The Most Dog Friendly Community Online
Join and Discover the Best Things to do with your Dog

Westhoughton Club Nights

allways is john. shame its a great track
I'm glad you've said that Gary - if it's another poor turnout this year it can't be blamed on Westhoughton holding a club meeting.

Hang on how can folk wishing to trial their dogs effect a competitive race event?! :wacko:

If the Open is a good one then people will attend and if they do not I think it's more a reflection on the fact most dog's training has been hindered due to the weather and nothing whatsoever to do with some meagre club running night. I should point out that for those novices with a peddy or a lurcher, coming running at wessy with their pet is a big event to them personally and fail to see why we should mess our regulars or Rod and Louise about. Simultaneouly anyone with a decent fit non-ped will feel high regard to running their dog in an Open event and as such will attend Easington if they're ''up'' for racing.

In the 6 years we have been racing Easington has always had a poor turn out, But as Vicky says people racing from the north west have always tried to support Easington's meetings. So Westhoughton holding training everning on the same day as Easington cant be blamed if there is a poor turn out.

Extra dates have been put on at Westhought because of not being able to run due to the cold weather, so that people wanting a run round Westhoughton before the Tyrone bend open and the Championships to familiarise there dogs with the track can do so.

It is up to the individual where they choose to run.............

I AGREE PEOPLE WILL TRAVEL TO WHICH EVER TRACK THEY CHOOSE JUST THINK ITS A SHAME THAT SOMETIMES RACE VENUES CLASS WITH EACH OTHER JUST MY OPINION DONT SHOOT ME LOL. (w00t)

wasnt saying its because of a club nite been on just saying easington never gets the suport it deserves :wacko:

its unfortunate the weather put paid to a lot of Wessie club meetings and as there are a number of youngsters needing the schooling on the bends so its a good thing they are on for the next 3 weeks. I for one had planned on schooling my two in time for their first bend race at EASINGTON but it couldn't be done and I won't take them unschooled

. I'll probably get slated for my next comment BUT with a little forsight IMO it may have been better to move the open to 6th Match (it was/is available) think the turnout would be better as the racing is much needed in preparation for the champs

if it is a poor turn out then it will b easy points 4 the 1st top ten open of the season wont it? lol :thumbsup:

its unfortunate the weather put paid to a lot of Wessie club meetings and as there are a number of youngsters needing the schooling on the bends so its a good thing they are on for the next 3 weeks. I for one had planned on schooling my two in time for their first bend race at EASINGTON but it couldn't be done and I won't take them unschooled . I'll probably get slated for my next comment BUT with a little forsight IMO it may have been better to move the open to 6th Match (it was/is available) think the turnout would be better as the racing is much needed in preparation for the champs

it was the same last year when highgate did the same thing, with a little forsight we would be all a lot wiser ;)

if you check the dates for wessy you will see the 6th march is also booked for club racing.

Last edited by a moderator:
this message is mainly for vicky as i could not reply via PM as your inbox is full, :blink: my whippet has never done any racing before, so it best to come on saturday without him and see what goes on? or should i bring him so people can look at him and give me ideas/help?

cheers :thumbsup:

Yes by all mean's bring your youngster. Bring a well fitting collar and lead so your dog doesn't slip as they're known to get excited! :thumbsup:

its unfortunate the weather put paid to a lot of Wessie club meetings and as there are a number of youngsters needing the schooling on the bends so its a good thing they are on for the next 3 weeks. I for one had planned on schooling my two in time for their first bend race at EASINGTON but it couldn't be done and I won't take them unschooled . I'll probably get slated for my next comment BUT with a little forsight IMO it may have been better to move the open to 6th Match (it was/is available) think the turnout would be better as the racing is much needed in preparation for the champs

it was the same last year when highgate did the same thing, with a little forsight we would be all a lot wiser ;)

if you check the dates for wessy you will see the 6th march is also booked for club racing.
Don't think so John, we attended the UK scratch last year :-

sorry geoff it was'nt the u/k scr it was another open at easington.

Yes by all mean's bring your youngster. Bring a well fitting collar and lead so your dog doesn't slip as they're known to get excited! :thumbsup:
hi thanks for the reply, but whisper is 2years old, is this too old? it is just he is too big for showing so i fancyed taking up a hobby with him as i feel like i do more with my other whippet, he is quite tall and a little over weight at the moment but i would love to get him fit and do something with him that he enjoys. :thumbsup:

hi thanks for the reply, but whisper is 2years old, is this too old? it is just he is too big for showing so i fancyed taking up a hobby with him as i feel like i do more with my other whippet, he is quite tall and a little over weight at the moment but i would love to get him fit and do something with him that he enjoys. :thumbsup:
wild whippies old bitch started racing much later than that, i'm sure he'll love it!

Look forward to meeting you and Whisper on Saturday night :thumbsup:

Thank you for your kind reply, i am a bit nervous but look forward to meeting everone

Last edited by a moderator:
WHAT TIME DO YOU HAVE TO BE THERE FOR ON SAT FOR RACING PLEASE ANYBODY KNOW :thumbsup:

WHAT TIME DO YOU HAVE TO BE THERE FOR ON SAT FOR RACING PLEASE ANYBODY KNOW :thumbsup:
No-one else booked in for racing Lyndon, most just want trials, you're still welcome to come if you want trialing - start 5.30pm

No-one else booked in for racing Lyndon, most just want trials, you're still welcome to come if you want trialing - start 5.30pm
that's fine I bring them givethem few trials if things change put them in see you sat thanks lyndon

Back