The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Westhoughton!!!

gold buck

Registered
Reaction score
Westhoughton is off today due to the badweather... We will be arranging a date in the near future!!!

:))

Thanks for posting Lou.

Despite the snow & freezing conditions the track was lovely and soft underneath but due to the bad traveling conditions and people having to withdraw it was pointless scraping snow off the track for a limited entry.

All being well we can get the meeting back on in the next few weeks.

Thanks to all our members for their continued support throughout 2010 and best of luck for a safe and successful 2011.

The club will be on tomorrow from 1.30pm, I expect people will just be wanting trials, we will hopefully be able to run the Xmas handicap that was postponed in the next few weeks.

A really good turnout for the first Sunday back after a break over christmas, with snow Friday and rain Saturday the track was heavy going and hardwork for the little ones. All dogs looked like they enjoyed themselves though and some impressive looking youngsters for the 2011 season. The hare trolley came out of the rail halfway through the day so sorry for the delay but members soon got it fixed and trials continued without any further problems.

Times (approx -30 according to track staff)

Jedward 17.94 / 18.43

Champagne Charlie 16.88 / 16.81

Darlo Delight 16.19 / 16.22

Ceri 15.47

Tall n Tiny 16.65

Twisted Sister 16.13

Ginger Gud 15.79 / 16.03 by a distance from Gingerbred (first run in company on the bends and passed lovely)

Brindle Lurcher 16.65 / 16.59 (hs)

Peds fawn 17.28 by 3yds from the black (sorry no names)

3 Salukis 17.78 / 18.29

Snip (ped) 18.31 from Blaze

Red Moon Rising 16.47

Little Big Man 15.91 by 2yds from Barney B Jones (another who did a perfect 1st run in company)

Peds blue by 1yd from brindle 17.40

Cream Ped 17.85

Whiskey Fudge 16.60 by 3yd from I'll be Back 16.60

Megapixel 16.12 / 16.56 (this little bitch has done everything right since starting on the bends, another clear run in company too)

Mad Jack 16.50 (running the bends and getting the distance no bother)

Moonbound 16.37 (a clean run in company for him too)

Teddy 16.19 / 16.47

Jenny Taylor 16.50

Benson 16.03 / 16.09

Lt Blue Brd Ped 18.15

Blue Ped 18.91

Lt Brd Ped, blue & Snip 17.53

Hopefully the ped owners can work out which was which as i didn't get there names.

Hoping we will be able to secure future club racing at Westhoughton with the new owner, we have been spoilt by having Rod & Louise look after us for so long, nothing has ever been too much trouble for them and they have always supported whippet racing on independant tracks, i'm sure everyone else at the club is with me in wishing them the very best of luck for the future and once again THANKYOU!

Trials will be on this Sunday from 1.30pm for anyone not attending the BWRA AGM.

Dont forget, Peddi & Lurcher gang, your dogs will be catered for with additional trophy races at our Bend Bonanza on 20th February.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just been talking to Tony and he ran Mitch on there when he was 1 yr old and said whippet racing had been going on at Wessy for decades.

I do hope the new owner will carry on accomodating whippet racing as Westhoughton has schooled so many champion racing whippets that have been a force to recon with. I would hope that all the club's youngsters follow on in their footsteps and that it's done on Westhoughton's track. :luck:

I am immensly proud of our club and indebted to Rod and Louise for their hard work and constant support of whippet racing. :thumbsup:

It was great to get back running this week. The abysmal weather and Christmas period was probably a nice rest for the hounds and having some trials was just the job to blow the cobwebs off.

Lots of peddys, some salukis, a few newcomers and the usual suspects got welcomed with some bright winter sunshine so I've got a few piks to share.

Well done to George and Judd, think your doing a grand job with him mate.

Nice to see Martin's Black Pearl up and running, even if he did move the wall when he came into finish!!

Very pleased to see Keith Woodhead trackside and well done clearing Jacko, another promising dog.

So pleased with all our youngsters :wub:

Huge thanks to everyone who came, sorry about the lure breaking but thanks for your patience and to all those who helped fix it. :thumbsup:

Album is here> Westhoughton Club Racing 2011

Apparently my mouse is having ''compatibility issues'' so I'll add piks on here when I've sorted it out tomorrow! :rant:

Don't forget, racing on next Sunday for those wanting a run. :thumbsup:

As promised.

090111_001.sized.jpg

090111_002.sized.jpg

090111_005.sized.jpg

090111_009.sized.jpg

090111_010.sized.jpg

090111_011.sized.jpg

090111_012.sized.jpg

090111_018.sized.jpg

Thanks to the Wessy for another great sunday, we have enjoyed every time we race there and the dogs love it.

Our liitle fawn dog (ozzy) who is 11 months old is doing great ,he had the fastest time even beating his dads time ,( our blue boy noah) .

Will miss you all this sunday due to our AGM but will hopefully see you the week after :thumbsup: Thanks jackie for the photos there brilliant :thumbsup:

Fab photos as usual Jac thanks for posting

I could almost believe I was there watching racing

- loved the luchers with their floppy ears :wub:

Elaine

Just to let our members know that racing will still be on as normal tomorrow at Westhoughton, with the usual start time of 1.30pm.

Speaking to the new owner last night and he was telling us all about his plans for the changes at the stadium, he's going to be ploughing a lot of money into the track over the next few months to give it a total revamp. Things are looking very rosie for our local bend club :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: So pleased for you all at Wessie! I just hope that everything works out for you. Take Care :wub:

Thats good news, Two Faced always loved Westhoughton, lets hope we will be bringing her babies to run there some day in the future :luck:

Just to let our members know that racing will still be on as normal tomorrow at Westhoughton, with the usual start time of 1.30pm.Speaking to the new owner last night and he was telling us all about his plans for the changes at the stadium, he's going to be ploughing a lot of money into the track over the next few months to give it a total revamp. Things are looking very rosie for our local bend club :thumbsup:
Aye and a couple of our members too! :thumbsup:

Had to admit I was worried that the days of Wessy chucking out champion bend dogs was drawing to a close but it looks like we'll still be running bends for a while to come! :D

Best of luck to the new owner. I wish him, Rod & Louise every success in the future :luck:

Racing on as normal tomorrow, starting at 1.30pm, all welcome, any breed/size/shape.

The new owner has offered to put a big money event on for the whippets and quite a few greyhound folk have asked about the possibility of holding some Whippet vs Greyhound dashes which the bookies will support. Some of the older members will remember Ann & Pete Lagans Kean winning some of these at Westhoughton in the 80's.

Racing on as normal tomorrow, starting at 1.30pm, all welcome, any breed/size/shape.
The new owner has offered to put a big money event on for the whippets and quite a few greyhound folk have asked about the possibility of holding some Whippet vs Greyhound dashes which the bookies will support. Some of the older members will remember Ann & Pete Lagans Kean winning some of these at Westhoughton in the 80's.
what about some whippet vs lurcher or lurcher vs greyhound dashes

roger

Back