The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Westhoughton......

Karen-Coral

Registered
Reaction score
How nice to see a few old faces that used to come to Wessy on Thursday evenings--there once again good to be running bends again ---thanks to Rod and Louise the owners ---always lots of time for the whippet folk ---

steve

Was a good turnout wasn't it :))

Nice to see Gina back with Lulu, still very keen despite her being 9yr old now.

All the oldies trialed like they'd never been off the bends Avit, Maid your Point & Rapskallion all clocked impressive times for first run back.

Also nice to see some new faces & dogs, Darren's two pups from Tinkerman both look the part and went well for babies as did the blue dog of Gina's mates. Bertie ran well for Greta & Albert making their long drive worthwhile.

Billy the lurcher was as mad as ever, nocking his owner over and snapping the bench :lol:

Martin showed me pic's of his Bigland Boy x Mismatch Mini pup, he's gorgeous but he's gonna be a BIG lad :wub:

See you all again next week.

Vicky said:
Was a good turnout wasn't it  :)) Nice to see Gina back with Lulu, still very keen despite her being 9yr old now.

All the oldies trialed like they'd never been off the bends Avit, Maid your Point & Rapskallion all clocked impressive times for first run back.

Also nice to see some new faces & dogs, Darren's two pups from Tinkerman both look the part and went well for babies as did the blue dog of Gina's mates.  Bertie ran well for Greta & Albert making their long drive worthwhile.

Billy the lurcher was as mad as ever, nocking his owner over and snapping the bench :lol:

Martin showed me pic's of his Bigland Boy x Mismatch Mini pup, he's gorgeous but he's gonna be a BIG lad :wub:

See you all again next week.

Hope you're not going to send mad dogs over for the Highgate v Wessy match. North Westerners, bloody vandals :- " .

Hopefully another good turnout tomorrow night - 29 dogs got timed in last week as well as a few handslips with more to come this week.

Last weeks times in order:

Avit 15.34

Maid Your Point 15.50

Rapskalion 15.53

Winter Moon 15.76

Bobby Dazzler 15.87

Mai-zee-mu 15.93

Mad Max 16.00

He's the Pitts 16.10

Maid u Luck 16.22

Whiskey Fudge 16.32

Red Moon Rising 16.35

I'll be Back 16.36

Mule Skinner 16.48

Mr Solo 16.48

Gingerbred 16.50

Black GHD 16.76

Annie Hough 16.84

Totty maud 16.85

Alva Star 17.10

Riley Finn (ped) 17.20

Raffa (Fn ped 1) 17.42

Snip (ped) 17.43

Tess (ped 3) 17.46

Heebie Jeebies (ped) 17.46

Woah Nelly (ped) 17.48

Honolulu 17.56

Billy Wash (lurcher) 17.96

Blue Angel 17.98

Libby (ped 2 blinkers) 18.62

Trials from 6.30ish. Racing 7pm

A really good and promising start to the bend season ----with some new faces along with the old----

I had the pleasure of seeing two dogs last night run a great race neck and neck till about twenty yards from line those being Rapscallion--V--Made your Point with the later showing why he has won so much and going away from the younger dog it was absolutely brilliant to see---thats why i prefer bend racing to straight--you can see more of the action ===

best of luck to both owners and good luck for the forthcomming bend events --

Mark did a great job of handicaping as it was his first time---will be lots better when we get pre-entry...

great nights racing well worth a look for anyone

steve

loads of young pups there last night having a peek at what its all about will take my two over next week for their first outing after their injections the North West is looking good for the future if they all make it to the track :thumbsup:

Was another good turnout - LOADS of peds too :thumbsup:

I agree with you Steve, Bob and Jude were the best race of the night, Jude had to work hard on the outside to pass but he loves these kind of races.

Was chuffed with Zigster too, poor old Tiny (Sailaway) came out of retirement to trial against him, Zig even contemplated passing him on the inside (w00t) , passed him no bother to go on and win by a good distance. Fingers crossed with him and luckily Tiny isn't hobbleing this morning :thumbsup:

Avit put in another good time as did a few others. Mick's 2 youngsters She's a Flyer & Magic Flyer both went well as did Little Flyer on her first run back, John was pleased with Winter Moon too but i didn't see his first race.

Nice to see Ziggy & Lacey's pups all looking nice, Darcy, Forrest, Hattie & Hubble all had a good scrap and enjoyed the night and little Dodge is gorgeous, doubt he'll take much training :thumbsup:

Thanks Mark for taking on the role of RM :cheers:

Brilliant night as ever and it was great to see Ziggy & Lacey's babes :wub:

I think Linda's pups finish their jabs soon so we'll have more puppies at Wessy. :thumbsup:

Would one of you in the know like to put times on again --(for us calendar watchers please)---Vicky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL :p :p :thumbsup:

Also i must say thanks to Vicky for the loan of the scales whilst she gets me my new ones ---thanks very much ----- :cheers: :thumbsup:

steve

Don't want you getting carried away now Steve with the calendar!

Avit 15.15

Maid Your Point 15.40

Bobby Dazzler 15.40 / 15.72

Smooby 15.80

Maid u Luck 15.80

Red Moon Rising 15.84 / 16.20

Whiskey Fudge 16.02 / 16.15

Sailaway 16.22 / 16.28

Little Flyer 16.36

She's a Flyer 16.45

Annie Hough 16.53 / 16.50

Magic Flyer 17.20 / 17.29

GOOD NIGHT LAST NIGHT, BRILL TO BE BACK ON THE BENDS OURS RAN OK FOR 1ST RUN FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE AGES

NICE ATMOSPHERE I THOUGHT ,

SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK :thumbsup:

MICK DUDEK said:
GOOD NIGHT LAST NIGHT, BRILL TO BE BACK ON THE BENDS OURS RAN OK FOR 1ST RUN FOR WHAT SEEMS LIKE AGES NICE ATMOSPHERE I THOUGHT ,

SEE YOU ALL NEXT WEEK :thumbsup:

Look out for us 2 :thumbsup:

trophy meeting this thursday.

for dogs that have a mark in the time handicap:

lightweight (and peds) & heavyweight

scratch races in split classes for anyone who wants them.

trophy for lurchers according to entries

ALL RACES PRE-ENTRY BY WEDNESDAY NIGHT - TRIALS AFTER FIRST ROUND OF RACES.

mark 07843 595047

Last edited by a moderator:
Some more really good racing last night - well done to the trophy winners :cheers:

Unfortunately the racing was marred by Darren's Mule Skinner breaking his leg whilst trialing, i hope everything works out ok for the poor lad. Another downside is that this has put Darren off racing as his other pup from the same litter also broke his foot a while back :(

sorry to hear that hope for full recovery. :luck: :luck:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back