The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Westhoughton Greyhound Track

wild whippies

Super-D-Duper
Registered
Reaction score
Just a note to the lurcher folk. This Sunday's club racing / trialling is from 1:30pm instead of the usual 3pm. :thumbsup:

i am after training Dodger,he has never lured before,i have to get him used to the muzzle first,is anyone welcome and is it on every Sunday any advice on this would be fantastic,i dont think Gypsie Rose is ready for training as she seems to be all legs still at minute.Thanks

Club racing and trialling this Sunday from 1:30pm :thumbsup:

WESTHOUGHTON GREYHOUND STADIUM

MARSH BROOK FOLD

WESTHOUGHTON

BOLTON

LANCASHIRE

BL5 2DH

Don't forget the BWRA NorthWest Bend Bonanza is on the 20th February so get your dogs ready! :thumbsup:

Bend Bonanza

Last edited by a moderator:
what times racing this sunday? is there any chance of getting a trial/race over a longer distance ?even if its last thing when all the other trials have finished ? i aint been to westy for a while so weather permiting ,should be there on sunday......cheers jim

Nice to meet you today jimbh. Thought I'd share some piks :thumbsup:

300111_131.sized.jpg

300111_211.sized.jpg

300111_213.sized.jpg

300111_244.sized.jpg

300111_248.sized.jpg

300111_440.sized.jpg

300111_447.sized.jpg

300111_449.sized.jpg

cheers roger ,the westy lot made me realy welcome and i even got a bonus of the fab pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ,i asked if the would let me have a 650 m trial and it was no bother :thumbsup: ,im looking forward to to feb 20th i just hope ive got somebody to race against in the 650m :sweating: .

cheers roger ,the westy lot made me realy welcome and i even got a bonus of the fab pictures :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ,i asked if the would let me have a 650 m trial and it was no bother :thumbsup: ,im looking forward to to feb 20th i just hope ive got somebody to race against in the 650m :sweating: .
Enjoyed watching your dog run and your pup is lovely :thumbsup:

Chip was lovely, he was ever so good for your daughter :wub:

Think the distance definately suited your lurcher, wasn't so sure when she first left the traps then when she opened up she looked and timed really good :thumbsup:

I always rate a dogs' fitness by how well they recover after a run and she was barely blowing. :thumbsup:

jim how do you keep your dog fit the ground is to hard to run on

roger

misty dont need to run every week to stay fit ,just needs a good blow out and then can make do with a couple of weeks lead walking if the grounds bad .when i raced greys if one didnt run for 2 or 3 weeks through injury as long as they were well walked on the lead i oftain found it didnt realy affect there fitness ,but on the other hand running over long distances requires a very fit dog misty, dont get any faster over a longer distance she just stays the distance better as her saluki x breeding would imply she should .but this is at a price as she is a failed working dog as her recall can be a real problem she had half a dozen homes by the time she was 18 months old.but she gives us a lot of pleasure especially running the long distance(710m) at highgate dont realy matter if she wins or loses for me its more of a social event.

We can do some more 6 bend trials this Sunday if anyone wants to get some practice runs into their dogs in preparation for the bend bonanza on the 20th.

jim-- be rest assured the old timer will def run the long race, she's as slow as snail now but loves it , been training her a fortnight now , so she'll be ok by the 20th-------she ran over 1000m at highgate , won by nearly 100 yds--2 years ago---stuart

jim-- be rest assured the old timer will def run the long race, she's as slow as snail now but loves it , been training her a fortnight now , so she'll be ok by the 20th-------she ran over 1000m at highgate , won by nearly 100 yds--2 years ago---stuart
this will be a good race to see

roger

now thats what i like to hear ,a bit of enthusiasm ,ive put a post on the lurcher link website so might just get a few entered ,would be nice to fill the race , i might see big enzos owners at highgate next week but i dont think he does the traps,also theres another couple who like there dog to run the 710m and they are from the manchester area.any how denned good to hear you got the old gal in training i aint looked forward to a race like this since i packed in with my greys .

now thats what i like to hear ,a bit of enthusiasm ,ive put a post on the lurcher link website so might just get a few entered ,would be nice to fill the race , i might see big enzos owners at highgate next week but i dont think he does the traps,also theres another couple who like there dog to run the 710m and they are from the manchester area.any how denned good to hear you got the old gal in training i aint looked forward to a race like this since i packed in with my greys .
jim , in training yes , but shes nearly 7 , but fun anyway , we'll be there .

big well done to ROGER with andy winning the westy christmas 275yd goody bag race :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ,(the club were going to run this at christmas but had reorganise due to weather conditions) .rogers dog easily winning the event with the forth fastest time of the day 15.47 :thumbsup: (w00t) :thumbsup: (w00t) .

i then raced rogers dog over 650yds and the result was never in doubt rogers dog leading from almost start to finish winning by a good 10L .so looks like a uphill struggle to beat his dog in the forthcoming event on feb 20th :angry: :angry: .

big well done to ROGER with andy winning the westy christmas 275yd goody bag race :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ,(the club were going to run this at christmas but had reorganise due to weather conditions) .rogers dog easily winning the event with the forth fastest time of the day 15.47 :thumbsup: (w00t) :thumbsup: (w00t) .i then raced rogers dog over 650yds and the result was never in doubt rogers dog leading from almost start to finish winning by a good 10L .so looks like a uphill struggle to beat his dog in the forthcoming event on feb 20th :angry: :angry: .
It would be interesting to see blue and andy race!! but dont think they'd allow it!! (w00t)

Well done Roger and Andy!! :thumbsup:

big well done to ROGER with andy winning the westy christmas 275yd goody bag race :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ,(the club were going to run this at christmas but had reorganise due to weather conditions) .rogers dog easily winning the event with the forth fastest time of the day 15.47 :thumbsup: (w00t) :thumbsup: (w00t) .i then raced rogers dog over 650yds and the result was never in doubt rogers dog leading from almost start to finish winning by a good 10L .so looks like a uphill struggle to beat his dog in the forthcoming event on feb 20th :angry: :angry: .
It would be interesting to see blue and andy race!! but dont think they'd allow it!! (w00t)

Well done Roger and Andy!! :thumbsup:
can race at highgate on saturday if you want

thanks jim had a good day

roger

Last edited by a moderator:
Back