I managed to have a look at in the video.

Hello Bardmand,

It is just the general impression I had. I couldn't see enough the details to be really objective but the first impression I had is that one:

I always hear about the wonderfull side gait of the American Whippets so I was expecting to see something with the "[SIZE=14pt]WOW[/SIZE]" factor....

And I wasn't impressed!! :oops: :b

Last edited by a moderator:
Morgan said:
bardmand said:
I wouldn't mind learning more about what it is you don't like about the Westminster whippets - or am I pushing my luck?  :- "

Hello Bardmand,

It is just the general impression I had. I couldn't see enough the details to be really objective but the first impression I had is that one:

I always hear about the wonderfull side gait of the American Whippets so I was expecting to see something with the "[SIZE=14pt]WOW[/SIZE]" factor....

And I wasn't impressed!! :oops: :b

But look at the stupid little ring they had!! My Ronan can go some but he probably would have taken one look at that ring and metaphorically have shrugged his shoulders and paced up and back. Even going round he wouldn't have been able to trot out unless I had waited and held them all up!!!

Having just read Bo Bengsons report in DOG WORLD :- " , he says they closed the doors at 10 30 am (w00t) because there was no more room to let peps in !! Can you imagine that happening over here ??

the Westminster is only over [SIZE=21pt]TWO [/SIZE] days :eek: Has NO ONE thought . I wonder if we held it over more days we would

A) be able to get a bigger entry of dogs , eg maybe 2 groups per day . ( I mean 13 Whippets , please , how can you be happy with just beating 12 dogs ! :b )

B) gosh , we might be able to get more people in too ;)

C) might even be able to give dogs a decent sized ring too :teehee:

D ) Maybe we ought to move it to a bigger venue , , ( they said Crufts would never survive out side London , not true , its got better and bigger , .

To be honest I really dont think I would go now if they moved it back to the `Big Smoke ` :x

I manage to watch the vid eo :thumbsup: My money was on no2 half way through [ as I dont know any of these dogs :b ].so if some one could post her? breeding thanks .

And i shall never moun about our ring sizes again o:)

JAX said:
( I mean 13 Whippets , please , how can you be happy with just beating 12 dogs ! :b )
Oh - and I thought you said it doesn't matter how many dogs one beats. :- " ;)

aslan said:
JAX said:
( I mean 13 Whippets , please , how can you be happy with just beating 12 dogs ! :b )
Oh - and I thought you said it doesn't matter how many dogs one beats. :- " ;)

You know what I mean ;) , when you think of all the top quality Whippets out there who should be able to enter the `Premier show` of their country :wacko:

Yes I knew what you meant :D Just throwing you the bait ;)

I wouldnt last long in a pond would I !! :lol: :lol: :oops: :huggles:

Back